+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Casual Friday - Debut EP Launch

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks

Casual Friday - Debut EP Launch

Hey Saints,

Some of you already know me as the lad up in the red hut on match night who does the tunes and reads out the teams in my best impression of the squeaky-voiced teen from The Simpsons. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Gary Ó'Nualláin (@GazzaONuallain on Twitter) and I'm a music student.

Last semester a load of people from here took part in my research project on whether there is a cultural or social link between football and music. This year I have to do my professional project which is like my college's version of a thesis. It's essentially their way of trying to set us on the path, and bridge the gap between education and real world. My project is the writing, recording, and release of an EP.

The tunes have been written, and jammed with the band and everyone is tight so the next step is to get down and record them. Because everyone in the band is a full-time student, the cost is a problem so we are crowdfunding the project. We have 14 days to raise the money.

I have full details on my Facebook page for anyone who would be interested in helping out at all. I was very appreciative of all the support with my research project and I'd be doubly so with this.

The launch gig will be April 4th 2015 and I'd love to see as many Saints there as possible (It's the day after Good Friday so no clashes with matches) but that is miles off and I'll leave that for another day.

Thanks very much as always,

Gazza

(This is the direct link to the project)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HofnerGaz For This Useful Post:

Noel Campbell
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 440 Posts
    Gar if you call the EP "Never Relegated" "Five Nil" or "You'll Never Have a Home" you could get a huge response
    "When you sit in row Z
    And the ball hits your head
    It's O'Connor, Sean O'Connor"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon Templer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    You have a band and are trying to "crowd fund" studio time....shouldnt gigs pay for that or has that changed now? you do gigs yeah?

Would rather hear the band play before I paid for them to record.

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    It wouldn't go a long way towards funding it at all. The only real money to be made from gigging at this level is for cover bands. The best is those lads from the likes of Live Forever or really good tribute or niche acts like Pump Up the Jam. Gigging for originals bands barely covers costs at the start. I do get that though kdjac. I think a lot of people would be the same.

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Just an update on this to let people know that we reached our target of €800 and have already passed it. There were a few Saints pledges in there so thanks very much to everyone.

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Bringing this up again just as it's closer to the time. Everything has been booked now so it's all go.

The gig is still 4th April. I picked it last year because for the past 2 years there has been a full round of LOI fixtures on Good Friday and I thought it would be the one weekend I can guarantee there'll be no clash with a Pat's match. Long story short, Delaney is a prick and it's the same night as Longford away. So I completely understand that most people will be heading up there. Anyone who's not though, it would be great to see yas down.

Even if you can't make the gig it would be great to get more people upping the social media numbers.

Facebook
    Twitter
    Soundcloud

You can see our debut single here. Skip to 1:05 for the track, or else the song only is on our Soundcloud page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeC6Qdo-w64

I live in hope that the Longford game will be changed for whatever reason.

EDIT: Forgot to mention they sell drink at cost price so pints starting at €3.95
    Last edited by HofnerGaz; 24th January 2015 at 12:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread