+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Croly

John McDonnell
    Thanks

Croly

Looks like he is gonzo...by mutual consent apparently....need a new agent in there fast..

Rumours coming from the Renters...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dinnylowry For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 616 Posts
    Got what he deserved for his antics while still a member of our coaching staff.Its funny to see him fail but they could be a different animal if Fenlon gets the job.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 814 Posts
    That was fun while it lasted, Fenlon will come in now is the only problem.
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Rovers had to cut their wage bill this season so fenlon won't be given loadsa money

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish...overs-manager/
    Confirmed. I am dissappointed we may not be able to sign Killduff now. He seems to have lost the dressing room. I personally think he is too volatile a character to be a manager. He seems to have a history of falling out with people.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donohoe'd and Dusted View Post
    Rovers had to cut their wage bill this season so fenlon won't be given loadsa money
    I'd prefer if they did give him loads of money and then went bust

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Bizzare timing. Assuming he was on borrowed time and the Limerick result was the final straw, surely getting rid of him before the window would have made more sense.

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donohoe'd and Dusted View Post
    Don't think Fenlon would take the job unless he was given loads of money, and neither do I think he'd put himself in the frame for the job if it was a case of going through an interview process alongside other candidates. Unless he has already been sounded out, I'd expect to see someone else taking over.

I think Doolin's contract with the FAI is up.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Rovers paid crolly 14k to terminate his contract

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    John Gill always did fabulous work as manager of Malahide. I think he should be given a crack at the Rovers job. 4-5 year contract

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HofnerGaz For This Useful Post:

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    He did so much for those that hate Rovers. Hopefully they chose as well the next time around.

They're looking forward to another year without European football.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Good work TC up until Friday night, you just made it TOO obvious what you were at.
    We are at war with Eurasia. We've always been at war with Eurasia.

Dave Henderson
    Thanks

Wink

Return to base agent Croly, agent Russell has been deployed elsewhere.

Thanks
    rovers running out of managers to sign up for a while love itttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    i am confused about being confused

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Have to say I'd normally feel sorry for a guy losing his job but after what he did to us in the cup final two years ago Croly gets no sympathy. You would think that's him done now in this league. To finish outside the European places two years in a row with the biggest budget in the league is really bad. He may have been a decent coach but it just seems he's not able to stay in a position for any length of time and seems to fall out with everyone he works with. I'm not sure whether I want Fenlon to get the job or not. He might win them a league or two on the way to bankrupting them.

Patrons
    Thanks
    All this talk of who has the biggest budget- I reckon the 4 big teams all have similar budgets. Everyone has 1/2 marquee big earners and lots of rumours over who is earning what. Chances are we are all spending similar.

As for Croly- he is utterly delusional if he thinks his tenure has been anything other than an abject failure. His talk of "systems" being in place is pointless, because for all their supposed "development" work, they have no entitlement to any of these young players who they poached from other teams courtesy of a "b team" offer.

The ex players coaching underage teams is a moot point and his tenure is riddled with signing his mates and using a large amount of his budget weakening others rather than strengthening his own team.

His total obsession with us was ridiculous aswell. If he finished 11th and we were 12th, he would justify it.

Total spoofer, not cut out for management.

I reckon fenlon is a shoe in, the only thing that would prevent it is if Fenlon want given what he wanted budget wise. Fenlon is a bully and Shams know he will push his budget as far/further than allowed to rt what he wants.

Patrons
    Thanks
    The only thing is, Rovers have much more resources income wise than Bohs and Shels ever did. Even if Fenlon was to spend big I doubt he would spend enough to put them in financial trouble.

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eskersaint View Post
    Have to say I'd normally feel sorry for a guy losing his job but after what he did to us in the cup final two years ago Croly gets no sympathy. You would think that's him done now in this league. To finish outside the European places two years in a row with the biggest budget in the league is really bad. He may have been a decent coach but it just seems he's not able to stay in a position for any length of time and seems to fall out with everyone he works with. I'm not sure whether I want Fenlon to get the job or not. He might win them a league or two on the way to bankrupting them.
    Takes more than incompetence to be finished in this league. If he'd been sacked a few weeks earlier he would have been in the running for the Limerick and Drogs jobs. My own memories of Croly as a player haven't been completely spoiled by his antics in the last couple of years, and I genuinely hope he goes on to prove that the problem at Rovers lies with the club itself.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oleguer presas i renom View Post
    Takes more than incompetence to be finished in this league. If he'd been sacked a few weeks earlier he would have been in the running for the Limerick and Drogs jobs. My own memories of Croly as a player haven't been completely spoiled by his antics in the last couple of years, and I genuinely hope he goes on to prove that the problem at Rovers lies with the club itself.
    Your a bigger man than me, I'll never forgive his antics over the past 18 months and wish him nothing but failure in everything he does in football

