+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Football Part II

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Would hate to see North come here. He's the exact opposite of all I like about this club. Maybe Rovers might take him, he'd fit in well over there.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    2 years is a long time for a player like him to be off form. With his attitude keep him as far away from the club as possible
    I wouldnt be over the moon about it. Agree his attitude aint great nor is his weight, but i could understand taking a punt on him.
    Cyril The Judas

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Why would you want him? Hes done nothing since his injury 2 years ago and hes a cunt
    He has still somehow managed to score 3 goals against us this season.

I was all for re-signing him when we were linked in the last window. I'd be more on the fence now, not because of North himself, more the fact I think we have enough goals in the team as it is.

Noel Campbell
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 503 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oleguer presas i renom View Post
    He has still somehow managed to score 3 goals against us this season.
    2 in the Setanta cup against half a team and the other was a pen in a game he contributed fuck all in

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Always a possibility Fagan could move, hes bang on form now and if an offer came in not much we could do about it.

Would prefer not to get North, Kilduff would be a better option for me.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Twigg a free agent- if nothing else i would offer him silly money just to make Rovers overspend

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolan View Post
    Twigg a free agent- if nothing else i would offer him silly money just to make Rovers overspend
    HA ! i like it
    Cyril The Judas

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Baraclough gone from Sligo.
    Bizarre decision:
    He won the league in his first season and the cup in his second season. They've had a poor third season I admit but does the two previous seasons count for nothing?

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    I wonder if there are money problems in Sligo and that's why he went. Seems a bit kneejerk if they just sacked him.

Ricky O'Flaherty Rathcoolesaint's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by see View Post
    Bizarre decision:
    He won the league in his first season and the cup in his second season. They've had a poor third season I admit but does the two previous seasons count for nothing?
    For me it's classic winning a league with someone else's team. No doubt he brought something to the title success but could he have built it from scratch himself?

Like Damien Richardson and up until last season Liam Buckley that is/was the open question for me.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathcoolesaint View Post
    For me it's classic winning a league with someone else's team. No doubt he brought something to the title success but could he have built it from scratch himself?

Like Damien Richardson and up until last season Liam Buckley that is/was the open question for me.
    Eh- Richardson only ever won the league once - with a team assembled by Pat Dolan.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Think that's the point he's making...
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolan View Post
    Eh- Richardson only ever won the league once - with a team assembled by Pat Dolan.
    Yeah as did Bucko first time around but a least now we know that Bucko aint no spoofer

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rathcoolesaint For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 466 Posts
    So how long of a ban should Suarez get?

Will it be just from International football?

Thanks
    Fifa’s disciplinary code has the scope to suspend a player for a maximum of 24 matches – which, technically, can include club games but in practice tends to be only internationals. The longest ban in World Cup history was an eight-match one on Italy’s Mauro Tassotti for breaking Spain’s Luis Enríque’s nose in 1994 with an elbow.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-ban-world-cup
    There is no emoticon for what I am feeling.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Come on you supersaints View Post
    So how long of a ban should Suarez get?

Will it be just from International football?
    Could there be criminal charges?

Patrons
    Thanks
    Could be, he's a dirt bag in fairness but what a player...such a shame he's nuts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts

Suppose that's up to the Italian player if he wants to press charges. He might do if he feels the punishment Suarez eventually receives is not good enough

Administrator
    Thanks
    There won't be criminal charges. He's not going to go back to Brazil for all that paperwork etc.

