+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anglo Irish Bank

Colm Foley
    Thanks

Anglo Irish Bank

Why are these Gangsters not in front of the special criminal courts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 600clubsaint For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 446 Posts
    Absolutely shocking stuff, really is.

I imagine they soon will be behind bars

Curtis Fleming
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 600clubsaint View Post
    Why are these Gangsters not in front of the special criminal courts.
    Special Criminal Court is usually used for terrorist and gangland cases. (Its non jury).

About these tapes its shocking stuff the attitude of them is awful.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Actually don't want to read any of that stuff, it was 5 years ago, it will only frustrate you even more... It's just a bit fucking ridiculous that these clowns aren't already rotting in jail for a sentence created for them life not murder life American prison life and several counts of it... If it takes 10, 20 years for the country to 'go back to normal' these fuckers and everyone else involved in some way will still be walking around free living off a fat pension while everyone else suffered in small or big ways!

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 651 Posts
    its sickening alright. one of them was singing the German national anthem on the phone..................i had to laugh at that bit.
    None of them will see proper jail time.
    I don't think a parlimentary inquiry is the right way to go either, it will become far too political. I wouldnt like to agree with FF on anything, but i think Martin was right when he said it should be an independent inquiry with an international judge, obviously he is doing it to help out his party, but i still think its the right approach
    Cyril The Judas

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,882 Times in 2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaintsno.12 View Post
    I wouldnt like to agree with FF on anything, but i think Martin was right when he said it should be an independent inquiry with an international judge, obviously he is doing it to help out his party, but i still think its the right approach
    They have some fucking cheek talking about this matter at all. They created the culture that allowed this to happen. Ahern and Martin should be in the dock too

On the length of time the inquiry takes, the legal system kinda demands it when there's so many millions of documents to sort through. I'd rather they took their time and got it right than rush a prosecution that any lawyer can easily defend
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    We all know how that other 'inquiry' went, millions of documents chased down by people been paid thousands to do it with a verdict everyone already knew and no prosecution!

People like this around the world should be liable to a new system, no lawyer & no rights... They started a chain reaction that has destroyed families lives from something small to losing a job to losing a house and even worse!

Political spin is all that's gonna happen in the dail, you have FF saying something and then FG and La response is always its your fault, but sure their in office over 2 years and they've done nothing to add to prosecution of these fuckers, isn't one of them still in Massachusetts living the life? If that was an American in Ireland our government would be bending over backwards for the americans to help with his extradition!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    If that was an American in Ireland our government would be bending over backwards for the americans to help with his extradition!
    Just like all the US bankers that have been prosecuted? There's absolutely nothing unique to ireland about this

Patrons
    Thanks
    a parilimentary inquiry would be far far quicker though and to win some votes i think FG would be pushing to bang a few of them up..........which is fine by me.

Also, agree with you on FF Dodge, i just meant that the sort of inquiry Martin was pushing for would move away from political bickering and finger pointing.
    Cyril The Judas

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSaintsno.12 For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    the other sickening aspect about these tapes is that we wont get much of a reception in EU land now.

"In a strongly worded article in yesterday's 'Financial Times', the newspaper laments that the "diplomatic dynamite will make it harder for the government here to convince eurozone partners to lift some of the debt still burdening Irish taxpayers"."

Yet again we get rode by Anglo
    Last edited by TheSaintsno.12; 26th June 2013 at 10:54 AM.
    Cyril The Judas

Patrons
    Thanks
    just for anyone that hasnt seen much on it, this article has most of the info

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...-29369275.html
    Cyril The Judas

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Just like all the US bankers that have been prosecuted? There's absolutely nothing unique to ireland about this
    I Don't know anything about us bankers! Extradition for prosecution in general is what I mean... It's as if their afraid to do it!

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    I Don't know anything about us bankers! Extradition for prosecution in general is what I mean... It's as if their afraid to do it!
    he's a banker.......get'm.

money makes the world go round and Ireland is a small incestuous pit crippled by cronyism when it comes to this kind of thing. Everyone was in the money mens pockets to some degree and it was always going to play out like this. I'm not justifying, its just how i see it.
    Cyril The Judas

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSaintsno.12 For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    to top it all off FF are currently the most popular party . what is wrong with this country ??
    Cyril The Judas

Colm Foley
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Special Criminal Court is usually used for terrorist and gangland cases. (Its non jury).

About these tapes its shocking stuff the attitude of them is awful.
    These gangsters and there puppet's in politic's have done the same or even worst.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    I hope theres a lengthy tribunal.

With tonnes of evidence literally thousands of boxes of evidence.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kdjac For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Something about the phone calls is hilarious- laughed my bollox off at them- sounded like some lads having a joke. Astonishing these guys were talking about billions.

Hope justice prevails and anyone who has done wrong or acted fraudulently gets their dues (but honestly don't want more "tribunals"- whats really to gain?)

I will say that most people in the same position would have played out things similarly (maybe not singing the German anthem) When your backs against the wall self preservation prevails and the greater good goes out the window. Noone knew how bad it'd get.
    Last edited by Caolan; 26th June 2013 at 08:47 PM.

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolan View Post
    Noone knew how bad it'd get.
    Seemingly they did though that's the thing. They needed 30 billion in the end wasn't it? The tape says he pulled 7 billion out of his arse and that it would be considerably more than that.
    Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda... Shoulda pulled an Iceland. Let the bankers fry. I hope someone shoots the cunts.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I will say that most people in the same position would have played out things similarly (maybe not singing the German anthem) When your backs against the wall self preservation prevails and the greater good goes out the window. Noone knew how bad it'd get.
    Most people wouldn't be in that position. Or shouldn't be anyway

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Most people wouldn't be in that position. Or shouldn't be anyway
    Too true- BUT, desperate times make people do desperate things.

Judging by the tapes I'm happy to conclude these boys didn't need desperate times to make irrational decisions- tapes strike me as bravado and masculine show boating at its worst.

Regardless of everything they've done they sound like right tossers/plonkers

Stand by my statement that a tribunal would be a waste of time/money with nothing to gain. Let the Gardai investigate.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Stand by my statement that a tribunal would be a waste of time/money with nothing to gain. Let the Gardai investigate.
    To be clear, I agree with that 100%. They have been. It just takes time to go through millions of financial transactions

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Keiser Report on RT is generally a must-watch for anyone with an interest in financial punditry who is not also a cunt.

Talking here about the Anglo tapes.

http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/ep...ax-keiser-277/

27. The Following User Says Thank You to oleguer presas i renom For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread