+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rovers in Turmoil

arbour

Rovers in Turmoil

Just heard this morning that Rovers captain Aidan Price called a fan meeting last week.

they invited 100 fans to the meeting to explain that the players are finding it very hard dealing with the pressure that comes with playing for Rovers. Apparently Price told them that its all rosey when they are leading but the negativity that comes from the stands when they are losing or drawing against a supposed weaker team is affecting the players.

Jonathon Roche also told them that next season Rovers arent going to take an allocation of tickets for any away game because of the way their supporters are treated. Roche said that Rovers were keeping some clubs going with their big travelling attendances and that if they didnt take tickets for away games then some clubs would feel it in their pocket. They hope that this threat will result in the supporters getting better treatment from security

Im sure there was more said, anyone else hear anything????????????

Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 665 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arbour View Post
    Im sure there was more said, anyone else hear anything????????????
    I heard from a reliable source that Rovers are cunts
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

Thanks
    Jonathon Roche also told them that next season Rovers arent going to take an allocation of tickets for any away game because of the way their supporters are treated. Roche said that Rovers were keeping some clubs going with their big travelling attendances and that if they didnt take tickets for away games then some clubs would feel it in their pocket. They hope that this threat will result in the supporters getting better treatment from security
    maybe if their fans werent knackers they would get treated better.
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    edit........

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Do you know what I inclined to believe that, what an arrogant pompous shower of cunts. It's wasn't that long ago they were going around cap in hand hoping for the generosity of others for their very existence.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,034 Times in 2,721 Posts
    They definitely had a fans meeting last week. called by the players

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Fans turned on the team out in dayler and started telling o neill to fuck off to hibs etc so he asked for a clear the air meeting with the major players among the fans so three could all unite during the run in.

arbour
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post
    Fans turned on the team out in dayler and started telling o neill to fuck off to hibs etc so he asked for a clear the air meeting with the major players among the fans so three could all unite during the run in.
    seemed to have the opposite affect. Registered on forum there and saw this post.

Apologies if it has been discussed elsewhere but I feel MON's demeanor at the hastily arranged meeting on Thursday night was very telling in light of yesterdays mother of all fuck ups.
    Leaving Dalymount on Tuesday I was still confident that we would win the league. The two point cushion and two home games out three remaining gave us a significant advantage.
    However that confidence was shattered when I heard MON speak on Thursday. He was very nervous and was at pains to urge the fans not to get on the players back for the remaining games. He justified this request by listing the reasons why we would upset the players i.e very young squad, inexperience, not as well paid as people think, part time so on. He then went on to tell us that bohs squad has all those qualities we lack. He then uttered words to the effect of 'even if things don't work out for us in the league, the building work on'. In effect the manager said we may not win the league. Most in attendance I'd guess were stunned by this public admission.
    I left the meeting very worried about the implications of what MON had said and my concerns were shared by some others I spoke to after the meeting.
    After yesterday, I'm firmly of the belief that this club is too big for MON. He has fallen apart twice in two seasons when the moment of truth has arrived. Last season was his honeymoon season so we'll forgive him that. This season he has choked again and I'm now seriously concerned about the implications of him remaining on in charge at the club.
    In my experience players make fans nervous not the other way round. The guy has lost his bottle at the critical moment when he should be inspiring his players onto glory. I hope there's a miracle in the next three weeks and we win the league because if we don't MON has plugged life support into D7 and the 4-in-a-row fever will keep them going for next season at least

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 810 Posts
    , I'm firmly of the belief that this club is too big for MON
    They have been nothing more than a mid table club for the last 16 years, bunch of fucking morons
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathfarnham_Saint View Post
    They have been nothing more than a mid table club for the last 16 years, bunch of fucking morons
    dont forget a division one club
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

Patrons
    Thanks
    Do you have a link to that Arbour??

