+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs members meeting last night

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    We finished 5th. 3 good players more attractive ties could have paid for would have seen us higher imo.
    More attractive ties against who Alan?? Derry Cork Shels?? If they were there they would have had good players as well so we probably wouldn't have finished 5th
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathfarnham_Saint View Post
    More attractive ties against who Alan?? Derry Cork Shels?? If they were there they would have had good players as well so we probably wouldn't have finished 5th
    Yeah we may have finished first or second! No seriously but we all surely must agree shels and bohs = bigger gates and more funds to buy players.

By the way shels were whipping boys in the league before Ollie's creative accounting. No reason to believe they would be any different now. Always had a gate when they came but.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    We finished 5th. 3 good players more attractive ties could have paid for would have seen us higher imo.
    If Bohs go down, and Fingal's budget is cut to the levels some think it'll be. we'll be the 2nd most attractive option in Dublin next year.

Your logic is that 2 gates a year is better for us financially, but we'll have far less to compete with so we won't need as much money to compete.

Administrator
    Thanks
    No seriously but we all surely must agree shels and bohs = bigger gates and more funds to buy players.
    yes, but if they're not in the league we don't need as much to pay for the same players as they can't compete with us

Thanks
    I know we all have different views on this but I'd much rather beat bohs 3-1 in front of 2000 than beat bray 3-1 in front of 700. Play them shite clubs every week and gates will diminish further. Cant beat a proper derby imo.

Thanks
    Lads.. I think a good aul debate is in order.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I know we all have different views on this but I'd much rather beat bohs 3-1 in front of 2000 than beat bray 3-1 in front of 700. Play them shite clubs every week and gates will diminish further.
    New rivals will emerge. Derry adn Cork quickly established themselves. No reason to think others can't do the same.

Banned
    Thanks
    I was talking to a few of the lads, Im definitley going on the next trip if there is one! Do we all fly via Copenhagen everyone

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chutneybear View Post
    I was talking to a few of the lads, Im definitley going on the next trip if there is one! Do we all fly via Copenhagen everyone
    Unless we draw Copenhagen, then it's via frankfurt

Thanks
    if bohs don't get 300 grand by next week are they fucked and do we get europe?

Thanks
    I hate Derry almost but not as much as I hate Bohs, Rovers etc..
    WE ARE THE RED ARMY

★★★

Thanks
    Was thinking that Bohs going down and us getting Europe was all great, but then looking at the bigger picture, with the way the economy is right now, is the league sustainable atall? Asking myself how long is this going to last right now..
    One love *** One club

Administrator
    Thanks
    Drama queen stuff

The league's sustainable as long as people spend what they have. its that fucking simple. its not like the league just arrived in the last 15 years

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tom the gom View Post
    Was thinking that Bohs going down and us getting Europe was all great, but then looking at the bigger picture, with the way the economy is right now, is the league sustainable atall? Asking myself how long is this going to last right now..
    The market will dictate wages Tom. if nobody has money the cant pay silly wages. It's not as if the players can go abroad en mass. Standards may drop for a while at the top clubs (id argue this has been the worst season in years when you look at how bad rovers were). Bohs Pats or Drogs of 3 years ago would have walked this league imo.

Thanks
    How is it drama queen stuff? Maybe misconstrued what I meant by "lasting" is how many more clubs are going to buckle, we've already seen the loss of a few clubs, Bohs looking like the next ones to go, and possibly Fingal to follow suit. Has any club made a profit this season? Who is covering these operating costs and are they going to continue to do so?

Bad management and financing is ruining this league, but is it really drama queen stuff to worry about its future?
    One love *** One club

Administrator
    Thanks
    Yes. Clubs lose money all the time. The difference is usally made up by supporters or directors

As i said, all clubs have to do is limit their spending to what they bring in. if they do, they'll survive forever.

The league's been going since the frmation of the state. It has survived losing clubs in the past, and will survive losing clubs in the future.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tom the gom View Post
    How is it drama queen stuff? Maybe misconstrued what I meant by "lasting" is how many more clubs are going to buckle, we've already seen the loss of a few clubs, Bohs looking like the next ones to go, and possibly Fingal to follow suit. Has any club made a profit this season? Who is covering these operating costs and are they going to continue to do so?

