+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs members meeting last night

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    So, their players now all paid up, and it seems they'll have Premier Division and European football next season. Tragic

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    So, their players now all paid up, and it seems they'll have Premier Division and European football next season. Tragic
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Gypo c*nts.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Did this actually happen yeah?

Patrons
    Thanks
    joke of a league makes ya think why bother? fai are a joke

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antomorro View Post
    Did this actually happen yeah?

To be honest, i dunno, I'm assuming Though I think it's in the media today that their players have been paid, and the FAI helpwed with this, giving a loan on future prize money, which I'm assuming means they've already decided what their division will be and about European license. Plus on GypoWeb they seem to think they'll have Prem license and are planning for how much the 1st round of Europa League will get them.

Hopefully I'm wrong

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjoey View Post
    joke of a league makes ya think why bother?

Because of the Saints. If it wasn't for this club being like a drug to me I'd have given up on the league a long time ago
    Last edited by Slavia; 25th January 2011 at 01:58 PM.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    To be honest, i dunno, I'm assuming Though I think it's in the media today that their players have been paid, and the FAI helpwed with this, giving a loan on future prize money, which I'm assuming means they've already decided what their division will be and about European license. Plus on GypoWeb they seem to think they'll have Prem license and are planning for how much the 1st round of Europa League will get them.

Hopefully I'm wrong
    FAI and Bohs. Shower of cnuts.

I hope your wrong too!

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 546 Posts
    Because of the Saints. If it wasn't for this club being like a drug to me I'd have given up on the league a long time ago
    In a nutshell.

I'd say fair dues to their fans who've loaned them money or broke their balls to raise funds, but if the FAI have bailed them out it's a disgrace - how can they give them an advance on next season's prize money. Leaving aside the huge implications this has for any club finding themselves in trouble in the future (and that's a case of when, not if) nobody knows where any team will finish in the league next season.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-2509012.html

Patrons
    Thanks
    Shower North Inner City Pricks. If Bohs get a European/Premier Licence as a result of an advancement of FAI prize money, a boycott of Dalymount Park should be orgainised by fans of all clubs to let the FAI/Bohs know how people feel and also to hit Bohs where it hurts most in the pocket.

Thanks
    If the advance of fai money is true I'd love to hear the reason they'll come out with for giving them a premier license

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesaint View Post
    If the advance of fai money is true I'd love to hear the reason they'll come out with for giving them a premier license
    they will just say nothing on it at all me thinks

Ricky O'Flaherty Rathcoolesaint's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't know a lot of this type of speculation was going on last year with Cork City and the FAI eventually did the right thing (IMO), I think there will be a sting in the FAI tail with this loan.
    Remember as said above Bohes still have an asset and I'm sure the FAI have that written into it somewhere.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjoey View Post
    they will just say nothing on it at all me thinks
    agreed. If they dont come out with anything, they dont have to discuss it
    Cyril The Judas

Packie Lynch
    Thanks
    fai are an absolute joke

Colm Foley
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiner View Post
    Shower North Inner City Pricks. If Bohs get a European/Premier Licence as a result of an advancement of FAI prize money, a boycott of Dalymount Park should be orgainised by fans of all clubs to let the FAI/Bohs know how people feel and also to hit Bohs where it hurts most in the pocket.
    Please dont do that for our games

Patrons
    Thanks
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...n-2512710.html

Who has teo years to run on their contract, that's a disgrace that these contracts were still given out.

By Daniel McDonnell

Thursday January 27 2011

DISCUSSIONS are continuing between Bohemians and representatives of the contracted players they need to remove from their wage bill, with formal agreement yet to be reached.

There was confidence earlier in the week that the Gypsies would agree severance packages with the players in question, thus avoiding a court visit on February 8, with two of that number, Brian Shelley and Steven Gray, pursuing a winding-up order on the basis that the club is unable to meet its debts.

