+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aintree Day 2

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks

Aintree Day 2

Another fascinating days racing. With the Topham over the national fences, Melling chase and the 3m novice hurdle which in my eyes is the most interesting race of the day.

The reason for this is the return of the unbeaten Fingal Bay. This horse beat Simonsig at Sandown in December and Simonsig trashed the oppositon at Cheltenham. Cotton Mill who ran really well at Cheltenham until he ran out is in oppositon tomorrow and he if he runs to his best well give us a true meaning of Simonsig win at Cheltenham and Fingal Bay. Knock a Hand and Gullinbursti are also interesting runners.

The first two races are fairly weak with Darlan likely to go off favourite, he should win if he runs up to form. In the second race Silvancio Conti and Champion Court look to have it between them. Silvancio Conti went out like a light at Ascot last time granted Nicholls horses were somewhat out of form at the time and he skipped Cheltenham that run would put me off backing him. He stays 3m and ran well in the Feltham at Christmas but they he stopped at Ascot was seriously offputting. Champion Court finished 2nd to Sir Des Champs at Cheltenham and if he has recovered would be my idea of the winner. Join Together would have a chance if the ground was slower and maybe over a longer distance. He also ran poorly at Cheltenham.

The Melling Chase features a clas between Finians rainbow and Albertas Run. Finians Rainbow should stay but Albertas Run has run well here before and seems to run brillantly at this time of year. Its a no bet race for me but I wouldnt be surprised to see Kauto Stone run a decent race either. 2nd to Sizing Europe in December his last two runs have been poor but at his best he could be a top quality horse.

The Topham over the National fences is usually a fast race with a furious gallop set in it. Frankie Figg usually runs well over these fences and has a low weight because of Tartak holding the wights down. Its interesting to see Ruby Walsh has chosen to ride him and should run a good race. Always Waining is going for a hat-trick in this race and should not be ignored while Nikola could run well at a decent price. He has run well over the fences before and has a decent record at the track.

The last two races are a 2m4f hurdle whick looks very trappy and is very hard at this stage to pick a horse in and a mares bumper which i dont like and will be avoiding.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kksaints For This Useful Post:

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Also Grand National Runners were relased today and at the current moment the Favourite is Sychonised the gold cup winner. Very interest to see how the race tomorrow goes over the National fences to give an indication as to the going.

+ Reply to Thread