+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 Irish Open

Thanks

3 Irish Open

Starts this thursday. Pretty good prize money but not a great field.
    Only gonna have 2 bets.
    Francesco Molinari e/w @ 18's (Quarter odds, First 6 Powers) such a great player. Very straight hitter of the ball, and very solid off the tee. If his putter is hot I think he will walk this.
    The other bet is Robert Rock to be top GB & I player at 33's (quarter odds first 4, Powers). He's been threatening a big win lately and I think this is a lot better value than the 50's to win outright.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Dont think 7/1 for Mcilroy is good Value at all, great shout on Molinari Jim, been playing some fantastic golf recently.
    Going to do B dredge e/w at 40's (Gotta do well to push hard for Ryder cup team/captains picks)
    And Clarke em at 33's just because he's coming into form recently and seems to be enjoying his golf again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by red-army View Post
    Dont think 7/1 for Mcilroy is good Value at all, great shout on Molinari Jim, been playing some fantastic golf recently.
    Going to do B dredge e/w at 40's (Gotta do well to push hard for Ryder cup team/captains picks)
    And Clarke em at 33's just because he's coming into form recently and seems to be enjoying his golf again
    I said it before, I am a big fan and would love to see him play himself into a ryder cup spot. He'd need a big win and a good place though, Total prize pool of 3 mill this weekend. Thats one of the highest on the European tour. Only 8 of the worlds top 50 are bothering to play in it. Anyone who does not try and make up ground on the Ryder cup by not playing in these events should not get a captains pick IMO. Miss the cut, but at least bother your hole showing up.

Thanks
    G Mac on the Irish open

Forget about Harrington if its a birdie fest,the fella is only really strong in tougher conditions.

McDowell believes record could go at Irish Open

Wednesday July 28 2010

Graeme McDowell believes the European Tour's first-ever 59 is possible this week - just days after he achieved the magic figure for the first time in his life.

The US Open champion was playing with his father, uncle and a friend at the Valley course in Portrush when he had 12 birdies and a bogey.

"I was quite nervous actually - it's like a 147 in snooker, although maybe not quite as good as that," said McDowell today.

"I was sort of trying to put pressure on myself and said I needed to birdie two of the last four.

"Then I got them and needed a par at the 195-yard last. As soon as I hit my five-iron to 12 feet I thought, 'Done it - I'm not going to three-whack from there'.

"The second putt was about six inches and it was a special feeling. I've always dreamt of doing it."

McDowell is now in Killarney for the 3 Irish Open which starts tomorrow, and on a par-71 course measuring 7,161 yards - more than 700 yards longer than the one on which he scored 59 - low scoring is expected, especially after rain today softened it up.

"It could happen," said the Ulsterman on the possibility of someone breaking the Tour record of 60 which has been achieved 14 times.

"If it remains soft and not much wind I think the putting surfaces are good enough - that's the key to shooting very low."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdagym View Post
    Starts this thursday. Pretty good prize money but not a great field.
    Only gonna have 2 bets.
    Francesco Molinari e/w @ 18's (Quarter odds, First 6 Powers) such a great player. Very straight hitter of the ball, and very solid off the tee. If his putter is hot I think he will walk this.
    The other bet is Robert Rock to be top GB & I player at 33's (quarter odds first 4, Powers). He's been threatening a big win lately and I think this is a lot better value than the 50's to win outright.
    Good shout on Robert Rock - joint leader at the minute

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    robert rock has been chucked out for signing his card wrong....nightmare

hard luck jim

Patrons
    Thanks
    I would be Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssed if i was you jim

Thanks
    Seriously - in this day and age in a professional tournament in which each shot is recorded by tv cameras and each match has a designated marker why is there a need for players to sign their cards and not just the marker?

Thanks
    If I ever meet that robert rock he is getting such a punch in the face....
    Put 14 & 15 in the wrong order. Unreal.

Molinari is in on -4, he better win, or there will be fooking blood.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by charliesboots View Post
    Seriously - in this day and age in a professional tournament in which each shot is recorded by tv cameras and each match has a designated marker why is there a need for players to sign their cards and not just the marker?
    I agree, but they try and hold themselves to the highest standard crap, wether its the open, or your weekly singles stapleford, the rules are all the same. The real question ,is how can a professional make such a mistake?

Thanks
    Molinari was disqualified after the first round last year when he was leadings for the same thing

Thanks
    This could bring it full circle, Robert Rock picked up the winners check last year, because he was beaten by the then amateur, Shane Lowry, who cant collect prizes.

Thanks
    Stupid paddy power gave money back on Rock for outright market, buti have to suck it cos I backed him to be top GB & I.

Thanks
    Ross Fisher is 10 under today through 15, Thats incrediblle shooting.
    -12 for the tournie.

G Mac gonna have a weekend off unless he finds a few birdies.

Thanks
    Francesco -5 through 8 and up into second, 3 back.

C'MONNNNNNNNNNN!!!

+ Reply to Thread