+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bohs.

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Robbie View Post
    Sweet jesus. Pretty brave offering loans against Dalyer. Is the ownership not subject to a high court ruling?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Bohemian FC is calling on supporters to help the club and invest in its future by providing loans. Lenders are being offered a very attractive rate on their investment, which will be secured on Dalymount Park.

The club has been working hard to deal with its present cashflow difficulties. It is committed to achieving break-even and to reducing spending further next year, in order to build a sustainable future.

But the club needs support from all its friends to see it through the rest of the season and into the next.

The club has a major asset in Dalymount Park and loans to Bohemian FC will be secured by charge on that property under a trust deed.

Lenders will receive annual interest at the ECB rate plus 4 per cent. At current rates, this means 5 per cent per annum, and 5 per cent is set as the minimum rate.

Interest will be paid annually in December. Loans will be repayable on the sale of Dalymount Park, anticipated to be completed in about seven years.

The sale of Dalymount Park will be conditional on an alternative stadium being provided by the buyer. Bohemians remains committed to being a successful football club with its own stadium and contributing strongly to its local community.

Anyone in a position to provide a loan or wishing to discuss it should contact Chris Brien, Finance Director, Bohemian FC, on 085-8022458.

Not good. I know we keep going over it but the league is a far poorer place without shels derry and cork. Bohs going would be another nail in the coffin. You can't tell me we are better off with the likes of Bray Fingal Monaghan and UCD in the top flight. No wonder gates are down.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Last edited by augustiner; 27th September 2010 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks
    Planty thanks augustiner for this usefull post .... Hang on it says in that article in 7 years they are getting a new ground they'll be lucky if they last 7 months never mind 7 years
    WATRA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Not good. I know we keep going over it but the league is a far poorer place without shels derry and cork. Bohs going would be another nail in the coffin. You can't tell me we are better off with the likes of Bray Fingal Monaghan and UCD in the top flight. No wonder gates are down.
    agree with this
    gonna be a bad few years for the league with rovers gonna dominate me thinks.
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    So they're following in Shels footsteps by mortgaging their only asset to pay wages short term. Not good.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,886 Times in 785 Posts
    We will definitely be playing in Europe now, couldn't believe what i was reading, Really really bad times for them and its all theirs and the FAI's fault

Thanks
    Thanked 1,762 Times in 664 Posts
    Poor Bohs.............literally
    Saint Patrick's Athletic**1929**Pride of Inchicore
    Auf gehts, Patricks, schießt ein Tor! Die rot-weißen Heiligen von Irland!
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

Patrons
    Thanks
    'Interest will be paid annually in December. Loans will be repayable on the sale of Dalymount Park, anticipated to be completed in about seven years'

That should just be our banner for next week

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danthesaint View Post
    agree with this
    gonna be a bad few years for the league with rovers gonna dominate me thinks.
    Is the gap between Rovers and Sligo, Fingal and ourselves that big?

as for the bohes thing thier much predicted melt down will go into overdrive the day after Nutsy (the rat) jumps ship. Should be in the next 4 weeks or 6 if they get to the cup final.

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Can't see Bohs surviving this one. They're dead in the water. I wouldn't lend them a tenner on the deal they're offering. There will be no sale of Dalymount and there will be no Bohemian FC before too long. Totally agree with Danthesaint and AlanMc, we all say we hate Bohs, Rovers, Dundalk, Cork, Derry etc but it should all be in a football context. I hate to see any team in this sort of bother. I know, they are the authors of their own demise and I shouldn't have much sympathy but it's sad nonetheless.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Have to go with the opposite here, what happened to Shels Cork and Derry and now Bohs has to happen for the greater good of the league longterm.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,876 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    Have to go with the opposite here, what happened to Shels Cork and Derry and now Bohs has to happen for the greater good of the league longterm.
    I'd normally agree but losing Bohs would be a hammer blow to the league. Sticking them down in the first while they sort themselves out on the other hand can only be a good thing.

Sooner or later clubs have to start noticing the trend. Right?!?

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    Jeez bud, enlighten me here?

Ok, I know its bad practice that has them where they are but we need these teams in the top flight in order to guarantee the quality of the product. Or at least to create the impression of quality. Bohs, Shels, Rovers, these are household names and even non-footballing people know who they are. Without these teams in the top tier, we'll find it harder to sell the league to the general public. Only my opinion of course.

Have to admit, there is a tiny bit of a smile inside me all the same, especially when I think of Shels:-)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Saint View Post
    Or at least to create the impression of quality.
    its clubs creating the impression of having money thats been the problem. We've had these clusb for years and the crowds have always been poxy.

maybe we should try sorting out our finances and building up slowly rather than the boom & bust bollocks form the past 20 years

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    A post from the Bohs forum:

Timing or not....if we dont get it ...IT WILL BE GAME OVER !!

It is not the whole cry wolf thing, or we've heard it all before etc.....should we not get c€100k by Friday week and the remaining €200k by season end then tha players wont be paid ! Simple as.....

Thanks
    Clubs have to suffer so that in the longterm they actually cop the fuck on and run withing themselves and stop spending crazy money.

Aware we are a anomaly but thats cos it was his money and he could whatever the fuck eh wanted with it.

Patrons
    Thanks
    I dont think anyone wants Bohs to go out of business wouldnt like to see that happen to any club (bar maybe Fingal) but a stint in the First division will do the cunts no harm, Your not invincible

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathcoolesaint View Post
    Is the gap between Rovers and Sligo, Fingal and ourselves that big?

as for the bohes thing thier much predicted melt down will go into overdrive the day after Nutsy (the rat) jumps ship. Should be in the next 4 weeks or 6 if they get to the cup final.
    yeah i do, the league table as we see it is proof, renters are 10 clear of us, and they were absolutely dreadful earlier on in the season
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

Administrator
    Thanks
    yeah i do, the league table as we see it is proof, renters are 10 clear of us, and they were absolutely dreadful earlier on in the season
    So they can be dreadful again. That Rovers squad isn't great by any stretch. dan Murray, Sean O'Connor, Dessie Baker? Calm down dan....

Thanks
    When we were shit we lost, when they were shit they won.

The difference between champions and not champions not really the difference between the 2 clubs.

Thanks
    but when ya see what rovers bring off the bench for there players they have more options imo

Administrator
    Thanks
    They do, and they're rightfully top of the league. However talk of them dominating for years is a bit premature.

Thanks
    but when ya see what rovers bring off the bench for there players they have more options imo
    Their deadly bench came from Cork and Derry. So our fault for not being in a position to sign these players last season.

This year we have dibs on Bohs players

Patrons
    Thanks
    Is this 'scheme' even legal considering the various interests in different parts of the ground regarding ownership and outstanding loans against carparks etc?

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiner View Post
    Is this 'scheme' even legal considering the various interests in different parts of the ground regarding ownership and outstanding loans against carparks etc?
    Probably not! As I said earlier, even if I was biggest Bohs fan on face of the planet, I wouldn't touch this one with a barge pole! It stinks to high heaven.

Thanks
    I pissed by the corner flag once (Des Kelly end) surely this entitles me to some kind of ownership

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    They do, and they're rightfully top of the league. However talk of them dominating for years is a bit premature.
    Exactly, they wont get away with making a loss of 400k a year for too long

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesaint View Post
    I pissed by the corner flag once (Des Kelly end) surely this entitles me to some kind of ownership
    Just to clarify, it wasn't during a match

+ Reply to Thread