+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Xbox Revealed

Patrons
    Thanks
    So whats happening here? Playstation bringing out a new console that ya need internet to use and they are gonna start charging ya to play online :O whats gonna be different about it?

Ill defo not be moving to xbox but have no idea whats better i just like the playstation and hate the xbox controller.
    With Bucka to lead us sure no one could beat us!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjoey View Post
    So whats happening here? Playstation bringing out a new console that ya need internet to use and they are gonna start charging ya to play online :O whats gonna be different about it?

Ill defo not be moving to xbox but have no idea whats better i just like the playstation and hate the xbox controller.
    PS4 will charge to play online multiplayer but doesn't need to be online to play single player games.

Xbox One needs to be online once every 24 hours to let you play single player games, xbox live is unchanged as before.
    Negativity is the new Positivity.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    PS4 will charge to play online multiplayer but doesn't need to be online to play single player games.

Xbox One needs to be online once every 24 hours to let you play single player games, xbox live is unchanged as before.
    So i can continue to play the online leagues in FIFA for free? What can the PS4 do that PS3 cant?
    With Bucka to lead us sure no one could beat us!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjoey View Post
    So i can continue to play the online leagues in FIFA for free? What can the PS4 do that PS3 cant?
    Not sure about the Fifa thing, I'd suspect you'll have to pay for PS Plus or whatever its called.

Had to look up what the PS4 did over the PS3. This will tell you what you need to know http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/06/18/ps4-vs-ps3/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doom For This Useful Post:

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Xbox one no longer requires an internet connection once every 24 hours and no restrictions on game lending anymore
    http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by devinesaint View Post
    Xbox one no longer requires an internet connection once every 24 hours and no restrictions on game lending anymore
    Was just about to post this...

Still don't think I'll get one day one, but I'll have no hesitation buying one in the first few months of release

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,845 Times in 2,612 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by devinesaint View Post
    So the 'moaners' were right then...
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    So the 'moaners' were right then...
    I think it's more in response to how Sony played it then anything... I don't really see it as Microsoft trying to be good to it's potential customers and more them trying to match what Sony are doing...

Had both Sony and MS brought in those restrictions, no amount of moaning would have changed it

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    It was MS trying not to lose their Xbox 360 customers to the PS4!
    It's nothing about being nice to gamers as they say!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to devinesaint For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Had a feeling this was going to happen, theres was an interview done with that trojan Major Nelson by a youtube lad called AngryJoe and he put the question to him about it been easy to change all that restriction bull and he said 'politically' no, everyone called MS out on it and look what happened! power of the consumer, thankfully common sense prevailed cause i didnt wanna have to be one of the 360 users buying a ps4, i prefer the online on the 360 over the ps3 from the connection to party chat all the way down to sending a game invite! Hoping MS now release a console package without the kinect cause I don't fuckin want it as do millions others and it will drop the price of the console considerably. Even it could end up been cheaper than a ps4
    Last edited by ChrisM; 19th June 2013 at 11:23 PM.

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    It still doesn't change the fact that none of the demo footage has been from actual Xbox One instead of five times faster, high end computers.

I'm cynical so I reckon all this bollocks was put in place just so it could be taken away and they'll look marvelous. Will they start calling it the Xbox180 now?

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HofnerGaz View Post
    It still doesn't change the fact that none of the demo footage has been from actual Xbox One instead of five times faster, high end computers.

I'm cynical so I reckon all this bollocks was put in place just so it could be taken away and they'll look marvelous. Will they start calling it the Xbox180 now?
    Agree with yah, was saying the same myself, instead of highlighting what's to look forward to game wise they've spent time explaining how over complicated nonsense restrictions and features work which don't exist anymore!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HofnerGaz View Post

The machines demo-ing the Xbox One games have the exact same specs as the Xbox One.
    One love *** One club

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tom the gom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    In America at least, since the news of the removal of the restrictions the Xbox One has overtaken the PS4 in Pre-orders

Administrator
    Thanks
    In America at least, since the news of the removal of the restrictions the Xbox One has overtaken the PS4 in Pre-orders
    Which pretty much contradicts all your earlier posts

