View Poll Results: After-Goal Music, Yay or Nay?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It adds to the atmosphere.

18 22.50%
  • No. Let the fans do the singing.

62 77.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Matchnight Music

Patrons
    Thanks
    FWIW, I though it was poor taste, in that it sounded like we were gloating, before the match was even won. If Sligo had done that at half-time last season, we'd still be talking about it on here.

Anyway, I need a beer, roll on friday - You should just put the CD on loop from kick-off until final whistle!!

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Ah well lookit, at the end of the day, I'm sorry if it pissed anyone off. eskersaint, a lot of people were singing along and saw it for what it was, a bit of a goof. It was only a bit of fun. I personally think some people are overreacting to it but if it's got under that many people's skin, I'll hold the hands up and admit that it was a cock up on my part.
    For what it's worth, if Sligo had done it last year, it wouldn't have bothered me, same way none of the songs Rovers play in Tallaght bother me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HofnerGaz For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    I think yer all a bunch of oul wans. You'd have got at least 500/1 on Pats NOT winning the league at half time last Sunday. Were those who singing 'Championees' in injury time guilty of tempting fate too? It was in the bag, no harm letting the nation know it before they'd flicked over to something else. Fair play HG.
    We are at war with Eurasia. We've always been at war with Eurasia.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Tempting fate - don't care about.
    Disrespecting the opposition (unless it's the hooped swine) - do care about.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by st.mick View Post
    Tempting fate - don't care about.
    Disrespecting the opposition (unless it's the hooped swine) - do care about.
    Disrespected them me hole, nothing to do with them.
    We are at war with Eurasia. We've always been at war with Eurasia.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 670 Posts
    Win win situation

For those against it. say that we played the music for Sligo to show what great Champions they were in 2013
    For those for it. say that we played it because we knew we'd probably be Champions at the end of the game
    Last edited by St. Robbie; 16th October 2013 at 04:40 PM.
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

9. The Following User Says Thank You to St. Robbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    It didn't bother me but player weren't impressed by it. they could hear it in dressing rooms.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Thought it was gas. Fair play. Sligo milked it against us last year from before kick off and at half time, so fuck them. CHAMPEEEONAAAYYYYYYYYY

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 466 Posts
    It was nothing to do with Sligo in fairness lads. I thought it was premature in a way that you want to hear it for the first time as we lift the trophy.

If anyone is milking it it's me, I havent stopped signing Champione since 88mins on Sunday.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Come on you supersaints For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    I want to here the champions league song played against rovers in LSC

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donohoe'd and Dusted For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Fuck all the whinging about HT music, what the fuck happened at the end- we wont the league and there was no elebratory music after the game- no rendition of we are the champions that I heard?

*note I apologise if music was played, in the histeria maybe I missed it

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Caolan For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    At a wild guess, I'd say HofnerGaz abandoned the turntables and joined in the hysteria on the pitch

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 546 Posts
    On the Camac this season you can barely hear any music that's being played - is it different in the stand? I know people were complaining before it was too loud but it seems to have gone to the other extreme. Pre and after match music made no impact where I was. Feels wierd. Presume if the match is on telly you can't have music blaring out beside the gantry? I know HofnerGaz said before the pa system is more or less banjaxed - I'd have an upgrade on the "to do" list.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolan View Post
    Fuck all the whinging about HT music, what the fuck happened at the end- we wont the league and there was no elebratory music after the game- no rendition of we are the champions that I heard?

*note I apologise if music was played, in the histeria maybe I missed it
    The best song in the world was being played out on the pitch

"Championneeeeesss...."

We can do the drama when the trophy is lifted
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    I was told not to play anything after the game. It was my intention to stay up in the nest and play the usual suspects after the game, We Are The Champions, This Is The One, CL Music but I was told not to because they're saving all the celebration stuff for Friday to get as close to as many through the stiles again for Derry, so I said that's fair enough. I actually missed the final whistle because I was in getting direction. I didn't realize the game was over Haha.

Also they said they didn't want me to entice the crowd because there were already so many fines from the flares and pitch invasions but they knew people would go on at the end. It's LOI standard. They just wanted to say that they did everything to avoid it I think. Once I was told that there was definitely nothing at the end of the game I pegged it down to the pitch as fast as I could Haha

As far as music on the Camac goes, I have set decibel levels on the PA to stick by and I wasn't even into the lower end of that and there were a rake of complaints from the camac to the point people started bringing ear plugs to games. The PA is a heap of shite but as long as it works for stadium announcements there's no need to change it. You don't technically need music. I just look a pillock if it skips through a song, spikes the volume or just cuts out completely mid song, but John who does the announcements spends over an hour trying to set the balances right pretty much once a month to every other week. I'd say it has him driven spare at this stage.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to HofnerGaz For This Useful Post:

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    One of the unique things about the club is how humble we are. I have never met an arrogant saints fan and from my experience we seem to be realists steeped in trepidation. You could nearly touch the relief when the second goal went in and the place was buzzing at half time. I would normally have been against playing the songs but I think Hofnergaz got the moment just right. It was not disrespectful to Sligo and what it did was capture the moment when a lot of people (including me) realised that we were actually going to do this.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sportsbrother For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    was really disappointed to hear the music at half-time to be honest.

Being 2-0 up at the time didn't justify it

Winning the game which meant we won the league doesn't justify it either.

Thanks
    any chance of world in motion to celebrate Engerland world cup ticket

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Red125 For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    ^^^^^^
    lol

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Basically got every song I could find with the word Champion in them. Some of 'em are weird as fuck Haha I couldn't get Saintmania. John has a load of CD's up there. There's a good chance that it's on one of them.

+ Reply to Thread