+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Road to Cheltenham: National Hunt Season 2010/11

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Grand National weights released today. Reigning Champion Don't Push It gets top weight (11st 10 lbs) with Neptune Collonges - barring a setback Don't Push It will run which brings a degree of certainty to the weights that have been allocated. The antepost favourite is Donald McCain's Ballabriggs who has been alloted 11 stone. Over the last couple of years the nature of the race has changed - it used to be that carrying over 11st practically ruled you out but the first two home last year and the first four the year before all carried 11 stone or over. Ballabriggs is 14/1 which is a value antepost punt for me as he's a quick horse and likes Good ground which you'd expect he'll get at Aintree in early April.
    Ahem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Ahem.
    this makes up a small bit I suppose for all the nags you tipped over the year that are now off in the knackers yard
    well done Gaz hope you had a gud few bob on Ballabriggs ,wish I had .

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SVM View Post
    this makes up a small bit I suppose for all the nags you tipped over the year that are now off in the knackers yard
    well done Gaz hope you had a gud few bob on Ballabriggs ,wish I had .
    The cheek of ya! Had more on Backstage (Elliott had told a lot of people that he'd win if he got around but he lost any chance in the first mile) actually but I won't complain. Backed him antepost the day I posted that, thought he'd have gone off a good bit shorter what with the whole McCain factor.

The serious injury suffered by Peter Toole took the gloss off a great day's racing - he remains in a serious condition and could have permanent head injuries.
    Last edited by Gaz; 10th April 2011 at 10:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread