+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 41

Thread: Limerick in Thomond.

  1. #1
    Pat Kelch
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 67 Times in 13 Posts

    Limerick in Thomond.

    So what do ye make of having to come to Thomond Park next season? Does the fact that it will be absolutely dead bother ye or are ye just happy with better facilities?

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,470
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 5,876 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Better facilities trump any lack of atmostphere. Not like every game in Jackman was the Rome Derby...
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    John McDonnell
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,311
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 454 Times in 241 Posts
    Limerick are playing in Thomond Park now? Fairplay to them... And we won't have to listen to the homeless shouting about having the best ground in the league now!

  5. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,470
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 5,876 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    And we won't have to listen to the homeless shouting about having the best ground in the league now!
    Even without Limerick, Turners Cross is better anyway. Tallaght will be when its finsihed
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,350
    Thanks
    934
    Thanked 844 Times in 502 Posts
    won't be dead when we show up!
    With Bucka to lead us sure no one could beat us!

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saintjoey For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Martin Russell
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Palmerstown
    Posts
    573
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 149 Times in 85 Posts
    great idea , just hope it encourages more people from down there to attend if not will look bad on tv etc ,

  10. #7
    Noel Mernagh
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 68 Times in 30 Posts
    I hope Limerick do well next season (but not as good as us) it will be good for the League and football in Ireland.

  11. #8
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    1,385
    Thanked 1,886 Times in 785 Posts
    I'm really looking forward to our trip to Limerick now (didn't think I would be saying that). There will be big away crowds at most matches now for Limerick because everyone will want to go see a LOI game in Thomand. If they got a decent opening game you could see a very big crowd at it.
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

  12. #9
    John McDonnell
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,237
    Thanks
    1,488
    Thanked 407 Times in 181 Posts
    An away trip to Thomand Park? Fcukin' deadly!

  13. #10
    Curtis Fleming
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    kilkenny
    Posts
    839
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 112 Times in 71 Posts
    Scully gone from Limerick according to foot.ie

  14. #11
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Scully gone alright. Expect MAJOR things from them next season. Offering massive wages and 50 week contracts according to sauces...
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

  15. #12
    Ricky O'Flaherty Rathcoolesaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Co. Laois
    Posts
    1,003
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 315 Times in 154 Posts
    I was in Thomond for a Munster game before, it's a cracking venue and the design is better than tallaght in so far as the noice bounces off each side unlike tallaght were one side can't hear the other. I hope they can get good crowds

  16. #13
    Harry Boland kdjac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Neilstown
    Posts
    5,066
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Doubt both sides would be open, no need for it in this league.

  17. #14
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,350
    Thanks
    934
    Thanked 844 Times in 502 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Scully gone from Limerick according to foot.ie
    he must really hate when clubs get a decent ground
    With Bucka to lead us sure no one could beat us!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to saintjoey For This Useful Post:


  19. #15
    Martin Russell Red125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 212 Times in 87 Posts
    If JP involved everything is possible. Watch this space !

  20. #16
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,582
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red125 View Post
    If JP involved everything is possible. Watch this space !
    New strip for next season for a start.


  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:


  22. #17
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,553
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 651 Posts
    looking forward to this
    Cyril The Judas

  23. #18
    Pat Kelch
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 67 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red125 View Post
    If JP involved everything is possible. Watch this space !
    Hes not unfortunately.

    We wont have the money ye think next season.

  24. #19
    Super Moderator Jimdagym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Balbriggan
    Posts
    4,052
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked 956 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LimerickFan View Post
    Hes not unfortunately.

    We wont have the money ye think next season.
    I dont think you have the money you think.
    There is no emoticon for what I am feeling.

  25. #20
    Mbabazi
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,915
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 898 Times in 378 Posts
    Am I right in saying that the fixtures swap next season? eg. last season we had sligo away twice so next year its only once? So we'll have 2 trips to Limerick as they replaced Monaghan who we were scheduled to play once away. Also does anyone know what date the fixtures were announced last year?

  26. #21
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,470
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 5,876 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by We are the Red Army View Post
    Am I right in saying that the fixtures swap next season? eg. last season we had sligo away twice so next year its only once? So we'll have 2 trips to Limerick as they replaced Monaghan who we were scheduled to play once away. Also does anyone know what date the fixtures were announced last year?
    It was mid Decmeber. 15th/16th.

    it should be the reverse fixtures but who knows with the FAI
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

  27. #22
    Noel Campbell harry potter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cherry Orchard
    Posts
    1,456
    Thanks
    598
    Thanked 534 Times in 258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by We are the Red Army View Post
    Am I right in saying that the fixtures swap next season? eg. last season we had sligo away twice so next year its only once? So we'll have 2 trips to Limerick as they replaced Monaghan who we were scheduled to play once away. Also does anyone know what date the fixtures were announced last year?
    Yes thats how it should go,although you never know with the FAI. In 2013 we should have two games at home and one away to Bohs,Shels,Sligo,Derry and Drogheda,and two games away and one at home to Rovers,Dundalk,Limerick,Cork,Bray and UCD. More away than at home.

  28. #23
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,470
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 5,876 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harry potter View Post
    Yes thats how it should go,although you never know with the FAI. In 2013 we should have two games at home and one away to Bohs,Shels,Sligo,Derry and Drogheda,and two games away and one at home to Rovers,Dundalk,Limerick,Cork,Bray and UCD. More away than at home.
    Thats wrong. We were dues 16 home, 17 away in 2012

    Next year it should be 17 home (2 x Bohs, Derry, Drogs, Dundalk, Shels, Sligo - 1 x Bray, Cork, Limerick, Rovers, UCD)
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

  29. #24
    Noel Campbell harry potter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cherry Orchard
    Posts
    1,456
    Thanks
    598
    Thanked 534 Times in 258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Thats wrong. We were dues 16 home, 17 away in 2012

    Next year it should be 17 home (2 x Bohs, Derry, Drogs, Dundalk, Shels, Sligo - 1 x Bray, Cork, Limerick, Rovers, UCD)
    Yeah I thought of Dundalk and Limerick as replacing Mons! Thats how I got to more away than home! My mistake!

  30. #25
    New Signing
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
    I can see limerick getting 1200- 1500 a week if they play in thomond park, it's located beside moyross and other working class / soccer areas that will be good for the gate. Think limerick could be a sleeping giant. Surprised Roddy didn't get d job

  31. #26
    Harry Boland kdjac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Neilstown
    Posts
    5,066
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newsaint View Post
    I can see limerick getting 1200- 1500 a week if they play in thomond park, it's located beside moyross and other working class / soccer areas that will be good for the gate. Think limerick could be a sleeping giant. Surprised Roddy didn't get d job
    So hano may wanna order one of these.


  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kdjac For This Useful Post:


  33. #27
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Virtual Richmond
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    1,157
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 541 Posts

  34. #28
    Ricky O'Flaherty
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clondalkin
    Posts
    1,177
    Thanks
    1,557
    Thanked 760 Times in 292 Posts
    No need to order buses for Limerick trips. That bus goes from the Red Cow Luas stop all the way at €10 each way. Dublin to Limerick Bus Massive seats, free WiFi, frequent service. I'm sure if you told them you could give them 300-400 customers they'd put on a later bus plus even if not you can hire them out from 15 seat minibuses to full 81 seat double decker coaches.

    Should be a handy one for Limerick to being able to get that up too. They're pretty much at the hub for all Dublin games. Luas to Tallaght takes 5-10 minutes, Luas up to us or the 13 right to the door. 13 straight over to Shels, Luas or 13 to O'Connell/Abbey Street and the walk to Dalymount. Hopefully means they'll have a decent away support up here.
    Give Pat Dolan a job down there. See if he actually is as good at marketing as it seems or if he's a pure spoofer as most expect. He's got all the facilities he shites on about. See if he can get people through the door.

  35. #29
    Dinny Lowry Cian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,065
    Thanks
    1,269
    Thanked 726 Times in 368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HofnerGaz View Post
    No need to order buses for Limerick trips. That bus goes from the Red Cow Luas stop all the way at 10 each way. Dublin to Limerick Bus Massive seats, free WiFi, frequent service. I'm sure if you told them you could give them 300-400 customers they'd put on a later bus plus even if not you can hire them out from 15 seat minibuses to full 81 seat double decker coaches.

    Should be a handy one for Limerick to being able to get that up too. They're pretty much at the hub for all Dublin games. Luas to Tallaght takes 5-10 minutes, Luas up to us or the 13 right to the door. 13 straight over to Shels, Luas or 13 to O'Connell/Abbey Street and the walk to Dalymount. Hopefully means they'll have a decent away support up here.
    Give Pat Dolan a job down there. See if he actually is as good at marketing as it seems or if he's a pure spoofer as most expect. He's got all the facilities he shites on about. See if he can get people through the door.
    Bus Eireann bus with no drink? Get up out of that.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Cian For This Useful Post:


  37. #30
    Administrator charliesboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    715
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 182 Times in 86 Posts
    Phil Brown linked with them today in the Indo.....could be interesting from a media coverage point of view particularly if he comes our with stuff like this

    http://www.joe.ie/football/videos/au...inge-0029724-1

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts