+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Sean O Connor

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Alright give it a rest... O'Connor will be back playing for Pats again (again) and we'll all be back following him on twitter and liking his statuses on Facebook! He's enjoying all of this attention...
    Not me. Cant stand him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dinnylowry For This Useful Post:

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    This one time, Sean O'Connor punched me in the face. It was awesome.

Noel Campbell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    There was a great little twitter spat between Kevin Dawson and his Rovers supporting mate a couple f months ago (just after Shels beat ROvers). Out of nowhere Shortall pops up and has his say.

Your man's response was "hold on a fucking minute, I don't mind taking stick from decent players but you're fucking shite..." then listed all the players ahead of him at Shels and finsihed with "oh yeah and xxx is banging your bird too"
    Brilliant.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 448 Posts
    Hilarious stuff from Soccy in a couple of today's papers. According to him, he told Bucko we'd need to bring in better players to compete for the League, but as Bucko at that stage had only re-signed a couple of last year's squad, and Rovers had landed Chambers and McGuinness, he decided to go to Rovers as he wants to win the League. And, of course, whatever success we had was all down to Crolly.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    Hilarious stuff from Soccy in a couple of today's papers. According to him, he told Bucko we'd need to bring in better players to compete for the League, but as Bucko at that stage had only re-signed a couple of last year's squad, and Rovers had landed Chambers and McGuinness, he decided to go to Rovers as he wants to win the League. And, of course, whatever success we had was all down to Crolly.
    seemingly he was also having a pop at the set up in the club regarding bucko and GK
    Cyril The Judas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaintsno.12 View Post
    seemingly he was also having a pop at the set up in the club regarding bucko and GK
    What an attitude he has.

Did he say anything in the papers about going for fans in the main stand and UCD?

Mad how he forgets all that.
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 740 Posts
    And all he ever says when he's getting slagged is 'It's like water off a ducks back'.

Yeah right, you react to EVERYTHING you little cunt. More like oil off a ducks back!
    19 NEVER RELEGATED 29

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Eeeehhhh.......NO.
    19 NEVER RELEGATED 29

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Palmerstown Saint For This Useful Post:

Noel Campbell
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 503 Posts
    Quote from Stephen Rice in todays Sun

Looking at the list of players already brought in, I can't wait for next season to start. The likes of Shane Robinson, James Chambers and Jason McGuinness aren't just great players, they're great lads
    Obviously he doesn't think much of O'Connor either

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevo For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Soccy is thick (see twitter), brennan is thick (see facebook chat last year) - in fact most footballs are thick.

a LOI manager once told me that footballers are easily the dumbest people he has ever come accross.

Soccy is no different to most footballers in that he is an arrogant idiot. I like to think that we have had more than our fair share of gentlemen to compensate for the soccy's/gavins/ndo's etc.

Also worth remembering that fans treat players in a way they wouldnt treat anyone else, in any other walk of life- imagine walking into Tesco and calling the woman behind the counter a "stupid fucking cunt" because she forgot to swipe your clubcard, or getting out of your car at the drivethru, hanging over the service window and shouting abuse at the fella in McDonalds because they put pickles on your burger (the cunts!!!)

Because he is a footballer who represented us we feel some sort of entitlement to loyalty, as if they cared as much as we did.

They dont, lets move on.

How many people would stay in their job if the company next door offered more money, the same job security and the "promise" of better conditions. Footballers follow the Money (obviously Soccy is a different scenario where he wanted to leave and only used our offers as a bargaining when joining rovers)

Lets not forget that any player who left this year went because we dont want them, or because someone else had to stump up more money for a player we didnt feel was worth that much.

No point getting wound up by him, he is volatile and wait and see what happens when we play Rovers through the year.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Caolan For This Useful Post:

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolan View Post
    a LOI manager once told me that footballers are easily the dumbest people he has ever come accross.
    I'm sure he himself was a footballer at one stage. By and large footballers are no more or less intelligent than the average punter. You'll find some who possess above average intelligence (see my username, Thuram, Cantona, Keane...) and others who possess less (you've picked two examples; neither are representative of players as a whole). Soccy's problem is not a lack of intelligence. It's that he's clearly a cunt.

most footballs are thick.
    Couldn't agree more. I've wasted many an evening discussing the burning issues of the day with my balls.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oleguer presas i renom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Soccy is thick (see twitter), brennan is thick (see facebook chat last year) - in fact most footballs are thick.
    You could cut through that irony with a knife.

There is only one "c" in "across"
    There is no emoticon for what I am feeling.

Thanks
    Joe's really getting good at these ;p

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SVM For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread