+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Schoolboy Football Teams

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts

Schoolboy Football Teams

Anyone here involved with or know any U15 teams looking for players? Local to Ballyer or Inchicore would be preferable

Particular interest in the Bosco if anyone knows the situation there?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Has he signed for a club this season?
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

Thanks
    Yeah, does that mean he can't change?

Thanks
    Not till next season. You can only move before Oct 15th.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanMc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dam it, cheers for the info though.

If you remember, can you let me know when things are starting there for the new season?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    unless his former team have broken up

8. The Following User Says Thank You to saintly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    Dam it, cheers for the info though.

If you remember, can you let me know when things are starting there for the new season?

Yeah I'll PM you the managers number. Around May is time enough.

As saintly rightly pointed you he can move now if his team is no more.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanMc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Cheers lads, his team is still there now so will wait for next season. Thanks

Patrons
    Thanks
    speaking of under 15s. kilnamanaghs team were kicked out of the league for playing a player who lives more than 49km away. was in tonights evening herald. anybody know anymore on it. am not involved in schoolboy football but surely this happens at the bigger clubs also?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    speaking of under 15s. kilnamanaghs team were kicked out of the league for playing a player who lives more than 49km away. was in tonights evening herald. anybody know anymore on it. am not involved in schoolboy football but surely this happens at the bigger clubs also?
    Yeah happens everywhere. Few clubs shitting it I'd say. Its really down to whether some protests or not. Must people couldn't be arsed

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Im Involved with the pats 15's Slavia... If he wants to come down at the end of the season to the trials feel free.... For anyone that doesnt know what the rule entails its basically you must play within 49km of where the kid goes to school. About the Kilnamanagh situation, the Kildare league put in a protest about a player they had signed from Port Arlington, they were subsuquently expelled from the league, but kilnamanagh are appealing. They have aknowledged that they have broken the rule but they feel being kicked out is too extreme and that a points deduction would be the wisest option. The SFAI have it out for Dublin clubs as seen when they had the meeting all the way down the country on a monday night with only 3 reps from dublin they were out voted as u cud imagine. I know of 5 clubs in 15 Premier alone who have country players and are walking on glass. The rule is a disgrace IMO, denying a kid a chance to play football wherever he likes, whatever happened to common sense????

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donohoe'd and Dusted View Post
    Im Involved with the pats 15's Slavia... If he wants to come down at the end of the season to the trials feel free.... For anyone that doesnt know what the rule entails its basically you must play within 49km of where the kid goes to school. About the Kilnamanagh situation, the Kildare league put in a protest about a player they had signed from Port Arlington, they were subsuquently expelled from the league, but kilnamanagh are appealing. They have aknowledged that they have broken the rule but they feel being kicked out is too extreme and that a points deduction would be the wisest option. The SFAI have it out for Dublin clubs as seen when they had the meeting all the way down the country on a monday night with only 3 reps from dublin they were out voted as u cud imagine. I know of 5 clubs in 15 Premier alone who have country players and are walking on glass. The rule is a disgrace IMO, denying a kid a chance to play football wherever he likes, whatever happened to common sense????
    You'd be happy to let an 8 year old travel at least 300 km a week to kick a football for 2 and a half hours?

What about his education? Local friends? costs to parents? cost to family life if there's brothers or sisters not seeing parents half the week?

If he trained at half 6 he'd leave the house at 5 and return possibly at 9pm from training twice a week. A child shouldn't spend half his life in a car he should be out climbing trees or cycling a bike.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlanMc For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    You'd be happy to let an 8 year old travel at least 300 km a week to kick a football for 2 and a half hours?

What about his education? Local friends? costs to parents? cost to family life if there's brothers or sisters not seeing parents half the week?

If he trained at half 6 he'd leave the house at 5 and return possibly at 9pm from training twice a week. A child shouldn't spend half his life in a car he should be out climbing trees or cycling a bike.
    I never mentioned an 8 year old. I said SFAI, meaning u12s-16s

Thanks
    I never mentioned an 8 year old. I said SFAI, meaning u12s-16s

Even a 12 year old its too much with starting secondary. And is worse again in Jnr cert year u15!!!!

The rule is there to protect kids from dumb parents and coaches who want to win at all costs.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post
    Must people couldn't be arsed
    Certain team from tallaght will put in a protest if they lose, pretty much gauranteed if you beat them your team is getting bone marrow tests and shit.

Thanks
    Im Involved with the pats 15's Slavia...

Have sent you a PM

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    Certain team from tallaght will put in a protest if they lose, pretty much gauranteed if you beat them your team is getting bone marrow tests and shit.