Bad management and financing is ruining this league, but is it really drama queen stuff to worry about its future?

Most of the stuff we are seeing over the last few years is clubs not realising the FAI are playing hard ball and the old ways are dead. The type of stuff shels and Bohs got involved in would have NEVER seen them relegated under the old system. They would have just rumbled on regardless. We are still at the breaking eggs to make the omelette stage on this.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Most of the stuff we are seeing over the last few years is clubs not realising the FAI are playing hard ball and the old ways are dead. The type of stuff shels and Bohs got involved in would have NEVER seen them relegated under the old system. They would have just rumbled on regardless. We are still at the breaking eggs to make the omelette stage on this.
    Although this is true I still believe the FAI let clubs away with too much, Bohs should have got nowhere near the trouble they are in and IMO they have themselves and the FAI to blame

Thanks
    Although this is true I still believe the FAI let clubs away with too much, Bohs should have got nowhere near the trouble they are in and IMO they have themselves and the FAI to blame
    The FAI run the league they don't run the clubs. We cant have a nanny FA. All they can do is draw up the rules and come down on those who break them. Bohs have manipulated the rules. The FAI have dealt very strongly with every team that's come a cropper so bohs know exactly whats coming.

Just look at the amount of clubs in England and Italy playing chicken in the traffic. Its the nature of football tbh.
    Last edited by AlanMc; 16th November 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Patrons
    Thanks
    The FAI run the league they don't run the clubs. We cant have a nanny FA. All they can do is draw up the rules and come down on those who break them. Bohs have manipulated the rules. The FAI have deal very strongly with every team that's come a cropper so bohs know exactly whats coming.

Just look at the amount of clubs in England and Italy playing chicken in the traffic. Its the nature of football tbh.
    Yeah but they give the clubs licenses, How could they possible give Bohs a license last season and they end up in the trouble they are less than a year later

Thanks
    Yeah but they give the clubs licenses, How could they possible give Bohs a license last season and they end up in the trouble they are less than a year later
    They obviously met the criteria. If they didn't they would not have got the licence.

Patrons
    Thanks
    They obviously met the criteria. If they didn't they would not have got the licence.
    Sorry Alan but I just don't see how that is possible

It very well could be but I just can't imagine it

Administrator
    Thanks
    Bohs could easily get under the salary cap. It only factors in wages and income. It doesn't even consider that clubs have other outgoings.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts

But doesn't the criteria have to actually prove they have the money to honor all their contracts? Without relying on winning things? The FAI approved their budget based on money they clearly didn't have

Thanks
    Sorry Alan but I just don't see how that is possible

It very well could be but I just can't imagine it
    Do you think they are stupid enough to leave themselves wide open to accusations of favouritism or worse court cases? Regardless of what the papers print these guys aint dumb. Dodge knows lots more than me about the process so he may contribute here but there's legal teams look over this stuff. Apparently the amount of work that goes into an application is massive.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    But doesn't the criteria have to actually prove they have the money to honor all their contracts? Without relying on winning things? The FAI approved their budget based on money they clearly didn't have
    All teh applications are based on projected income.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    All teh applications are based on projected income.

So the FAI allow clubs to base their budgets on winning league, cups and European progression?

I have no idea how the licensing works so just find it strange how the FAI will allow clkubs to guess how much they might make, and get a license based on this

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    So the FAI allow clubs to base their budgets on winning league, cups and European progression?

I have no idea how the licensing works so just find it strange how the FAI will allow clkubs to guess how much they might make, and get a license based on this
    Don't get me wrong Slavia I'm no expert on it but I reckon if the rules state they can, they can.

For some reason I always seem to be an FAI apologist on here but I have to say they are very good to me in my gig at our club. I have constant access to premiership level qualified football people if I need it so I'm probably a little blinkered.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Think Bohs tried to factor in winnings but FAI rejected budget projections and they had to re submit without such projections. Maybe Dodge can clarify this. Vaguely remener something about it around license time
    WWS - Remembered Always

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    the fai allowed then to use the prize money from finishing last in the league in their projections. Bohs wanted to use the money from finishing top..laughable really

+ Reply to Thread