Thread: Dublin Bus Routes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    You tell the driver.
    Chuckle....

Thanks
    You tell the driver.
    yeah pretty much, so for example if i was going to clondalkin village it was cost 1.40, but with leap card it would by 1.25.
    So i tell driver "clondalkin village or 1.25 and there is a yolk in front of him to scan the ticket.

Just be careful, coz on dublin bus you dont have to scan off, but on luas and dart etc ya do....
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Got meself one of these new Leap cards there the other week. Even as somebody who doesn't use public transport every day I can think of no good reason not to own one if you live in Dublin and even use public transport the odd time (unless you've got some other card that gives you a better discount). For me just the convenience of having something in my wallet that means I can hop on the train, bus or Luas without queuing up for tickets or worrying about change is well worth the fiver deposit you pay initially. You get a discount with every journey and it'll let you complete one journey even if you don't have enough credit for it which is handy. They don't expire for years either and you can register the card online so that even if it's lost or stolen, you can cancel the card without losing your credit. Long overdue but very welcome.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Got meself one of these new Leap cards there the other week. Even as somebody who doesn't use public transport every day I can think of no good reason not to own one if you live in Dublin and even use public transport the odd time (unless you've got some other card that gives you a better discount). For me just the convenience of having something in my wallet that means I can hop on the train, bus or Luas without queuing up for tickets or worrying about change is well worth the fiver deposit you pay initially. You get a discount with every journey and it'll let you complete one journey even if you don't have enough credit for it which is handy. They don't expire for years either and you can register the card online so that even if it's lost or stolen, you can cancel the card without losing your credit. Long overdue but very welcome.
    Ya big shill.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I found a problem yesterday with them tho,

when paying with the driver, and you say 1.25 and he presses the 1.95 button.

There is no clear procedure to refund, I asked for a refund receipt yesterday and the driver looked at me.
    the only thing Dublin bus make a fortune of unclaimed refunds.
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    No they don't. They give it to charity at the end of each year (they have to). Now they might earn off the interest but no driver cares about that. If they make mistakes, its defo not out to get you.
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

Thanks
    No they don't. They give it to charity at the end of each year (they have to). Now they might earn off the interest but no driver cares about that. If they make mistakes, its defo not out to get you.
    jaysus Dodge, you missed my point, i was just making people aware of the overcharging. Jeez...

Thanks
    Most drivers are sound,you could put in 50cent for a €1.70 trip and they say nothing (from my experiences on the 79) although are one or two wankers on the 79 route.
    Only time Ive seen a driver overcharge is when a tourist,at the Aston Quay stop asks is this the bus to get to the Guinness Storehouse/Kilmainham Gaol? All you here from the driver is 'yes,€2 and I will let you know when we are there'.The bus drivers in London are the exact opposite to tourists,I once asked how much it is for an adult and a 12 year old into London City (I was at Twickenham,miles out and expected to pay £5 at least),and the driver replied 'for a student and a 10 year old,its £1 for you you and the child is free'! This on a Tuesday afternoon!
    Last edited by harry potter; 12th April 2012 at 12:42 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to harry potter For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danthesaint View Post
    jaysus Dodge, you missed my point, i was just making people aware of the overcharging. Jeez...
    I didn't miss your point at all. I was just saying they don't make a fortune out of it.
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

+ Reply to Thread