I seen a tallaght team draw Saturday and the manager and then a parent attack the ref. Ref was dragged into a passing car and whisked to safety by a forum member.

I seen another parent who changed job to get his son to training last July. Kid was struggling at the level so the coach thought it would be better if the kid played locally (past kildare town) and told the parent. Parent then attacked the coach. Kid was travelling to training by train with the mum and the dad was collecting him after.

Insane.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanMc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I seen a tallaght team draw Saturday and the manager and then a parent attack the ref. Ref was dragged into a passing car and whisked to safety by a forum member.

WOW!!

John McDonnell
    Thanks

I seen another parent who changed job to get his son to training last July. Kid was struggling at the level so the coach thought it would be better if the kid played locally (past kildare town) and told the parent. Parent then attacked the coach. Kid was travelling to training by train with the mum and the dad was collecting him after.

Insane.
    and then the clubs wonder why there isnt enough refs in the league, stories like this tell the story. I dont referee anymore but I was lucky enough in my 6 years of refereeing I never came across anything like this.

Thanks
    and then the clubs wonder why there isnt enough refs in the league, stories like this tell the story. I dont referee anymore but I was lucky enough in my 6 years of refereeing I never came across anything like this.

Ah it's mental. Other teams manager was threatened by one of his parents too.

And this was a mid season DRAW! good job they weren't playing for something at the end of a season..........

The game is far to competitive for some and that ties into the 49 km rule also imo. Parents need to realise how difficult it is to create a footballer who'll make the top level and stop making early retirement plans based on their kids ability.

Thanks
    Scrap leagues for kids...

Done

Thanks
    Scrap leagues for kids...

Done

Game I was at Saturday had no league bearing. Two mid table teams who will finish mid table.

I've seen killings at friendlies.

Banning parents would help too.

Thanks

From what I've seen over the years at schoolboy matches, this would help big time!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Slavia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Game I was at Saturday had no league bearing. Two mid table teams who will finish mid table.

I've seen killings at friendlies.

Obviously there's exceptions but it'd be a start.

Banning parents would be great but unfair on the decent ones who just want to watch their kids play

Thanks

Banning parents would be great but unfair on the decent ones who just want to watch their kids play

We don't see parents standing at the back of a class shouting at their kids to do better in maths. I know what you are saying but its very difficult when parents are shouting. Most mean well but it doesn't help.

Thanks
    We don't see parents standing at the back of a class shouting at their kids to do better in maths. I know what you are saying but its very difficult when parents are shouting. Most mean well but it doesn't help.
    As a coach I totally agree. As a parent I'd be a bit gutted if I wasn't allowed see my son play.

I think there's maybe a middleground like a parent zone or something, 50 yards from the pitch but that's probably unworkable

Thanks
    As a coach I totally agree. As a parent I'd be a bit gutted if I wasn't allowed see my son play.

I think there's maybe a middleground like a parent zone or something, 50 yards from the pitch but that's probably unworkable

In fairness When my daughter played camogie I stood on the line in silence. If I hadn't been a coach myself I'd probably have been shouting with the rest of them.

We're trying the don't cross the line with all our ssg teams soon. Hope they hand out leaflets telling the parents to stay quiet too.

Thanks
    In fairness When my daughter played camogie I stood on the line in silence. If I hadn't been a coach myself I'd probably have been shouting with the rest of them.

We're trying the don't cross the line with all our ssg teams soon. Hope they hand out leaflets telling the parents to stay quiet too.
    Yeah same here, watch my lad play gaa and don't open my mouth.

Its probably down to education. Leaflets are a great idea. Should come from the fai and be given to every kid who takes part in organised football.

Packie Lynch
    Thanks
    Yeah same here, watch my lad play gaa and don't open my mouth.

Its probably down to education. Leaflets are a great idea. Should come from the fai and be given to every kid who takes part in organised football.
    Ive watched my daughter play camogie and i don't say a word (lack of interest in the stupid sport not withstanding) but ive see parents just as bad at those games than at any ddsl games.

I was watching a game once and both managers/coaches where so far out on the pitch from either side they could have held hands in the middle.
    Never relegated

Patrons
    Thanks
    I Coach in Broadford and this season we have started a "don't cross the line" system for all SSG matches (essentially rope off the pitch for 5-10 metres the whole way round. It's had a huge impact on parents shouting at kids (including their own)- now only thing you hear (mostly) is encouragement and cheers.

I personally think FIFA/UEFA should introduce rugby style rules regarding refs (at all levels)

It works phenomenally well and is respected by all, leading to much greater respect for refs. It's a big culture shift, but could be the best thing the game ever done.

Re the 49km rule- should be 5/10km in cities. Pathetic the behaviour of some parents.

+ Reply to Thread