+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exam Cram

Pat Kelch
    Thanks

Exam Cram

Best of luck to all starting tomorrow, I was in yor position last year and its a distatn memory now.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,240 Times in 429 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patlovespats View Post
    Best of luck to all starting tomorrow, I was in yor position last year and its a distatn memory now.
    How did the English exam go?

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Templer View Post
    How did the English exam go?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to augustiner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If you fail your exams you are fucked,all that shit the teachers said about it being the most important exam was true! All this 'its not that important' was a lie to make you less nervous.Failure and your are screwed! Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to harry potter For This Useful Post:

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by harry potter View Post
    If you fail your exams you are fucked,all that shit the teachers said about it being the most important exam was true! All this 'its not that important' was a lie to make you less nervous.Failure and your are screwed! Good luck!
    What a dreadful attempt at trolling. There are back doors into everything these days. Access programmes, one-year diplomas and degree extensions and even if you completely fuck up and bomb it, you just go to Rathmines and sit the final year of the course again, only this time in a more structured, college-style environment. Few naggins Harry, be grand.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ó'Nualláin View Post
    What a dreadful attempt at trolling. There are back doors into everything these days. Access programmes, one-year diplomas and degree extensions and even if you completely fuck up and bomb it, you just go to Rathmines and sit the final year of the course again, only this time in a more structured, college-style environment. Few naggins Harry, be grand.
    Hook line and sinker

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Hook line and sinker
    Not really. Took me all of 30 seconds to call you on a dreadful obvious troll.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ó'Nualláin View Post
    Not really. Took me all of 30 seconds to call you on a dreadful obvious troll.
    Well I posted that comment,looking for someone to bite,and I got it,and as you say in 30 seconds! So hook line and sinker just about describes it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 665 Posts
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

12. The Following User Says Thank You to St. Robbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If you fail, there's always kdjac.
    One love *** One club

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tom the gom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tom the gom View Post
    If you fail, there's always kdjac.
    brilliant!

*saves kdjacs number*

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClondalkinSaint93 View Post
    brilliant!

*saves kdjacs number*
    You fucking texted me before the leaving!!!!

Harry did you fail your leaving? Where do you work ?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kdjac For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    Harry did you fail your leaving? Where do you work ?
    Failed ordinary Maths,A1 honours in Business and B1 in higher Geography,not that I gloat or anything! I could have went on into college through PLC courses but it wasnt for me.I work for Tesco as a compliance manager,so incase you think I just stack shelves on 20 hours for a living then your mistaken (thats what the comment above seemed to imply to me anyway,sorry if I was wrong).
    I have a career,good salary and flexible hours meaning I can make most games,I also have no student debt and the management course I did to get my position is pretty much the same I would have done in college.Just proves you dont need a college degree to get on!
    Last edited by harry potter; 7th June 2012 at 01:55 AM.

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    for those doing the leaving I got 570, then lost my way in college took me 6 years to do a 3 year course, now im in my phd with people that started in a plc. So just relax even come August its not the end of the world, You will be amazed how far hard work and enthusiasm will get ya

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    .Just proves you dont need a college degree to get on!
    Every little helps though.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BiggyRotten For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyRotten View Post
    Every little helps though.
    Exactly, show me the person whose career prospects were diminished by having qualifications. Stats show that those with university/college degrees are three times less likely to be long term unemployed in this country than those without (and that includes all the wasters who did Arts ).

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    for those doing the leaving I got 570, then lost my way in college took me 6 years to do a 3 year course, now im in my phd with people that started in a plc. So just relax even come August its not the end of the world, You will be amazed how far hard work and enthusiasm will get ya
    Most sensible thing posted here. Third level is 90% about putting in the effort - if you've got the smarts to get yourself into a course, you're good enough to qualify in it so long as you work at it (which does entail compromise and sacrifices). I took a 'leisurely' route through college myself and it was only after pissing about for 3 years in a Diploma course (by which time I'd only passed first year) that I got serious about it. Never failed another exam after that (ended up with an Honours Degree in Computer Science) and it's not as if I suddenly grew more brains all of a sudden.

To anyone doing the exams this week, give it your best but it really isn't the end of the world if it doesn't work out as you'd hoped. You've got all the time in the world to put it right and there are courses aplenty out there.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Echo what has been said in previous post. Never went to college till I was 39, done a part time Diploma, now back full time studying for hopefully a degree at 44!!!!. If you put your mind to it, even with any type of a leaving cert you can get a course. Once on the course give it your best shot, it may open doors that otherwise were closed.

And most of all good luck over the next few weeks but your whole life is not depended on them
    WWS - Remembered Always

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    I work for Tesco as a compliance manager,so incase you think I just stack shelves on 20 hours for a living then your mistaken
    I see no difference between the 2, a job is a job regardless of what you do.

Dont see the leaving as being as important as some people make it out to be. All college i did was at night and paid for by myself, turned out to be not worth a fuck in the end.

Thanks
    I'm in college at the minute and yis are all making me feel shite about it !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    I see no difference between the 2, a job is a job regardless of what you do.

Dont see the leaving as being as important as some people make it out to be. All college i did was at night and paid for by myself, turned out to be not worth a fuck in the end.
    My point was that even though I didnt go onto college,ive still built a career for myself! I got a good LC bar Maths,which meant Id had to have done PLC courses for 2/3 years to get into college,tried one and didnt like it,so set out to build a career for myself! Proves the LC is overhyped.

Also,the majority of the lads who did the LC with me have gone onto college and are either unemployed or cant get a job after 3 years of college.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post

To anyone doing the exams this week, give it your best but it really isn't the end of the world if it doesn't work out as you'd hoped. You've got all the time in the world to put it right and there are courses aplenty out there.
    Its a pity that the teachers in schools cant tell the students this isnt it,rather than scaremongering them into thinking you will get nowhere if you have a bad LC

Patrons
    Thanks
    As a friend of mine said about college - I hated school, I don't know why I thought I'd like college (as he dropped out after a few months)

Got a job, matured a little and went back in his early 20's to study

College isn't just about books and smarts- a huge amount is timing.

Good luck all- especially those just finished college exams and looking for work!

Thanks
    Best of luck to everybody who's in the process of exams atm. It's not all bad and will be over in no time! The importance of the LC is definitely over-hype and becomes irrelevant very quickly.

To be fair though if I had been bothered about getting a good LC I would be in a much better position now. After a year of college that I hated, I went for an apprenticeship. That was great for a while but there is very little work now as everyone knows. For the last 2 years I've been unable to gain permanent employment so I've decided to go back to college in September to do something I felt I wasn't good enough to do at 17. I guess a small bit of maturity brings confidence.

Hopefully, just hopefully, I'll have my degree by the time I'm 30!!
    Last edited by saintkev; 7th June 2012 at 10:38 PM.
    Dublin is Red and White.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to saintkev For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If you don't get enough points, be grand. PLC then onto a degree or whatever is always an option. There's a fella in my class in college and he'll be 62 by the time he's done!! So all hope is not lost
    WATRA

+ Reply to Thread