+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Real Zaragoza

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts

Real Zaragoza

Anyone been to watch them before? (think maybe Gaz mentioned he did a while back)

Am over in Barca in December and Zaragoza are home to Real Madrid on same weekend so just wondering is Zaragoza easy to get to from Barcelona?

Cheers

Banned
    Thanks
    You can get a train from Barcelona's Nord station , takes about an hour and a half but its expensive Slavia . Bout 75 quid. I did it a few years ago. There is a bus station near the train station as well I think tickets are about thirty quid.

See I can be nice

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    I saw them play away to Villarreal last season. I know WWS followed them and I think he went to their ground.

Zaragoza is about halfway between Madrid and Barcelona and isn't the easiest place to get to. There is a super duper high speed train (AVE) running between all three now but as Goon says it's expensive. There are cheaper options (slower trains and busses) but they take a lot longer to get there and back.
    Last edited by Gaz; 29th July 2010 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks
    Cheers. Was just looking to head in and out for the match from Barcelona, didn't realise it was that far away though.

Just seen Girona are at home to Celta Vigo in 2nd division so might look into that instead, its an hour from Barca.

Cheers again

Thanks
    If you have never been to barca before, their public open top bus tours are top notch (think there are 3 routes).

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    Cheers. Was just looking to head in and out for the match from Barcelona, didn't realise it was that far away though.

Just seen Girona are at home to Celta Vigo in 2nd division so might look into that instead, its an hour from Barca.

Cheers again
    Presume you're already heading to Barca/Sociedad in the Camp Nou that weekend then? Will Missus Slavia put up with 2 matches?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Presume you're already heading to Barca/Sociedad in the Camp Nou that weekend then? Will Missus Slavia put up with 2 matches?

Yeah, heading for that game alright, going with a mate so Mrs Slavia won't be a problem that weekend

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I know WWS followed them and I think he went to their ground.
    No he didn't. He just thought the phrase "Los hermanos Milito" (The Milito Brothers) was hilarious. He visited a mate in Zaragoza and took in a game but he didn't really follow any Spanish team

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    It's hardly worth the effort. Poor standard and atmosphere in my opinion. You'd be as well off taking in a Catalan Premier division game. Sants play in the city, and there are a handful of teams in the suburbs. I've seen Rubi and Montcada in the past couple of years. There less than 30 mins from the city centre. Similar grounds and atmosphere to LOI.

+ Reply to Thread