Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Not true, my friend.
    were not your friends...
    WE ARE THE RED ARMY

★★★

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,267 Times in 544 Posts
    Anybody see Fenlon's comments over the weekend?

"I don't know what scenario is going to unfold. There is a possibility the club won't be around in the new year. That's the worst case scenario. The best case scenario is that we are around with limited resources, just plodding around, be it in the lower reaches of the Premier Division or whatever. It does not make pleasant reading at the moment. We cannot go back to supporters and members looking for money as it's only a short-term answer. I don't think it is going to make a huge difference as the money raised last year is not going to solve the problem now."

EGM being held on November 10 to discuss the future of Dalymount.

Thanks
    Ah Bohs... They always make the offseason entertaining..
    Negativity is the new Positivity.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    Heard they're applied just for 1st Division license

Thanks
    Makes sense really... I'd imagine it would help cut some costs for a couple of seasons... Don't see how they could be a premier division club next year...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Makes sense really... I'd imagine it would help cut some costs for a couple of seasons... Don't see how they could be a premier division club next year...

The thing is where they will play though. Some saying Morton. Have no idea of all the situation though tbh, and what I heard was from a Sham fan so might not be greatest source

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    The thing is where they will play though. Some saying Morton. Have no idea of all the situation though tbh, and what I heard was from a Sham fan so might not be greatest source
    Morton or Tolka would be the closest I suppose... Dunno what the story with Tolka is though... are Shels still there for the time being?

Patrons
    Thanks
    There are too many teams in Dublin as it is a Shels-Bohs merger would make most sense but fans of both clubs would probably be against it.
    There will be talk of losing the clubs identity as there was when a possible ground share/merger with rovers was discussed (not officially) before.
    The simple answer to that is what kind of identity do you have if you no longer exist.

Thanks
    I think I remember someone on this forum bandying about the name Shelhemians... I think it could work haha

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Noel Mernagh View Post
    There are too many teams in Dublin as it is a Shels-Bohs merger would make most sense but fans of both clubs would probably be against it.
    There will be talk of losing the clubs identity as there was when a possible ground share/merger with rovers was discussed (not officially) before.
    The simple answer to that is what kind of identity do you have if you no longer exist.
    So if K fucked off and we went down the crapper and the only option of salvation we had was merging with rovers, you'd accept the move cos it makes the most sense?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimdagym For This Useful Post:

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    Hope they get a First division licence, is Dalymount really gone for them?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,034 Times in 2,721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    They'd save nothing. it'd probably cost more in terms of travel and they won't get 2 games against us, Rovers and even Shels each season. Drogehda broke their balls last off season to make sure they got a premier license as they couldn't afford NOT to be in it

wages isn't an issue as they can whatever they like there

Peter Carpenter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdagym View Post
    So if K fucked off and we went down the crapper and the only option of salvation we had was merging with rovers, you'd accept the move cos it makes the most sense?
    more to the point,would the shams be remotely interested in a merger with pats,i would seriously doubt it.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,267 Times in 544 Posts
    The notion of that brings me out in a rash. Could never see it happening

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtiessaint View Post
    more to the point,would the shams be remotely interested in a merger with pats,i would seriously doubt it.
    100% correct 60's. Just using them for geographical reasons. Same goes for any of the Dublin clubs. As far as I'm concerned, I follow pats. If pats ever goes, I'm done. I'll never follow another Irish team again. And a new pats rovers, or bohemian athletic, or st shel or whatever, is not pats.

Here's hoping it never comes to that.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimdagym For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    100% correct 60's. Just using them for geographical reasons. Same goes for any of the Dublin clubs. As far as I'm concerned, I follow pats. If pats ever goes, I'm done. I'll never follow another Irish team again. And a new pats rovers, or bohemian athletic, or st shel or whatever, is not pats.

Here's hoping it never comes to that.
    feel the exact same id be finished with league of ireland if that happened, thankfully i never see that happening
    With Bucka to lead us sure no one could beat us!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Mergers won't happen. Bohs won't go bust.

Same shit different year

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saintly For This Useful Post:

Peter Carpenter
    Thanks
    As far as I'm concerned, I follow pats. If pats ever goes, I'm done. I'll never follow another Irish team again.
    tut,tut,tut,no faith in the future ability of your two young boys

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtiessaint View Post
    tut,tut,tut,no faith in the future ability of your two young boys
    Not if they have my feet, as you know well.

