Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts

Battlefield 4 Multiplayer

scripted but still looks good.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kdjac For This Useful Post:

SVM

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Are Dead Rising 1 and 2 good? The demo for 3 looks quality. Ryse and Metal Gear 5 both look unreal.

Thanks
    Only played Dead Rising 1 and it was great fun...

Also, Ubisoft just premiered this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWJD8DMasCU That's what Next Gen should look like.
    Negativity is the new Positivity.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doom For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Haha that defines ea's preview of their games each year, don't understand why they even talk about fifa etc cause its the same game every year just release it anyone who's interested in it is going to buy it with or without a cinematic video!

Didn't get a chance to catch any of e3 yesterday gonna watch it now but apparently rockstar have a booth for GTA V so maybe a demo! Game spot usually have good coverage for the show floor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Haha that defines ea's preview of their games each year, don't understand why they even talk about fifa etc cause its the same game every year just release it anyone who's interested in it is going to buy it with or without a cinematic video!

Didn't get a chance to catch any of e3 yesterday gonna watch it now but apparently rockstar have a booth for GTA V so maybe a demo! Game spot usually have good coverage for the show floor
    gametrailers was decent.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056967874

list of videos there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kdjac For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Watchdogs look ridiculous. Hopefully that and Tom Clancy's Division are available for both consoles anyway.

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    Anyone know how much a motherboard for a ps3 would be to be replaced? Every time I leave it in to be fixed with GSM solutions something else is wrong with it, they even told me the flux capacitor needs fixing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BiggyRotten For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    This has to be the all time video of E3!

Thanks
    Is that all the PS fans have to talk about? Being able to rent 2nd hand games or connected to online 24/7?
    One love *** One club

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,845 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tom the gom View Post
    Is that all the PS fans have to talk about? Being able to rent 2nd hand games or connected to online 24/7?
    Yeah, that's clearly the only thing any PS fan has ever talked about.

As I said before I'm not a hug game but anyone who contempletes spending upwards of 500 on games system that they can't even use it without the internet needs their head examining

No bringing it to a mate's gaff? No bringing it away to keep kids entertained? Can't even give a loan of a game to someone? It's pretty mental
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

Thanks
    How many folks do you know that don't have always on broadband?

@Kdjac, BF4 does have 64 players online, at 60fps too.
    One love *** One club

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,845 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Loads. And I also know loads that bring their xbox or PS3 away with them for the kids (plays DVDs too). It's mental
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Their's alot of people out there that wont be able to have a new xbox because of the bullshit restrictions they added, which will leave them losing a fuck load of customers to the PS4 so hopefully they cop the fuck on and go back to the drawing board and get rid of all the Nazi style monitoring nonsense!

Thanks

@Kdjac, BF4 does have 64 players online, at 60fps too.
    Bf1 2 and 3 were always 64 players and more than 60fps for me

PS4 will allow you to share 1st party games ie ones Sony makes, 3rd party games the publisher has the option to decide which they will to not allow pre owned games.

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    Bf1 2 and 3 were always 64 players and more than 60fps for me

PS4 will allow you to share 1st party games ie ones Sony makes, 3rd party games the publisher has the option to decide which they will to not allow pre owned games.
    I think having seen the reaction to all the Xbox stuff and how they've become pretty much villainized by gamers online and the backlash that's come with it, that most 3rd parties will see it as a no-brainer to allow them.

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    It gets worse. http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/13/xbox-o...aunch-3839195/

One of the countries that won't be able to play an XBone at launch is Japan. Japan! I know Xbox was never as popular in Asia but Japan? It's the bloody home of video games.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HofnerGaz View Post
    I think having seen the reaction to all the Xbox stuff and how they've become pretty much villainized by gamers online and the backlash that's come with it, that most 3rd parties will see it as a no-brainer to allow them.
    Not really, not being able to swap/sell games will drive down the price of them. It will be a non issue this time next year. You will all get used to it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kdjac For This Useful Post:

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    Doubt it.....................

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    I come from the Dodge style of gaming. Just FIFA and COD and if I got a next gen console it'd be the PS4 but I thought this was interesting.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    I have to say I find question marks a little boring

Thanks
    This whole thing just got blown way out of proportion because of Microsoft's abysmal PR efforts. The reason for the game trading limits is because they're moving towards a purely digital delivery platform (Just as Steam is now, and people don't complain they can't share their games on that). It'll mean people still get decently priced games (prices for xbox one games are pretty much the same as 360 games) and the developers don't get screwed from the used games which they don't get any money from now. It was either that or let people trade games as they do now and new games would end up costing a lot more. It'll also mean they should be able to offer decent sales discounts at times just like Steam does at the moment (sometimes as much as 75% off, hell I bought ever GTA game there is on steam for €12 a couple of months ago). But the thing is, Microsoft aren't focusing on these points, and are really tbh just being dicks about it.

For instance, the whole "Must be connected to the internet once every 24 hours to play" is because they want developers to be safe in assuming every player will have an internet connection (and a connect now as well) so they can develop better game mechanics now as they don't have to be worrying about people who play offline or don't have a connect (if you follow me) but again instead of Microsoft focusing on this, they just said "No internet? Stick with a 360"

I really don't think Sony have won the next gen console war at this point, they're just winning the PR war.

Read this http://pastebin.com/uCmdh9jB gives it a bit more perspective (assuming it's legit)

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great post Doom.

Not enough gloom, though .
    One love *** One club

Thanks
    Great post Doom.

