+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Football Part II

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post
    I'm talking in general sense not picking out individual ties. Some will some won't but in general it would
    Yeah, sorry I was just talking about last year. In general, if it doesn't cover it, it'd go a long way towards it.
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Yeah, sorry I was just talking about last year. In general, if it doesn't cover it, it'd go a long way towards it.
    I'm not sure it would cover it. A gate of 1600 at an average of €10 per head = €16000 less match expenses probably leaves about €13k.

Assuming we bring about 35 over that gives €370 per man for flights, hotel, food, buses for the stay etc and we have to bring a rake of training gear and bags etc. I'd say it's at least three times this and that's just for Lithuania. Armenia could possibly be double that again.

I know the supporters can get flights for €250 and fairly cheap hotels but when bringing a fairly sizeable group you don't really have the luxury of shopping around and everyone has to travel together and you have to be there for a few days for training etc.

Add in player bonuses and it's very hard to make big money in the Europa League without making the Group Stages or getting a plum tie with a decent crowd and TV money. Champions League is a completely different ball game money wise

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Gate receipts should cover your travel, even to our mad kips
    We were quoted 80k for a return charter flight to Kazakhstan that time. Don't think we took it in the end but it gives some idea of what it can cost to go to these places.
    Last edited by Gaz; 11th July 2013 at 01:58 PM.
    We are at war with Eurasia. We've always been at war with Eurasia.

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eskersaint View Post
    A gate of 1600 at an average of €10 per head = €16000 less match expenses probably leaves about €13k.
    Think the Garda bill alone would be over 3k.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 546 Posts
    Shamrock forum "closed until further notice"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oleguer presas i renom View Post
    Think the Garda bill alone would be over 3k.
    Reckon we cleared 35-40k last night. Trip to Lithuania would have cost a fraction of that. Like I said certain ties we'd be up and others down but in general gates would cover most travel expenses

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Reckon we cleared 35-40k last night. Trip to Lithuania would have cost a fraction of that. Like I said certain ties we'd be up and others down but in general gates would cover most travel expenses
    Not sure we can get a gate of over €25,000 without terraces. Is the capacity not only 2500 (1700 stand and 800 patrons stand) and the average ticket price generally works out about €10 (OAPS,kids, freebies etc).

Noel Campbell
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 440 Posts
    Ratboy with a dinger tonight at Mordor. Wanker
    "When you sit in row Z
    And the ball hits your head
    It's O'Connor, Sean O'Connor"

Dave Henderson
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffolux View Post
    Shamrock forum "closed until further notice"
    They won tonight so it should be back up and running tomorrow.

How is Ronan Finn still playing in this league? he's a cut above the rest.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Rovers ultras in dispute with the club over fines for flares. Club identified who individuals were and want them to pay the fine. Ultras throwing a hissy fit apparently

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Callaghan is suposedly gone from Bohs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    Confirmed on their site

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Madness.

When Bray Wanderers have a higher budget than you do, you should expect to be in a relegation scrap.

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Twitter is fun.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HofnerGaz For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    If they sacked him they are ejits. I think he's done a decent job considering he hasn't a penny to spend, they are still above Shels. Can't see Houdini himself doing any better than O'Callaghan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by see View Post
    If they sacked him they are ejits. I think he's done a decent job considering he hasn't a penny to spend, they are still above Shels. Can't see Houdini himself doing any better than O'Callaghan
    dont know who this O'callaghan chap your so high on is but ,Boh$ droppin like a stone and they need a spark pronto! Aaron Callaghan is well liked and was workin with peanuts,but yet results and performances are awful .
    Lots of managers in the league are also working with very little . Johnny Mac who I dont rate as a top manager in this league ,but is a prime example of how decent Waffle at the right time can get results .
    After arriving and having to sell his main striker to warm our bench , he's guided $hels to a few decent results .Some very fortunate (v Cork)but still his enthusiasm has given $hels a lift and might be enough to keep those C++ts up .
    Roddy the captain birdseye of Wafflers is the obvious big mouth who might drop Athlone in the lurch like he's done ,for well ,everyone; he's ever coached and a return is highly likely now .
    Personally if it was me pulling the strings I reckon they should hand the Reigns to Heary who's been groomed for the job ,already on the payroll so let him try rescue that sinking ship of arrogance and make a name for himself as a coach.
    From our current lofty height , it's great to sit back and watch those two fight for their lives,no real probs with Boh$ but they gambled and lost,rubbed they're success in peoples faces, when we all smelled a rat .
    $hel$ even with JM can fook right off back to DIV 1.