Peter Carpenter
    Thanks
    Not if they have my feet, as you know well.
    hahaha,sixtiessaint well and truly corrected

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sixtiessaint For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Good article in todays Star on Bohs: looks like they are facing the prospect of first division football and owe millions to creditors. Nutsey will go IMO and now that Sligo need a manager he might be an option or maybe MON will go and he will end up with hoopsscum. Either way it looks like bohs are fooked for a few years.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Isn't it by the end of this year that the loan Zurich gave them has to be repaid? Looks they'll be doing well to cover the cost of the stamp for the letter explaining they can't repay it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dinnylowry View Post
    Good article in todays Star on Bohs: looks like they are facing the prospect of first division football and owe millions to creditors. Nutsey will go IMO and now that Sligo need a manager he might be an option or maybe MON will go and he will end up with hoopsscum. Either way it looks like bohs are fooked for a few years.
    Will that make us the ONLY club to be Never Relegated? Me sees a new flag on the way..........
    19 NEVER RELEGATED 29

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Isn't it by the end of this year that the loan Zurich gave them has to be repaid? Looks they'll be doing well to cover the cost of the stamp for the letter explaining they can't repay it.
    Heard it was January- but an article in th eIndo said it was May or something. Loan is guaranteed by the car park area (which appparently brings them in something like 150k per year from the Mater Hospital) - but the car park would now be worth alot less than the €4 mill they owe meaning Zurich can demand repayment and even go as far as liquidation of Bohs dont sell othr assets (the rest of the ground) to repay the sum owed.

Alternatively they could sell the car park for what its worth and then try float another loan for the remainder...but thats very unlikely to get off the ground!

Dinny Lowry
    Thanks
    At this stage they are just better off turning the whole of dalymount into a car park

Patrons
    Thanks
    As far as I'm concerned, I follow pats. If pats ever goes, I'm done. I'll never follow another Irish team again. And a new pats rovers, or bohemian athletic, or st shel or whatever, is not pats.
    Admire the sentiment but if everyone followed that rule, I wouldn't be here. My da was a Cork Hibs fan living in Dublin when they went bust... if he hadn't eventually turned to Pats, I doubt I would have had any interest in the LOI at all.

Having said that, any idea of a merger is just repellent to me. Wonder if Bohs fans would prefer to go bust altogether rather than merge with Shels/AN Other. I wouldn't like to judge either way.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to saintmaniac For This Useful Post:

Dinny Lowry
    Thanks
    Bohs have been told they wont be in the premier division next year - source is the same friend who told me about the shelagation 3 days before it was announced

Thanks
    From what I can gather on their forum their supporters are more positive than usual about the future of the club. Seems they're having a vote on whether to keep the club a member based deal or to sell it to someone. No mention of the first division thing though.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Bohs Statement today

Bohemian FC wishes to thank the club’s staff, members, supporters and creditors whose support and patience have helped keep the club going through* its* financial difficulties.*
    In particular, Bohemian FC thanks those who have contributed to the club’s loan scheme and to other fund-raising initiatives and have in this way crucially helped the club in this difficult period.
    The club is determined to maintain these efforts and to ensure that Bohemians continue to play in the top flight of Irish football, as they have done – uniquely among all the clubs – since the establishment of the League of Ireland 90 years ago.*
    Due to these efforts and continuing reductions in the club’s costs Bohemians are in a better trading position than at this stage last year: all payments to the Revenue Commissioners and to players are up-to-date and no player contracts are being carried over.*
    Cost reductions have been achieved largely through job cuts and reduction of working hours. The club thanks the staff involved for their co-operation and their understanding.*
    Bohemians are continuing to reduce trade debts and the club needs to pursue its fundraising activities. Supporters are urged to help make the Big Bohs Gig at Vicar Street on 27th November a big success.*
    As is well known, the club has debts of over €4 million to Zurich Bank. Repayment of this loan falls due in June 2012. Meeting that target depends very largely on being able to realise the value of the club’s major financial asset, Dalymount Park.*
    Bohemian FC is in continuing negotiations with Zurich Bank about the schedule of interest payments on this loan.*
    The Club is also actively working, through its legal representatives, to resolve legal issues relating to the possible sale of the club’s property.**
    Members were updated by the board and the club’s legal representative on progress on these issues at the members’ meeting in September.* A further update will be provided to members at this week's EGM.*
    As members directed at the most recent meeting, Bohemian FC is continuing to explore all possible options for securing the club’s future into next season and beyond.*
    WWS - Remembered Always

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 651 Posts
    the two stand out lines are :

Meeting that target depends very largely on being able to realise the value of the club’s major financial asset, Dalymount Park.*
    The Club is also actively working, through its legal representatives, to resolve legal issues relating to the possible sale of the club’s property.**
    Cyril The Judas

+ Reply to Thread