+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs members meeting last night

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathfarnham_Saint View Post
    This is from just above that picture on the website
    Also, an incredible, not to be missed "Ultimate Bohs Prize" draw. This is a €20 a ticket draw with the following amazing prize. (This draw is subject to minimum ticket sales)

- 2011 Season Ticket
    - 2011 Player Sponsor

They must be planning to be still going next year so
    WATRA

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    28 Peter hatrick scoring cunt Swan moustache
    is he anything to derek swan

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Peter is Derek's tache. Try keep up

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Planty View Post
    This is from just above that picture on the website
    Also, an incredible, not to be missed "Ultimate Bohs Prize" draw. This is a €20 a ticket draw with the following amazing prize. (This draw is subject to minimum ticket sales)

- 2011 Season Ticket
    - 2011 Player Sponsor

They must be planning to be still going next year so
    I'd imagine thats the idea behind all of this ?
    Cyril The Judas

Thanks
    when is the deadline for bohs to pay the 300 grand?

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pats4life View Post
    when is the deadline for bohs to pay the 300 grand?
    End of the month.

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Bohemians have confirmed they have made a payment to the Revenue Commissioners and are in negotiations on a new schedule of further payments.

The Gypsies have also revealed they are still in talks with their players over outstanding contracts in a bid to reach a pay-off deal with their top earners.

Bohs are continuing an appeal to supporters to lend money to the club that will be repaid on the sale of Dalymount Park as the club tackle their huge debts.

Bohemians need to raise €300,000 through the public appeal to be certain of securing a license to play in the Airtricity League next season.

Thanks
    In the Indo today saying they needed to raise €105k to pay off revenue, and they were making inroads.
    As if that was their only worry.

One question stumps me though.
    If they were not paying the revenue, and they were not paying the FAI, and they were not paying the players, then were the fuck has all the money gone?

Packie Lynch
    Thanks
    the money was never there ..

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdagym View Post
    In the Indo today saying they needed to raise €105k to pay off revenue, and they were making inroads.

If they were not paying the revenue, and they were not paying the FAI, and they were not paying the players, then were the fuck has all the money gone?
    That is worrying though. If they come to a payment schedule arrangement with the revenue, that could be enough to satisfy the licencing criteria and they could still manage to keep their place in europe. Given we kept to the licencing rules and they are bust, we should get europe. I think there have been rumours that some of their squad were officially employed as club barmen to get around the salary cap protocol. Hence they got around the rules. I hope that they don't go out of business but in saying that if they don't come up with the rest of the cash they should be relegated and there should be no Cork City/Bray Wanderers type scenario where the promoted team get 24 hours notice.

Administrator
    Thanks
    The players wages are a barrier to licensing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdagym View Post

what money, they budgetted on winning the league and getting to the next round in europe.

would be funny, if you know any bohs fans, buy them monopoly for xmas, just to see the expression on their fan haha
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

Thanks
    Ah I know dan, but they still have weekly gates, tv money, setanta and fai cup money, plus league and euro prize money. All totalled, that's a lot of money coming in, and it appears they have paid fuck all out since the summer.

Thanks

Thanks
    Can't believe they're gonna get away with this
    Negativity is the new Positivity.

Thanks
    Maybe this is what biffo wants the 80€ billion for...

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Can't believe they're gonna get away with this
    still dont think they will where they gonna get money to pay players next week and the week after that also they have to prove they have money for next season which they dont. 1st division is there aim i was told today

Patrons
    Thanks
    We hear conflicting stories of when licencing deadline actually is- GUFC trust said mid December, Bohs saying end of November.

Bohs still need 200k- though fair balls raising the initial 100k

Keep in mind players may have got 1 weeks pay- but they are still short 3 weeks and are due another months pay next week.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolan View Post
    We hear conflicting stories of when licencing deadline actually is- GUFC trust said mid December, Bohs saying end of November.

Bohs still need 200k- though fair balls raising the initial 100k

Keep in mind players may have got 1 weeks pay- but they are still short 3 weeks and are due another months pay next week.
    Was going to ask when the deadline was, last year was 30th November though that could've been the date when the accounts were due in by

Administrator
    Thanks
    Think accounts are due in by November 30th, but decisions are made mid December

COuld be wrong

Thanks
    I assume Bohs will make promises/deals with the players that are owed and they'll get away with it...

Is it just the players that are left to be payed? Is Revenue sorted now?
    Last edited by Doom; 23rd November 2010 at 05:00 PM.
    Negativity is the new Positivity.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    I assume Bohs will make promises/deals with the players that are owed and they'll get away with it...

Is it just the players that are left to be payed? Is Revenue sorted now?
    Revenue have reportedly been paid, though from what I understand it was one month's PAYE/PRSI bill that was outstanding. I know times are hard but it still seems strange that Revenue would play hard ball over one late payment.