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SVM View Post
    dont know who this O'callaghan chap your so high on is but ,Boh$ droppin like a stone and they need a spark pronto! Aaron Callaghan is well liked and was workin with peanuts,but yet results and performances are awful.
    They've taken points off us, Sligo, and Rovers this season. Their form is awful, but there's nothing to suggest Heary has what it takes to manage a side out of a relegation battle. And can't see anyone jumping at that job, esp. Roddy who's doing a decent job at the moment. There must be a dozen experienced LoI managers out of work too. Can't see any of them either fancying the job.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oleguer presas i renom View Post
    They've taken points off us, Sligo, and Rovers this season. Their form is awful, but there's nothing to suggest Heary has what it takes to manage a side out of a relegation battle. And can't see anyone jumping at that job, esp. Roddy who's doing a decent job at the moment. There must be a dozen experienced LoI managers out of work too. Can't see any of them either fancying the job.
    I suggested Heary because I cant see who be'd running for that job atm ,and of the usual current available supects I cant see Bohs going for any of them ,off the top of my head , not a chance Doolins with the cushy FAI u19gig is going there, Rico's only ever coming back to manage Scum so no way he's given up the MNS couch for that headache ,Matthews maybe a possibility but why would they want a guy who recently failed with their rivals, Pete mahon is going nowhere near Bohs ,Sean Connor is being chased by Zulus in Africa ,options very very limited now to no begging Roddy or giving Heary or any other first time manager a chance IMO

Administrator
    Thanks
    Lads, Callaghan is a complete spoofer. He had his budget and he chose to waste his budget on about 40 players rather than getting a decent core of 16-20

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Lads, Callaghan is a complete spoofer. He had his budget and he chose to waste his budget on about 40 players rather than getting a decent core of 16-20
    None of their players earn a decent basic. Assuming expeses are minimal, most of them would be relying on appearance fee / performance-related bonuses to bump up their take home pay. Having 25 players wouldn't cost much more than having 18. You can still only have 14 of them getting a run.out any one game.

Do you think there's a manager in the league who'd get more out of that group?

Administrator
    Thanks
    They're nearly all getting a basic. Loads around the 50-75 range. 2 players on 75 each isn't the same as one at 150.

I think Pete Mahon,John Gill or even Pat scully would've done a better job.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 466 Posts
    Luke Byrne from Bohs is a very very good player.

Other then that the best they have is Pender, Muller, Lyons and Corcoran.

Unfortunately for them you can't rely on 5 players!

Patrons
    Thanks

Showgrounds looks stunning ahead of their game tomorrow

Administrator
    Thanks
    Same as it was 2 days ago. You'll note they took the pic from the side with nothign but rubble on it

Patrons
    Thanks
    Same as it was 2 days ago. You'll note they took the pic from the side with nothign but rubble on it
    Still, you can guarantee that another stand will be put in on that end if their success continues.

Great to see our new stand too in fairness.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Come on you supersaints View Post
    Still, you can guarantee that another stand will be put in on that end if their success continues.
    Which it won't as we're about to put a stop to it

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SVM View Post
    dont know who this O'callaghan chap your so high on is but ,Boh$ droppin like a stone and they need a spark pronto! Aaron Callaghan is well liked and was workin with peanuts,but yet results and performances are awful .
    Lots of managers in the league are also working with very little . Johnny Mac who I dont rate as a top manager in this league ,but is a prime example of how decent Waffle at the right time can get results .
    After arriving and having to sell his main striker to warm our bench , he's guided $hels to a few decent results .
    Don't agree. Apart from Philly hughes, they had Shorthall, Gartland, Pat Flynn, Crowley, Sean Brennan and Dean Kelly. That is the spine of a decent team that Matthews should have got more out of. Who do Bohs have. Pender, Moore, Heary and Mulcahy and a bunch of kids. The latter two are getting on in football terms.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to see For This Useful Post:

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by see View Post
    Don't agree. Apart from Philly hughes, they had Shorthall, Gartland, Pat Flynn, Crowley, Sean Brennan and Dean Kelly. That is the spine of a decent team that Matthews should have got more out of. Who do Bohs have. Pender, Moore, Heary and Mulcahy and a bunch of kids. The latter two are getting on in football terms.
    Absolutely agree. That Shels team was never going to win the league but where they were given the players they have was unacceptable and embarrassing. Callaghan was the perfect man for the Bohs job. The problem is that the fall from grace has been too quick. Only 5 years ago they were going to win the Champions League. If it was another couple of years along it probably would have been different.

Only a couple of months ago everyone was singing his praises for the conditioning program he set up in conjunction with DCU as a development structure for the younger players. That's the kind of man Bohs need. He's a very positive manager and that's the kind of man you need in charge of a team who is realistically going to be beaten most weeks of the year. He was all about the development of young players which would be perfect for Bohs.

Patrons
    Thanks
    See Karagandy beat Bate Borisov in the CL last night

Patrons
    Thanks
    Sligo one down at ht. North's not even on the bench, is he injured?

+ Reply to Thread