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Shower of cunts. How I'd love to knock them cunts out next week.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,034 Times in 2,721 Posts
    http://www.srfcforum.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Forumis there. not sure where that line is

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    That forum is a great read.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 651 Posts
    too big for MON, ha ha ha , brilliant . Only those pigs would say that. They really are not in touch with reality
    Cyril The Judas

Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 665 Posts
    This is a great time to be playing them in the cup IMO
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

Patrons
    Thanks
    When we win on Sunday and if they dont win the league MON will be sacked.
    Nutsy will be the Rovers manager next season IMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Noel Mernagh View Post
    When we win on Sunday and if they dont win the league MON will be sacked.
    Sacking a manager after two 2nd place finishes and two cup semi finals (after years in the wilderness) in his two years at the club. Sounds like something they'd do alright

Quote Originally Posted by Super Noel Mernagh View Post
    Nutsy will be the Rovers manager next season IMO.
    Definitely

Thanks
    the arrogance of the scum is unbelievable,they actually believe their own hype! As someone said earlier it wasnt long ago they went from club to club with cap in hand now they believe they have a god given right to win the league.

Shower of deluded cunts!

Cant wait to beat them

Patrons
    Thanks
    Apparently they are the greatest fans in the league...

I think actions in Dundalk this year, racist chanting last year and most recent that Bohs jocky being hit in the head with an object proves that they are nowhere near claiming that crown.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 740 Posts
    Makes me laugh, if it wasn't for huge away support over the years their club would now be dead and buried like their ground!! Cheeky fuckers.

And they want better treatment they shouldn't act like the animals they are. Sick of this 'it's only a minority of them that cause trouble'. Bull. Because either they haven't been banning the troublemakers over the years or they haven't been keeping on top of their new hoolies.

Maybe instead of banning away support, they should ban their own fans, seems like they get more abuse of them than ANY away support.

Remember, this is a club that had basically a set of jersey's to there name, were a 1st Div club and could fit their support in a phonebox a few years ago. Who the hell do they think they are? Over-inflated egotisical morons. I hope they go yet ANOTHER year trophiless and see how their support is then. They'll be crying out for away support to 'come back'.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmerstown Saint View Post

Remember, this is a club that had basically a set of jersey's to their name, were a 1st Div club and could fit their support in a phonebox a few years ago.
    They didn't even have that when the bloke that did their laundry wasn't paid. Remember the "Pauline Fowler's Green and White Army" chant in Tolka?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    They didn't even have that when the bloke that did their laundry wasn't paid. Remember the "Pauline Fowler's Green and White Army" chant in Tolka?
    Magic moments.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmerstown Saint View Post
    Makes me laugh, if it wasn't for huge away support over the years their club would now be dead and buried like their ground!! Cheeky fuckers.

And they want better treatment they shouldn't act like the animals they are. Sick of this 'it's only a minority of them that cause trouble'. Bull. Because either they haven't been banning the troublemakers over the years or they haven't been keeping on top of their new hoolies.

Maybe instead of banning away support, they should ban their own fans, seems like they get more abuse of them than ANY away support.

Remember, this is a club that had basically a set of jersey's to there name, were a 1st Div club and could fit their support in a phonebox a few years ago. Who the hell do they think they are? Over-inflated egotisical morons. I hope they go yet ANOTHER year trophiless and see how their support is then. They'll be crying out for away support to 'come back'.
    well said ........................
    Cyril The Judas

Thanks
    Some of their fans are also saying they're going to boycott the last few games of ther season (heard this from a Shams fan)

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    Some of their fans are also saying they're going to boycott the last few games of ther season (heard this from a Shams fan)
    Ha most of the cunts have been boycotting their games for the last 23 years

Patrons
    Thanks
    ha , your messing ? why ?
    Cyril The Judas

Thanks
    Considering they could still win a double that is priceless

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesaintsno.12 View Post
    ha , your messing ? why ?

No idea, it has been said on their forum though apparently

+ Reply to Thread