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saintly For This Useful Post:

Noel Campbell
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 440 Posts
    He'll be sitting beside Alan Cawley on Soccer Republic tonight. Sweet
    "When you sit in row Z
    And the ball hits your head
    It's O'Connor, Sean O'Connor"

Curtis Fleming
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richsaint View Post
    Return to base agent Croly, agent Russell has been deployed elsewhere.
    Mayday. Agent Kenny has gone 'rogue'.
    Bring in Agent Fenlon to bankrupt the Scum.
    End of message.

Curtis Fleming
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Templer View Post
    He'll be sitting beside Alan Cawley on Soccer Republic tonight. Sweet
    Jeez. Just watched it. How awkward was that??
    Brilliant television!
    I can just imagine the players and fans reaction to his comments.
    Any 'off-screen' banter to report, Simon?

Noel Campbell
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 440 Posts
    Wasn't around at the time alas. There were expecting a bit of banter alright
    "When you sit in row Z
    And the ball hits your head
    It's O'Connor, Sean O'Connor"

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Whatever about him trying to tap up some of our players last season, Croly was a very good full back and helped us win two leagues in a row - and three in total if you include the 2002 league. That shouldn't be forgotten. I still remember him best though for accidentally skulling a Rovers supporter in the head with the ball.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to see For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by see View Post
    Whatever about him trying to tap up some of our players last season, Croly was a very good full back and helped us win two leagues in a row - and three in total if you include the 2002 league. That shouldn't be forgotten. I still remember him best though for accidentally skulling a Rovers supporter in the head with the ball.
    I don't think that was an accident. If I remember rightly he was getting abuse from them all game. His behaviour in the last two years towards Liam and this club has been as bad as it gets and undoes everything he achieved here as a player for me. Just watched the recording of Soccer Republic and he comes across as a bit deluded. Everything was great until the last 3 weeks and they've the 4th highest budget in the league. Must be great being in his head.

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Leaving your club for their bitterest rivals in the middle of cup final preparations, especially when there is such a huge significance to the cup like with Pat's, is simply unforgivable. Whatever he did in the past is irrelevant. Sorry Trevor, you were the sweetest kid but you grew up to be an absolute cunt.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HofnerGaz For This Useful Post:

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    Fenlon appointed this morning according to Extratime.ie.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonabateSaint View Post
    Fenlon appointed this morning according to Extratime.ie.
    Scary to think of the budget he will be given/take.

Fenlon in known for bullying his way through boards of directors, causing splits between prudence and success. he will usually alienate the board of they dont give him what he wants.

On the other side, he is probably the biggest managerial draw in the league - with a budget there is no better man to use it. Shams have access to revenue (and potential revenue) most others dont and I ahve no doubt he wouldnt have gone near the position if he didnt have cast iron guarantees over his budget.

We can expect a fight for a good few of our squad to go this summer if he comes sniffing - like him or loath him- he is a winner, and a winner with a wad of cash.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolan View Post
    Scary to think of the budget he will be given/take.

Fenlon in known for bullying his way through boards of directors, causing splits between prudence and success. he will usually alienate the board of they dont give him what he wants.

On the other side, he is probably the biggest managerial draw in the league - with a budget there is no better man to use it. Shams have access to revenue (and potential revenue) most others dont and I ahve no doubt he wouldnt have gone near the position if he didnt have cast iron guarantees over his budget.

We can expect a fight for a good few of our squad to go this summer if he comes sniffing - like him or loath him- he is a winner, and a winner with a wad of cash.
    I have no doubt he'll win the league next year with them, hopefully someone from across the water comes looking for him them.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    It will be interesting to see how he does this time around. He did have a nucleus of players he built his success around at Shels and Bohs, ie. Heary, Byrne, Hawkins, Crowe etc. It's not guaranteed success if they are not giving him the cheque book the way he got it from Shels and Bohs. If they do give him the cheque book, we know how that will end up.

+ Reply to Thread