+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ignorant Bouncers in Nightclubs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 670 Posts

Ignorant Bouncers in Nightclubs

Anyone else sick of bouncers on power trips in Dublin? Went to Coppers with a few mates tonight, all but 2 of us didn't get in because the bouncer had "seen what trouble you've cause there before" even though I hadn't been there since September and had done nothing wrong. I asked to speak to the head bouncer and got refused permission and then manager and refused again so was forced to freeze my balls off outside a nightclub for about 3 hours for my friends because I couldn't afford a taxi by myself.

I swear to god unless you're a D4 jock with a Leinster jersey on you won't get in/
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    I agree but what in the name on jaysus were you planning to do in the nightclub if you had no money

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    You'd have walked home in the time you waited for your mates, but if only 2 of them got in maybe you should have arranged something with the others that didn't?

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    A chap I work with runs a lot of doors in town has told me that bouncers were told to become more strict. I know for a fact that kip is trying to change it's image. They've even started to refuse GAA jerseys. I

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    You'd have walked home in the time you waited for your mates, but if only 2 of them got in maybe you should have arranged something with the others that didn't?
    Everyone except for two got in.

And ye I had money on me but enough for a taxi back to Dun Loaghaire with one other person

Thanks
    Only my feet and hands were cold though, went prepared 5 Pats jerseys on a few Long sleevers aswell underneath a shirt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Robbie View Post
    Only my feet and hands were cold though, went prepared 5 Pats jerseys on a few Long sleevers aswell underneath a shirt
    and you wonder why you didnt get in
    - Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hano View Post
    and you wonder why you didnt get in
    Underneath a shirt, you couldn't see them

Peter Carpenter
    Thanks
    I asked to speak to the head bouncer and got refused permission and then manager and refused again
    i have to say,i have known the head doorman all his life,and he is one of the most pleasant individuals you will ever meet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtiessaint View Post
    i have to say,i have known the head doorman all his life,and he is one of the most pleasant individuals you will ever meet.
    Ahh not you again. Has your head got frostbite yet? ;-)

Thanks
    Anyone else sick of bouncers on power trips in Dublin? Went to Coppers with a few mates tonight, all but 2 of us didn't get in because the bouncer had "seen what trouble you've cause there before" even though I hadn't been there since September and had done nothing wrong. I asked to speak to the head bouncer and got refused permission and then manager and refused again so was forced to freeze my balls off outside a nightclub for about 3 hours for my friends because I couldn't afford a taxi by myself.

I swear to god unless you're a D4 jock with a Leinster jersey on you won't get in/
    Dont mind that bit. By law, they must give you a reason to refuse you. That is an easy out for them. I was going to McGowans (phibsboro) a few months ago, and doorman refused us cos one of the lads sneezed getting out of the taxi. Honest to God, we had 4 pints each, and the other two of us are often in it. If they dont like the look of you on the night, you are not getting in. Simple as.

Patrons
    Thanks
    A little while back I had no problem with getting in and I had a Pats jacket on.

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    Head chap is a pats supporter, no?

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 814 Posts
    A
    I get in every week tbh and im not one of them

Quote Originally Posted by thebtheithegthegthey View Post
    Head chap is a pats supporter, no?
    Don't think that guy is there anymore
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdagym View Post
    Dont mind that bit. By law, they must give you a reason to refuse you. That is an easy out for them. I was going to McGowans (phibsboro) a few months ago, and doorman refused us cos one of the lads sneezed getting out of the taxi. Honest to God, we had 4 pints each, and the other two of us are often in it. If they dont like the look of you on the night, you are not getting in. Simple as.