Not enough gloom, though .
    There's been so much gloom and negativity around the Xbox one already it doesnt need me doing it too haha.

A couple of other things to remember is that Playstation online features are shifting to a paid model too with the PS4 just like Xbox live. So that's another area the PS4 doesn't have the advantage in anymore. Not to mention there's been no word YET about what DRM is going to come along with some of the PS4 games. Remember Sony only said their first party games wont have any DRM but for third party developers (the big guns like EA etc) its up to them whether they want their games easily traded. That could easily cause a big shit storm for Sony and the PS4 closer to release.

Personally, unless the PS4 dispensed free money every day, I was never going to make the switch from Xbox to Playstation, but I feel the number of people who do make that switch will be far less than the number of people that'll end up buying the Xbox One primarily as an entertainment hub rather than a games console. Sony, by gearing all their press at the core gamers so far, are missing out on the more casual consumers.

Yeah I know, two long posts in succession but I'm just tired of the "OMG THE XBOX ONE IS GOING TO RAPE YOUR FAMILY" reactions on the internet so far lol
    Last edited by Doom; 16th June 2013 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks
    In the battlefield 4 alpha starts morrow

Patrons
    Thanks
    I'm a PS3 owner and I will probably be getting a PS4 (unless there are some changes in the run in) the PS4 being 100 quid less than the X-BOX One, my hands being already moulded into thier controler shape, there will be an online charge for both but PS+ does give you free games, and I have no interest in the all in one enterainment featues of the X-Box One as most of them are US limited and they have no deals in place for content here in place and I am quite happy with my current TV/netflix subscription.

In relation to the always online thing I now have a decent UPC connection but last year my terrible eircom connection would have made an always online console impossible to use and a large amount of this country and people in developing countries also have poor or intermitent connections, I think it will be a big issue in many countries.

Im not ignoring the X-Box One due to an anti Microsoft bias, I use their operating systems on my PC/Laptop's and will continue to do so I just beleive sony make better game consoles.

Thanks
    The whole people with poor or no internet thing doesn't hold water for me. It's another of the "issues" that gets bandied about by the haters (I'm not saying you're one or that there aren't issues with the system). These are €400 and €500 systems we're talking about here. I'd have thought that the people that these are aimed at (Both PS4 and more so Xbox one) are people who are connected to the internet the majority of the time (Hell all the complaints about it are posted online). Xbox one only needs to be connected one a day, not the entire time. If someone's internet is so bad they can't connect once a day then surely they have more pressing problems then whether the console needs it or not.

Beneath it all though, aside from whatever problems there are or aren't etc Come release dates for the consoles, as I said earlier and DDG said above, the majority of people who'll be buying consoles either at release or say the first few months will be like me and like DDG and like lots of others I've seen talking about it online. The people who play PS3 now will get PS4s and the people who play Xbox now will get Xbox Ones, despite the ruckus being kicked up about it, I don't think there's going to be a massive shift in actual real consumer support for either console.

Oh and we shouldn't forget that the real loser in all this is Nintendo ha
    Last edited by Doom; 17th June 2013 at 01:09 AM.

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    The whole people with poor or no internet thing doesn't hold water for me. It's another of the "issues" that gets bandied about by the haters (I'm not saying you're one or that there aren't issues with the system). These are 400 and 500 systems we're talking about here. I'd have thought that the people that these are aimed at (Both PS4 and more so Xbox one) are people who are connected to the internet the majority of the time (Hell all the complaints about it are posted online). Xbox one only needs to be connected one a day, not the entire time. If someone's internet is so bad they can't connect once a day then surely they have more pressing problems then whether the console needs it or not.

Beneath it all though, aside from whatever problems there are or aren't etc Come release dates for the consoles, as I said earlier and DDG said above, the majority of people who'll be buying consoles either at release or say the first few months will be like me and like DDG and like lots of others I've seen talking about it online. The people who play PS3 now will get PS4s and the people who play Xbox now will get Xbox Ones, despite the ruckus being kicked up about it, I don't think there's going to be a massive shift in actual real consumer support for either console.

Oh and we shouldn't forget that the real loser in all this is Nintendo ha
    They dominate the handheld market and the wii sold more than ps3 or 360. This next gen war is just beginning, wouldn't rule them out just yet...

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    The most important part of any games console is the games and as far as I'm concerned they've all lost so far. There's nothing that has got me interested in buying a new console. In fact the winner is probably the PS3 with the line up for the next while. The Last of Us and Beyond Two souls for a start. Also with GTA V and Dark Souls 2 all coming out for this gen I probably wont get around to next gen till 2015. Also, if there's no major exclusives to entice me to a console I'll probably just get a top gaming PC instead.

Patrons
    Thanks
    They dominate the handheld market and the wii sold more than ps3 or 360. This next gen war is just beginning, wouldn't rule them out just yet...
    They sold a lot of consoles and handheld devicies but how many games did each of those users buy, you make some money from selling a console but most of your money will come from having a platform to sell people games.

Thanks
    No doubting Nintendo rule the handheld games scene, but as for their latest console, the Wii U. There's barely any games coming out on it and even EA have stopped developing for it.

Tankthreat made a good point about games too. There's nothing really special coming on next gen thus far, certainly nothing specific to next gen. Watch_dogs, Destiny, Call of Duty Ghosts, Assassins Creed IV are all coming on current gen consoles too.

+ Reply to Thread