Thanks
    Players are gonna play hard ball on this one. I know one player has a deal lined up to sign for a championship side, a signing date agreed and all and bohs told him he can't go. he's fuming
    on a side note, jay byrne has taken over as coach of fettercairn. Maybe he'll just be looking for a part time playing gig now

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesaint View Post
    Revenue have reportedly been paid, though from what I understand it was one month's PAYE/PRSI bill that was outstanding. I know times are hard but it still seems strange that Revenue would play hard ball over one late payment.
    Revenue were owed circa 100k

they were paid in and around €40k and they have entered negotiations with the Revenue for an agreement to pay teh remainder- I dont htink this would be a problem as the Revenue wont shut you down once your working with them and genuinly making an attempt to repay.

It would not be in the revenues interest to play hardball and shut them down- so they will more likely agree a payment plan.

the players have no reason to agree to any wage deferral or payment plan and I reckon this could be th eone that stumps them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Revenue can/could have closed them down. The club licensing is a different ball game all together.
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Revenue can/could have closed them down. The club licensing is a different ball game all together.

Is it though? It was only a couple weeks before the season started that cork went- and they were liquidated- even though there were winding up orders and players weren't paid the cork thong dragged out until February if I remember correct.

Depends who you are how the fai deal with you-

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolan View Post
    the cork thong dragged out until February
    That sounds uncomfortable. Who says FAI doesn't have hard sanctions. Bohs are in serious danger of getting a wedgie from Delaney.

Thanks
    Probably the best place for this..........

LEAGUE of Ireland professionals will join the lengthy dole queues this winter, with the golden era of earning big money at home already a fading memory.

As a nation reflects on a decade of exuberant spending, the domestic football market stands as an appropriate case study.

A few short years ago, clubs drove wages up in a period where one-upmanship took priority over fiscal prudence. Players thrived as clubs fell over themselves to add zeroes to their pay packets. The top earners took home in excess of €3,000 a week, more than they would have commanded at top-flight clubs in Scotland and in the lower divisions in England.

Performers

Even the lesser performers were securing deals worth close to six figures. Joe Gamble was offered a contract in the region of €250,000 a year by St Patrick's Athletic, who dished out over €3,500 every seven days to Gary Dempsey.

Now, Gamble plies his trade with Hartlepool, forced to move abroad to stay in the profession. Dempsey is unemployed and will travel with a squad of 16 players all in the same predicament to Norway in January to take on out-of-work pros from Finland, Sweden and the host nation in a blitz designed to find clubs for the protagonists.

The PFAI were invited to draw a team from their membership and have appointed former St Pat's and Shamrock Rovers striker Liam Kelly as manager.

"We've come under a small amount of criticism for exporting some of our best young players outside the country," admitted PFAI chief Stephen McGuinness, who has written to the FAI seeking help with funding the preparations for the trip.

"But our job is to give a service to our members, and if that service means working under the umbrella of FIFPRO (the global players' union who are staging the event) to try and find employment for them, then so be it."

What is available for the players at home? Not very much.

McGuinness feels that proper professional football here is dead, because the only clubs offering full-time training are offering 40-week contracts.

In other words, players have to sign on for social welfare until January. Sligo Rovers 'keeper Ciaran Kelly was blunt enough about his reality in the wake of his club's historic cup final win. "We're all unemployed now," he said. They have to look elsewhere for money over the winter. "The professional player is being offered between €500 and €700 gross over 40 weeks," continued McGuinness.

"That's the word. We all know there were players in this league a couple of years ago earning €3,500 a week and a lot of players earning six figures. I would say the top earner in this league next year wouldn't be earning more than €50,000."

Conor Powell, who is expected to make the trip to Oslo, has signed on to collect the dole. The highly-rated left-back parted company with Bohemians after his contract expired. He is a talented performer who should be okay in the long run but, realistically, he knows that emigration will be necessary to stay in the game full-time.

Powell went straight onto pro terms with Bohs after he completed his Leaving Cert, an avenue that is no longer available for the teenagers of today.

The late developer entered the game at a time when it seemed feasible for an individual to spend their entire career at home making a good living from football. Now, while the next generation will have to look for another day job, Powell -- with no qualifications -- is in limbo.

"It's hard to get a contract here at the minute," he said. "So you're looking at the bigger picture. I haven't any ties here really, so to go further afield wouldn't be a problem." In all, 81 players have expressed an interest in the Scandinavian trip, and they will begin training at the AUL from December 1.

Kelly aims to bring youngsters with profiles like Powell as they are more likely to be willing to move house and home.

The trip isn't a jolly-up; it's about survival. McGuinness would like to stage a similar event in Dublin in the future, with the MLS and even the Russian league expressing interest at the recent FIFPRO congress.

"When the season finishes is when the player is most vulnerable," he said. "How long can they go without getting paid?" They'd prefer not to know the answer to that question.

Thanks
    apparently bohs don't have to have anything regarding license finalised until february so they can drag out the player negotiations until then.

Not as confident about getting europe now

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post

Not as confident about getting europe now

Brian Cowan just said that on RTE LOL.

+ Reply to Thread