+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheltenham 2016

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 814 Posts

Cheltenham 2016

Cheltenham coming up soon, I know there's a few horse racing fans on here, any close to dead cert Doubles or Trebles??

I heard for Day 1 Min, Douvan and Faugheen are as close to dead certs as you'll get??
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    no such things a dead cert but the bet of the festival for me is Josie Orders to win the Cross Country @ 3/1 Fill your boots

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Donohoe'd and Dusted For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donohoe'd and Dusted View Post
    no such things a dead cert but the bet of the festival for me is Josie Orders to win the Cross Country @ 3/1 Fill your boots
    Weight tends to matter less in the Cross Country than conventional races but is still a factor. Without knowing what weight he'll be allocated, it's crazy talk suggesting he's a banker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathfarnham_Saint View Post
    I heard for Day 1 Min, Douvan and Faugheen are as close to dead certs as you'll get??
    Douvan and Faugheen look nailed on with a clear round. Min could be anything but he's very keen early on in his races which isn't something I like to see, though he may well have the engine to make light of that.

Did a piece on the blog on the general approach of piling into the Mullins 'good things' at Cheltenham and how it's likely to pan out.

http://www.theafternoonnap.com/?p=269
    We are at war with Eurasia. We've always been at war with Eurasia.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Peter Carpenter
    Thanks
    All about Black Hercules for me whether it's the RSA or the 4 miler on day 1. Fell on the weekend but his jumping other than that mistake has been great. Getting trebles and accumulators up at Chelt can be so difficult, if i was to do one would probably be Thistlecrack for the world hurdle , Un De Sceaux for The Queen Mother and Annie Power to win any race at Chelt (15/8 with PP).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SaintAl For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintAl View Post
    All about Black Hercules for me whether it's the RSA or the 4 miler on day 1. Fell on the weekend but his jumping other than that mistake has been great.
    Have to say I'd prefer Roi Des Francs for the 4 Miler, Black Hercules has looked keen early on at times (at Warwick particularly) so mightn't get home over the longer trip. And going in to Cheltenham off the back of such a crashing fall isn't ideal, quite apart from the confidence issue it took him a good minute to get back on his hooves, he must have given himself a right oul clatter (actually thought he'd broken his near fore leg until he got up).

The RSA this year could be shit hot with No More Heroes and More Of That in there. In pure value terms he's a good bet at 25/1 currently but that carries a huge risk that he won't run in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintAl View Post
    Getting trebles and accumulators up at Chelt can be so difficult, if i was to do one would probably be Thistlecrack for the world hurdle , Un De Sceaux for The Queen Mother and Annie Power to win any race at Chelt (15/8 with PP).
    True on the difficulty of getting horseracing multiples up (in general, never mind Cheltenham). That particular one looked a pretty decent bet this time yesterday before news of Faugheen's absence broke. If Annie now runs in the Champion Hurdle, it's a much taller order. I don't think she'll have the race fitness to win it. Thistlecrack looks bombproof and Un De Sceaux ought to win if getting around, which with him is never a given.
    We are at war with Eurasia. We've always been at war with Eurasia.

+ Reply to Thread