+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MLB Postseason

Patrons
    Thanks

MLB Postseason

anyone watching the Baseball postseason games the first year I have watched it and found them interesting so far particularly the one off wild card games.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    Start watching MLB a few years ago when I got ESPN America. Still struggle with some of the rules, but an enjoyable game to watch. Haven't seen much of the play off games yet, chose the NY Mets as "my team" so they tend to never get that far Also look out for the Milwaukee Brewers, my manager is from there and is a huge fan

Patrons
    Thanks
    Still struggle with some of the rules
    same with myself id say its the equivalent of not understanding the offside rule but doesn't get in my way of enjoying the sport I find their fascination with stats interesting aswell .

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,849 Times in 2,614 Posts
    I get the rules, I just find the games too long and boring.
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    I get the rules
    Infield fly rule is a tricky one to get it can be controversial like the wild card game the other night, id defiantly agree that the games are too long as is the regular season its a game from another era where people had nowhere else to be or tv's computer etc its surprising that it has lasted in its current form in modern america.

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I get the rules, I just find the games too long and boring.
    I love baseball and have been watching the post season but have to agree. It's different when you're at a game but it can be arduous to watch an entire game on tv. I usually tend to flick back and forth for the first few innings. Baseball Tonight is great though. Also, I get most of the rules, it's all the acronyms involved in the stats I don't get. Even the players have admitted they don't most of them. It was ages before I even knew what RBI stood for.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,849 Times in 2,614 Posts
    Yeah, the its made for stats, but I don't think you nee to know what WAR or BABIP is to 'get' the game.

Like most sports, if its a big game and really tight, the tension makes the game pretty exciting. But I'd have it at the bottom of the US sports if I was ranking them
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

+ Reply to Thread