Thanks
    Which pretty much contradicts all your earlier posts
    How so? Xbox was always ahead of Sony on current gen consoles in terms of sales, and it seems to be heading that way on next gen too if pre-orders are anything to go by

Holy crap its hard to find solid figures on either generation. From what I can gather though, Xbox 360 had the lead on PS3 up until the start of this year when Sony started edging it (though I don't know if that's still the case) but the Xbox 360 was on sale a year before the PS3. Xbox 360 was $299 and $399 at launch while the PS3 was $499 and $599 at launch. So really Sony actually won the current gen 'war', with a year less on the market and a significantly higher price (more difference than between Xbox One and PS4) it's outselling the 360, if only slightly. Meanwhile Xbox 360 sold more games than PS3.

As for next gen, there aren't any real solid figures on it. Different retails/regions etc. But data release the day before E3 has the Xbox One leading by 2.3% (not a whole lot) in pre-orders, but since E3 PS4 took the lead until MS changed their policies. So while Xbox One is leading in pre-orders atm from what I can gather PS4 is still winning in pure numbers overall.

Obviously it's still 5 months until they both launch but after looking at the numbers I'd have said PS4 will definitely win the next gen sales war. Microsoft really need to do some work on justifying the extra $100 and the E3 debacle is sure to have lost them some customers but I reckon a lot of them will jump back to MS now that the restrictions have been lifted.

But if PS3 could win with higher prices and a year less on the market, I see no reason why the PS4 wont do the same being cheaper, launching at the same time and with MS marketing like morons atm.

I'd say in a couple of weeks it'll become more clear the impact of the week between the E3 announcement and the reversal from MS.

The numbers are not at all as I expected though

Oh and on a side note, it looks like the Wii outsold both the 360 and PS3
    Last edited by Doom; 20th June 2013 at 04:38 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    How so?
    Didn't you say the restrictions wouldn't have an effect on any body thinking of buying either? You certainly tried to play it down completely. The MS statement and the pre-order figures spike shows it was an issue for loads of people

Thanks
    Didn't you say the restrictions wouldn't have an effect on any body thinking of buying either? You certainly tried to play it down completely. The MS statement and the pre-order figures spike shows it was an issue for loads of people
    I'm still not entirely sure, it definitely had an immediate effect, lots of kneejerk reactions (though to be fair, I can totally understand why people wouldn't want those restrictions) but I was still convinced they'd be fairly level at launch with the restrictions in place, guess they didn't think that though haha

Though to be fair, I was sure the Xbox had won the current gen sales numbers , seems they didn't
    Last edited by Doom; 20th June 2013 at 05:09 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Doom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    I doubt thats the end of the pre owned thing, no chance publishers will stand for any sort of re sale without them getting some of the money.

Battlefield 4 is Battlefield 3.01

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    I doubt thats the end of the pre owned thing, no chance publishers will stand for any sort of re sale without them getting some of the money.
    Tough titties for them. Why do they think they should be the only group that benefits from second hand sales? Film makers and musicians get nothing from second hand dvd and cd sales so why should they?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrtankthreat View Post
    Tough titties for them. Why do they think they should be the only group that benefits from second hand sales? Film makers and musicians get nothing from second hand dvd and cd sales so why should they?
    They feel they are entitled to it and they will get it. Its actually not hard to implement tho and i expect both consoles to come with some form of DRM equipped.

It will be a steam client type setup where you buy the game digitally with a discount unlike normal digital distribution where the fucking game is cheaper in a shop. And console players will download the game, fairly fucking hard to trade in a downloaded game

Thanks
    They feel they are entitled to it and they will get it. Its actually not hard to implement tho and i expect both consoles to come with some form of DRM equipped.

It will be a steam client type setup where you buy the game digitally with a discount unlike normal digital distribution where the fucking game is cheaper in a shop. And console players will download the game, fairly fucking hard to trade in a downloaded game
    Well I think that's what MS were aiming for. Pushing towards downloaded games rather than physical discs. Though to be fair, apparently Steam might be implementing some sharing system in the not too distant future

Thanks
    Well I think that's what MS were aiming for. Pushing towards downloaded games rather than physical discs. Though to be fair, apparently Steam might be implementing some sharing system in the not too distant future
    Sony bought Gaikai, Gaikai owned a tech that allowed you to download a 10gb game and after 1gb be able to play it.