Its under the intoxicating liquor act Jim and afaik you are right. I had a problem a few years back with a particluar venue which I wont name but we had been in similar circumstances to yourself. We had one drink before hand and were entering the pub but the bouncer refused a girl and a lad who are some of my best friends. What we explained to the bouncer was that the reason they walk the way they do is that one has MS and the other has Cerebral Palsy and it was a birthday night out and the bouncer wouldnt listen to reason so we got the number for the bar and rang the bar and asked for the head barman. She (yep a bird ) came out and wouldnt listen . This was a few years back I have not had any trouble since in other pubs but what we did was , we went to the Equality Authority who said we could have a case but proving it would be hard so we decided not to pursue it as we could be liable for costs if we did. What your best bet to do is to get the bouncers name and lodge a complaint to the PSA with whom all doormen have to be licensed and write to the club and explain what happened , we threatened to object to their license and we got an apology of sorts . Im not a fan of Coppers myself, I dont believe in queing to get in anywhere but I know the same thing has happened to a few friends in that place.

Thanks
    I was going to McGowans (phibsboro) a few months ago, and doorman refused us cos one of the lads sneezed getting out of the taxi. Honest to God, we had 4 pints each, and the other two of us are often in it. If they dont like the look of you on the night, you are not getting in. Simple as.
    I remember going to a bar years ago with a mate and the bouncer told us we'd had too much, we'd only left our houses half an hour beforehand and were completely sober. Then a few years ago I was going to the Lower County Bar in Ballyfermot at about 6 o'clock in the evening with my 70 year old dad, a bouncer stopped us and asked where we were from and that he didn't recognise us! I asked was he for real and he said yes, at that point a barman I knew walked by and we just walked in with him. Never got people though who stand outside places after being refused, pleading with the bouncers to let them in. If ever I was refused I just said fair enough and spent my money elsewhere

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    I remember going to a bar years ago with a mate and the bouncer told us we'd had too much, we'd only left our houses half an hour beforehand and were completely sober. Then a few years ago I was going to the Lower County Bar in Ballyfermot at about 6 o'clock in the evening with my 70 year old dad, a bouncer stopped us and asked where we were from and that he didn't recognise us! I asked was he for real and he said yes, at that point a barman I knew walked by and we just walked in with him. Never got people though who stand outside places after being refused, pleading with the bouncers to let them in. If ever I was refused I just said fair enough and spent my money elsewhere
    +1 usually just puts the bastards on an even bigger power trip

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chutneybear View Post
    Its under the intoxicating liquor act Jim and afaik you are right. I had a problem a few years back with a particluar venue which I wont name but we had been in similar circumstances to yourself. We had one drink before hand and were entering the pub but the bouncer refused a girl and a lad who are some of my best friends. What we explained to the bouncer was that the reason they walk the way they do is that one has MS and the other has Cerebral Palsy and it was a birthday night out and the bouncer wouldnt listen to reason so we got the number for the bar and rang the bar and asked for the head barman. She (yep a bird ) came out and wouldnt listen . This was a few years back I have not had any trouble since in other pubs but what we did was , we went to the Equality Authority who said we could have a case but proving it would be hard so we decided not to pursue it as we could be liable for costs if we did. What your best bet to do is to get the bouncers name and lodge a complaint to the PSA with whom all doormen have to be licensed and write to the club and explain what happened , we threatened to object to their license and we got an apology of sorts . Im not a fan of Coppers myself, I dont believe in queing to get in anywhere but I know the same thing has happened to a few friends in that place.
    Eh, I am right. I should know, I was a barman long enough.

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    I hate bouncers over here.I was in New York recently and it seems the only reasons bouncers over there refuse anyone from pubs or clubs is because they have no ID.Thats all!!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo View Post
    I hate bouncers over here.I was in New York recently and it seems the only reasons bouncers over there refuse anyone from pubs or clubs is because they have no ID.Thats all!!
    Depends where you go. loads of places in new York are far, far, far stricter than anything here

All bouncers are twats. Not much that can be done.

Thanks
    Had absolutely no problems in New York whatsoever, and was in a lot of bars there. As Willo said, the only thing I saw them stopping people for was ID, and once they had that they were allowed in straight away

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    As I said depends on where you went.

Bars are far easier than clubs (as everywhere else)

Banned
    Thanks
    Eh, I am right. I should know, I was a barman long enough.
    All hail Jim!

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Is there anything worse than being 17??

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patlovespats View Post
    Is there anything worse than being 17??
    Been shot/stabbed/raped/murdered??

Loadsa decent fake id sites on web for 15-20 euro

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by red-army View Post