Input from the FAI, who were prepared to financially assist by withholding future prize money to the Dalymount Park club, had brought the parties closer together.

There was speculation yesterday that there had been another breakdown in talks, but negotiations were continuing last night. Bohs had originally intended to release a statement on Monday but, as yet, the club are in no position to do so with the formalities of arranging the terms and dates of payment proving problematic.

The Dublin club need to remove the contracted players from the wage bill if they are to function in 2011, and pass licensing criteria next month.

The players, who are over two months without wages, want a portion of their contract honoured, and the situation is complicated by the fact that some wish to stay. Another individual has two years left on his deal, and would therefore be entitled to seek a larger package.

Bohs boss Pat Fenlon has started pre-season preparations with some of the players involved, and a collection of youngsters. Also in training with the Gypsies is former Manchester United youth Christy Fagan, who spent time at Glenn Hoddle's academy in Spain and was most recently on the books of Lincoln.

- Daniel McDonnell
    Irish Independent
    QUOTE]Daily Mirror wrote:
    BOHEMIANS claim the player pay dispute is close to being resolved - but isn't quite there yet.
    A deal has been agreed behind the scenes to pay the under contract players their overdue wages.

But Gypsies officials say there are still certain legal issues to iron out before it can be signed off.

It was hoped both sides in the stand-off would wash their hands of the matter once and for all yesterday.

"It's looking good, but there are a couple of important issues that still need to be tidied up," said a Bohs board member last night.

"Therefore we are not yet in a position to confirm that the issue is fully resolved."

The PFAI, who are representing the Bohs players, could not be contacted for comment last night.

The threat of a High Court winding up order against Bohs will be lifted once Brian Shelley, above, and Steven Gray receive their wages.

And the rest of the Bohs players are expected to get their payoffs on February 16, once club licences have been handed out.

But Bohs have still to reach agreement on deals with two players and this is believed to be holding up the process.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Thats the bit that got my attention too. Is this Bohs blackmailing the FAI?

robbo
    that christy fagans a good player if he keeps his head right will hav a future in this league ...good build and knows wer the net is........

Patrons
    Thanks

Colm Foley
    Thanks
    Thats the bit that got my attention too. Is this Bohs blackmailing the FAI?
    Its a disgrace if they get a licence before they pay back the players. Surely owing money to players is a breach of the licence requirment. Whats the betting that Bohs have been promised a Premier licence and the prize money for finishing last to pay off the players.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Delaney in drogheda tonight- surely they will get the same deal as bohs.......surely????

Then Galway will get surely the same support as bohs.....

Anyway- daniel o donnelly has tweeter that the bohs deal could be on the rocks as delaney isn't happy with bohs- chances are it will be pulled out.

My guess is that bohs 'deal' that will see players paid only after bohs are given a licence in mid February, practically black mailing them

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    Whatever about Galway and Drogs, Bohs have really taken the piss. It just shows how much they've learned in the last few months that they are now blackmailing the FAI. Hopefully you're right and Delaney is telling them to fuck off. It's sad to see any club go under, but they have to learn something from this and it doesn't look like it.

Patrons
    Thanks
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...288457145.html

Interesting bit about Drogs after Gavin says financial assistance for clubs is out of the question.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4831

Looks like things are sorted

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    The other players haven't been paid whats their owed, nor have they agreed anything with Bohs

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    I'd imagine they would just fall in behind what shelley and grey got. Just guessing

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    If Bohs have the money to pay them off....

I'm sure it'll all be sorted though

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    strong rumour doing the rounds that Fenlon is to be gone by tonight and Roddy is to get the job

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ringo View Post
    strong rumour doing the rounds that Fenlon is to be gone by tonight and Roddy is to get the job
    I'll believe when I see it. Bohs will hardly go near Roddy again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonabateSaint View Post
    I'll believe when I see it. Bohs will hardly go near Roddy again.

Their fans want him

+ Reply to Thread