+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Bonds, Bail Outs, ECB, IMF. Bank Crisis, Job Losses

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danthesaint View Post
    will this current shower of fuckwits get to spend any of the 85billion between now and the general election?
    Kinda irrelevant. The opposition know there's not a lot can be done. It's there job to poo poo it. My buddy Joan Burton was asked on RTE the other night would she reverse the minimum wage change. She backtracked quicker than a knacker who took the wrong turn and ended up in the showers!
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    On question of the senior bondholder debt, Mr Lenihan said: “Our European partners, the European Commission and the European Central Bank all made it quite clear to us that no programme money would be available if we went down that road because it would cost such spill-over effect throughout the euro zone.”

He said no country had defaulted on senior dent throughout this crisis and “there was no appetite for creating a precedent for this Ireland”.

Mr Lenihan said the Government intended to negotiate "big haircuts" on banks' junior bondholders.
    Presuming he's telling the truth which granted is a big presumption looks like we could be clawing some of this back.
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post
    Corporation tax not being touched. I think this is huge. If it was upped it could have spelt disaster. A good chunk of the money coming from our own pension fund. Id imagine we used this as a bargaining tool. having looked through it we seem to have done better then many of us thought
    CT tax rate won't be touched immediately. Any companies with "revenue" operations based over here i.e. 20 people in an office doing sfa as 20bn in profit is passed through will be hit. The French and Germans aren't happy that they're losing profits to Ireland. (In effect it's stealing on our part), anyway, that element of CT using transfer pricing will be abolished in the medium term in my opinion.

E.U knows if they up our CT rate across the board we have no chance of paying back debt. It won't happen in my opinion. Just as a matter of interest have many people here transferred savings if any to other banks covered by non-irish guarantees?

Pat Kelch
    Thanks

Thanks
    Ireland's credit rating has been downgraded now to the same level of Libya.

I have no words.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Brian Cowan has announced that the Irish national emblem will change from a celtic harp to a condom. This, he feels, more accurately reflects government policy. A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks and gives a sense of security while you're actually being screwed...

Thanks
    Must be Friday , as it happens The Vatican wont have a problem with that either.

The land of saints n scholars, to be sure to be sure.
    Last edited by Red125; 10th December 2010 at 12:17 PM.

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    .............Wong thread, bleedin dzope...............

Thanks
    Thanked 1,765 Times in 666 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koY6kXhQDQo

So funny, dead right though
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

+ Reply to Thread