+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Schoolboy Football Teams

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    The manager should just turn around and tell the parent to ship up or ship out...

Packie Lynch
    Thanks
    Anyone managing a team in tallaght and want a hand with training or whatever looking at getting into coaching next year whenever PM me anyways
    Liam Buckleys red and White Army

Patrons
    Thanks
    49km rule is a joke to be fair and is solely based around greed and not the welfare of the kids.
    There should be no rule or the rule should be a small number 4-5km. 49km still allows the orchards stellas etc etc to take all the best players in dublin so is pointless.

From a personal point of view I have been involved with Kilnamanagh since I was 7 when I started playing and continue to be involved as a senior team manager.
    I live more than 49km from Kilnamanagh and one of my kids has started in the academy at the club, there is nothing locally that they can join and I am up there every weekend anyway.
    It is ridiculous of anyone to try and tell me that my child can't play for the club I have been involved with all my life.

Packie Lynch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Noel Mernagh View Post
    49km rule is a joke to be fair and is solely based around greed and not the welfare of the kids.
    There should be no rule or the rule should be a small number 4-5km. 49km still allows the orchards stellas etc etc to take all the best players in dublin so is pointless.

From a personal point of view I have been involved with Kilnamanagh since I was 7 when I started playing and continue to be involved as a senior team manager.
    I live more than 49km from Kilnamanagh and one of my kids has started in the academy at the club, there is nothing locally that they can join and I am up there every weekend anyway.
    It is ridiculous of anyone to try and tell me that my child can't play for the club I have been involved with all my life.

There is going to be an exception to most rules and by the sounds of it you have that case.

The 49km rule is obviously to discourage a kid traveling from Carlow or further to play for someone like Cherry Orchard because he/she or their parents believe that it will give them a better chance of making a career in the game.

However the powers that be in the country also need to make sure that there is a viable alternative so parents and children can make that choice. If there isn't a club in a local area then people have no choice than to drive or commute to the nearest one.
    Never relegated

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Noel Mernagh View Post

it is a silly rule really when i played with the orchard one of the lads was from Tipperary !!!
    another rule that bugged me this weekend with our U16s we palyed a team from Wicklow in the SDFL (who will remain nameless but there not far from Tallaght)
    anyway we played there B team right after out game 5 player from the B team played for their A team. Its ridiculous but technaclly their not breaking rules as you can play for the A team if your signed for the B team which is mad , bigger clubs have it well sussed btw it wasnt a sour grape as we drew 1-1 just thought id throw it out there is the rule the same in other leagues

+ Reply to Thread