Recall using it years ago when i got Hitman somfin for a fiver, it worked could play after downloading only 10% of the game. Sony are selling this now as a selling point for the PS4. Even mentioned you can download the MP or SP part 1st.

Strange noone has picked up on its real use.

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    I know they feel they are entitled to it but why? As I said noone else seems to feel they are entitled to it. I also know it is easy to implement it, hell it was implemented until the people spoke and said no, we're not having it. Even EA have removed online passes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrtankthreat View Post
    I know they feel they are entitled to it but why? As I said noone else seems to feel they are entitled to it. I also know it is easy to implement it, hell it was implemented until the people spoke and said no, we're not having it. Even EA have removed online passes.
    Why implement an online pass when your customers are going to buy the game online? Seriously has noone else copped this?

Biggest problem with digital is the fuckin price, seriously i hope the only thing these new consoles do is drive down the price of digital games.

BF4 via EA 60 or 70 on PC

45 where i buy my PC games, i expect to pay 35 the day it comes out

FIFA 13 was 70 fucking quid on PS Store....70 fucking quid!!!!! With no shipping, no distribution, no box no disc or poxy flyer....yet it 45 in a shop. PC games suffer the same problems hence the reason i use G2play.

If EA offer you FIFA 10 quid cheaper than a shop to buy it online, they want and have agreed to get Origin onto both consoles. Of course you will buy it there....thus removing the option of trade with a cheaper game.

remains to be seen if the games will be cheaper tho, tho with both MS and Sony buying streaming media companys with the tech to let you play before complete download. I expect this to be the norm.

Thanks
    Sony bought Gaikai, Gaikai owned a tech that allowed you to download a 10gb game and after 1gb be able to play it.

Recall using it years ago when i got Hitman somfin for a fiver, it worked could play after downloading only 10% of the game. Sony are selling this now as a selling point for the PS4. Even mentioned you can download the MP or SP part 1st.

Strange noone has picked up on its real use.
    Ah, I thought Gaikai were doing the streaming PS3 games

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    Why implement an online pass when your customers are going to buy the game online? Seriously has noone else copped this?

Biggest problem with digital is the fuckin price, seriously i hope the only thing these new consoles do is drive down the price of digital games.
    How many people are buying games online though? The whole furore was over the ownership of discs, the majority want them and they told Microsoft as much and Microsoft were forced to relent. EA have said they dropped online passes due to customer feedback as well. It's a huge win for once for the customer.

As for the price of digital, it's something I've never understood. I read a lot of people saying a download only future will lead to reduced prices, but why don't we see those lower prices now? If they want to destroy the physical market why not beat it with competitive prices. Why do they have to wait for the physical market to go away before the digital stuff goes down in price?

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tom the gom View Post
    The machines demo-ing the Xbox One games have the exact same specs as the Xbox One.
    No they don't.

Thanks
    Demo machines for all PS4 and Xbox games at E3 were PCs.

Another cool thing about gaikai is if you have a tablet you can play your PS4 games on it, yah know for when your in the middle of a game and you need a shite, pick up the tablet and off you go. it streams the Ps4 to the tablet.

I used to play NFS on pc this way for about 10 minutes until i got bored and went back to the pc.

Thanks
    I've never used one of those game streaming things. I remember hearing about it after Crysis came out on the pc, and you could use it as a way to play a game at it's highest settings and a crap pc. And for me with a pc it would work, it would still feel the same, I dunno if it'd be as comfortable with a console. TBH MS should really be thinking about something like that as a way of getting some semblance of backwards compatibility. It's one of the points where I feel both next gen consoles fall down (Xbox more so). Though I'd imagine with the PS4 streaming thing, it's not like you'll be able to play your old PS3 games, but rather you'll be able to buy them again through the streaming system which kinda defeats the purpose for me.

+ Reply to Thread