One of the highlights of the tournament so far

Thanks
    Don't know what the world's coming to when a bloke can't go out for an Italian.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    Suppose that's up to the Italian player if he wants to press charges. He might do if he feels the punishment Suarez eventually receives is not good enough
    That's not true here (Ireland) The police can press charges. In the US the Victim is required to press charges (afaik not an expert). In Brazil I have no idea.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Genuinely feel no action should be taken against Suarez. On the grounds that no retrospective action was taken for other instances of violent conduct in this World Cup where clear video evidence existed. A governing body can't credibly investigate one incident while ignoring others just because it happens to be trending on Twitter or the media think one is more serious than another.
    We are at war with Eurasia. We've always been at war with Eurasia.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    What other incidents would you think were worse or on par with biting another player Gaz? Haven't seen all the games myself so can't think of any

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Genuinely feel no action should be taken against Suarez. On the grounds that no retrospective action was taken for other instances of violent conduct in this World Cup where clear video evidence existed. A governing body can't credibly investigate one incident while ignoring others just because it happens to be trending on Twitter or the media think one is more serious than another.
    One wrong doesnt make a right.

I still feel soccer can learn alot from rugby (citing commissioners, Ref comminications, only Captain allowed speak to Ref, TV official etc)

Biting in Rugby is an 8-12 week ban for FIRST offence- unfortunately FIFA has no integrated punishment system (eg a ban from club doesnt transfer to country for major offenses) and its unlikely that Suarez's previous behaviour will be taken into account.

The guy is rediculous and those with indirect interests (both liverpool and non liverpool fans) need to ask- what would be reasonable sanctions if this happened to a player in League 1 or Sira A who had bitten an opponent 3 times in 40 months as well as receiving a lengthy ban for Racism?

I reckon he should get a 6-12 month suspension. If you did what he did in your office, you'd be fired (possibly arrested). if you were a Solicitor who did that in a court room you would be disbarred, or a member of any professional organisation.

The problem is the 2 prior offences were treated so leniently that a lifetime ban from football couldnt be administered, which in the case of this individual (regardless of talent or club allegiances) would not be out of order.

Having said all that- he is rediculously entertaining!
    Last edited by Caolan; 25th June 2014 at 11:23 AM.

Patrons
    Thanks
    What other incidents would you think were worse or on par with biting another player Gaz? Haven't seen all the games myself so can't think of any
    Your man from Cameroon headbutting his own player I assume he is talking about.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    genuinely feel no action should be taken against suarez. On the grounds that no retrospective action was taken for other instances of violent conduct in this world cup where clear video evidence existed. A governing body can't credibly investigate one incident while ignoring others just because it happens to be trending on twitter or the media think one is more serious than another.
    HE BIT ANOTHER HUMAN!!!

I hope he's not banned but there's no doubting biting an opponent is worse than headbutting a team mate or any of the poor/outrageous tackles so far in the tournament

Patrons
    Thanks
    That's just the point - the decision to investigate shouldn't depend on the perceived 'seriousness' of the offence. Either you have a universally applied policy of retrospectively investigating (and where appropriate banning players) for alleged violent conduct, or you don't. If one incident is more serious than another, you apply a bigger penalty, you don't just ignore it.

Diego Costa was caught headbutting on camera, ref missed it - no investigation.
    Giroud smashed the Swiss lad's eye socket with a dangerous challenge (putting him out of the World Cup and forcing him to be flown home for surgery) that went unpunished in the game. No investigation.
    Cameroon lad nutted his teammate - no investigation.
    Costa Rica and Italian players got into a tunnel brawl at half time in their game. Caught on camera. No investigation.
    There have arguably been others too.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    HE BIT ANOTHER HUMAN!!!

I hope he's not banned but there's no doubting biting an opponent is worse than headbutting a team mate or any of the poor/outrageous tackles so far in the tournament
    My niece done that in creche once, she was put on the naughty step, do FIFA have a naughty step?
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Rathfarnham_Saint For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    HE BIT ANOTHER HUMAN!!!

So you'd rather have your eye socket smashed by a reckless tackle than be deliberately bitten?
    Last edited by Gaz; 25th June 2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: had that arseways, didn't I?

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt here. Having an off the ball nibble is a custom in Latin America and anyone criticising Suarez is only showing their own ignorance. The anti-Uruguay bias is mind-bloggling. If Suarez had been a Dutch or french footballer nobody would have batted an eyelid.

+ Reply to Thread