+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs members meeting last night

arbour
    Quote Originally Posted by turnstyler View Post
    hano tours anyone, seriously whats the chances of us back in europe >>>> 50/50?????
    I dont like jumping to conclusions but i reckon its more 75% chance that we will be in Europe. But i bet the Fai will let them keep the 85,000 that Bohs owe them or international tickets and also give them prize money. if this happens then other clubs should kick up

Thanks
    I hope bohs don't go bust because thats the last thing this league needs at the moment but i do hope they go down to the first division and get themselves sorted out plus we get europe.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 551 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pats4life View Post
    I hope bohs don't go bust because thats the last thing this league needs at the moment but i do hope they go down to the first division and get themselves sorted out plus we get europe.
    agree with this

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pats4life View Post
    also agree with this

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop Hater View Post
    agree with this
    Quote Originally Posted by saints alive ? View Post
    also agree with this
    great stuff but add something else to your post, could get nasty looking if everyone who agreed with it typed it
    - Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hano View Post
    great stuff but add something else to your post, could get nasty looking if everyone who agreed with it typed it
    I agree with this, Smiley face inserted here >HERE<

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by red-army View Post
    I agree with this, Smiley face inserted here >HERE<
    Quick off the mark there

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hano View Post
    Sort out the thanks option and add in the Dislike this post option too.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by turnstyler View Post
    hano tours anyone, seriously whats the chances of us back in europe >>>> 50/50?????
    Depends how strictly the rules are enforced- bohs kept below the 65% rule last year by getting 800k from Albion just before year end even though licensing has 30th nov as year end.

If they manage to mortgage off a plot of land in the next few weeks, they could hang on- though it's unlikely th revenue will back off(because bohs have assets) and th FAI won't hand over the league prize money because examinership will mean they will lose their money.

If fai follow the rules we're 90% in Europe, if bohs are given more time & let off the hook it's less
    likely.
    Ironic thing is that it's likely bohs will be forced by an examiner to sell dalier so they could end up renting tolka from Shels!

Thanks
    Fold me now , were shite , we've got no money :P is that the song that'll get played at HT when there in the 1st Division . They like Johnny Logan in those parts . Hope we get into europe . Wouldnt like to see them goin bust , just a Shel's job is all
    WATRA

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    Could this mean we become the only club to be ever-present in the Premier Division? We'll have to get a shiny new Never Relegated banner!!!

Thanks
    Did'nt they have to pay 50 grand by tonight.

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    I see Bohs having to sell of Dalymount to a speculator at a knock down price just to stay in existence. The have nobody but themselves to blame.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 616 Posts
    I see Bohs having to sell of Dalymount to a speculator at a knock down price just to stay in existence. The have nobody but themselves to blame.
    I would imagine its more likely that fairies complete a takeover at Bohs than they sell Dalymount for any decent price in the current financial climate I still think some people aren't grasping the sheer financial black hole the country is in at the minute.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D.24saint View Post
    I would imagine its more likely that fairies complete a takeover at Bohs than they sell Dalymount for any decent price in the current financial climate I still think some people aren't grasping the sheer financial black hole the country is in at the minute.
    was talking to a bohs lad he reckons they are fucked and will lose the ground
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Planty View Post
    Fold me now , were shite , we've got no money
    I like that one, if Bohs stay in the premier that is definitely a song to sing to them next season. I hope Bohs don't go out of business but I hope we get into Europe.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Lads I know I'm always prattling on about teams not being relegated or shels coming back up etc but put it this way.

Bohs and shels v Bray and mons.

Each bohs or shels game would boost our attendence by 1000 as opposed to Bray and mons.

1000x15 is E15,000. Now multiply that by 4 (2 home games from each club). That's 60 grand lads. 3 super players on part time contracts.

Honestly can't see how them being down benefits Pats. Slap transfer bans, let them start -15 points for three seasons, whatever but we are not even getting the chance to hammer them at this stage.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Lads I know I'm always prattling on about teams not being relegated or shels coming back up etc but put it this way.

Each bohs or shels game would boost our attendence by 1000 as opposed to Bray and mons.

1000x15 is E15,000. Now multiply that by 4 (2 home games from each club). That's 60 grand lads. 3 super players on part time contracts.

Honestly can't see how them being down benefits Pats. Slap transfer bans, let them start -15 points for three seasons, whatever but we are not even getting the chance to hammer them at this stage.
    Exactly ive always said it, people saying to me "id love Rovers to go bust aswell"

Bohs going bust is not doing anything for the league, I hope they survive and just have a shite team next season

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Yeah I agree to an extent. Although we'd get europe which would soften the financial blow. Also we'll have one less team challenging next season but I do agree with you

The premier division really needs its strongest teams in it to thrive.

Patrons
    Thanks
    they will be all back up next season anyway least this season we would get europe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post

The premier division really needs its strongest teams in it to thrive.
    I'd take it a step further saintly. Pats need the strongest teams up to thrive.

With Derry back we could still be down three traditional big gates. Cork, Shels, and Bohs.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    True but were in the same boat as most others so its no major disadvantage. The change to a 12/16 team league will do nothing to help attendances. Less dublin derbies means less gates.

All ireland league I'd the only hope imo. I know your views on that btw alan so not starting a row

Packie Lynch
    Thanks
    anyone else think bhos will get away with this again?

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 814 Posts

They start on -15 they would just get relegated that season so why not just relegate them and let them sort themselves out??
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathfarnham_Saint View Post
    They start on -15 they would just get relegated that season so why not just relegate them and let them sort themselves out??
    I was only throwing that in as one alternative. -5 or 10 or a transfer embargo whatever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post
    True but were in the same boat as most others so its no major disadvantage.
    It boosts our financial position. Also gives us good nights in richer. Playing in Europe we'd be stronger too due to more cash to lavish on players.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 814 Posts
    I was only throwing that in as one alternative. -5 or 10 or a transfer embargo whatever.
    Thats basically letting them away with ridiculous overspending/cheating for the last few years, Relegate them sort themselves out, themselves Cork and Shels will be back up soon to give us good gates and hopefully we will have some silverware to show off aswell
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathfarnham_Saint View Post
    Thats basically letting them away with ridiculous overspending/cheating for the last few years,
    Hows it letting them away with it? Relegating them hurts us also. In the pocket.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Hows it letting them away with it? Relegating them hurts us also. In the pocket.
    We'll make up for their gates in prize money

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    We'll make up for their gates in prize money
    We finished 5th. 3 good players more attractive ties could have paid for would have seen us higher imo.

+ Reply to Thread