+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 2011/2012 Snow Thread

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts

The 2011/2012 Snow Thread

As it has begun to snow I thought I'd start this thread

Keep all your "Yay its snowing, school/college is closed" and "FFS it took me 5 hours to get home from work" posts in here
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    The crazy delays have started already. Took me FORTY SECONDS longer than normal to get a cup of tea in work this morning because the two burds in front of me were gasbagging about a text that one of them had just received saying it was snowing in Knocklyon.

It isn't supposed to stick today by the way.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    I had to make a midget snowman due to the scrooge-esque amount of snow this morning. He's dead now. On the plus side, reported cases of paedo snowmen abducting children has decreased this year.

Thanks
    Snow? I've seen more white on the corner of a coin!!
    One love *** One club

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom the gom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I love snow. It makes driving fun.

Thanks
    Couldn't make it to college today. Bus wasn't running. Damn snow.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cian View Post
    Couldn't make it to college today. Bus wasn't running. Damn snow.
    And we have a winner of this winter's "First feeble/bullshit excuse for missing school/college/work".

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Just hope the snow doesn't affect flights and stuff when I'm supposed to fly home for xmas!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antomorro View Post
    Just hope the snow doesn't affect flights and stuff when I'm supposed to fly home for xmas!
    Same here, no snow here at the moment but expecting some in the next week. Was very heavy here this time last year apparently
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Robbie View Post
    Same here, no snow here at the moment but expecting some in the next week. Was very heavy here this time last year apparently
    Ah sure, t'is still grand in Barcelona now anyway

Hopefully we can get home for the xmas anyway man!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyRotten View Post
    I had to make a midget snowman due to the scrooge-esque amount of snow this morning. He's dead now. On the plus side, reported cases of paedo snowmen abducting children has decreased this year.
    They should chop their carrots off, dirty bastards

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    I spent last Christmas sipping mojitos in a Cuban bar with some mates from Dublin who had come over for the week. Our flights were booked for the 22nd. When they were cancelled we re-booked for the 23rd. When they were cancelled we re-booked for Christmas Eve. When they were cancelled we re-booked for Stephen's Day, when we eventually got home.

Word of advice: if the worst comes to the worst steer clear of Dunne's on Via Laetana. No matter how much you want some Turkey and Ham, it's not worth it. Nearly broke my heart eating that shite.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oleguer presas i renom View Post
    I spent last Christmas sipping mojitos in a Cuban bar with some mates from Dublin who had come over for the week. Our flights were booked for the 22nd. When they were cancelled we re-booked for the 23rd. When they were cancelled we re-booked for Christmas Eve. When they were cancelled we re-booked for Stephen's Day, when we eventually got home.

Word of advice: if the worst comes to the worst steer clear of Dunne's on Via Laetana. No matter how much you want some Turkey and Ham, it's not worth it. Nearly broke my heart eating that shite.
    Cheers, I'm just gonna hope for the best to make it home!

Just, eh, what happens when the flights get cancelled, money wise? Are ya just left out of pocket or do they refund the ticket price?

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Cheers, I'm just gonna hope for the best to make it home!

Just, eh, what happens when the flights get cancelled, money wise? Are ya just left out of pocket or do they refund the ticket price?
    I flew with Aer Lingus last year. They allow you to re-book your flight and you can claim for legitimate expenses so long as you keep a receipt. Obviously, they decide what's legitimate and waht's not. I didn't claim for anything but one of my mates did. They covered the cost of food and drink for the days he had to spend here. I'm not sure about his hotel. But I've already decided if I'm stranded again I'm going to live it up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oleguer presas i renom View Post
    I flew with Aer Lingus last year. They allow you to re-book your flight and you can claim for legitimate expenses so long as you keep a receipt. Obviously, they decide what's legitimate and waht's not. I didn't claim for anything but one of my mates did. They covered the cost of food and drink for the days he had to spend here. I'm not sure about his hotel. But I've already decided if I'm stranded again I'm going to live it up.
    Hope I get stuck so ha

No not really, very little chance of it happening here unless it buckets down. Much snow in Dublin???
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    No. Tiny bit yesterday and not much expected for the next couple of weeks. You'll all be grand travelling lads
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    I got stuck in Geneva a few years and had to wait two days before getting another flight. It was easyjet and they were half decent, booked us on the other flight free of charge and then told us they'd put us up, we'd just needed to keep a receipt. My workmates decided to book into the fanciest hotels in Geneva when i wanted to grab a hostel, it cost us about €250 for the night! The next night we stayed in a hostel night for about €20. Easyjet stumped up €90, said they'd only cover one nights accommodation and that it was capped at €90. They ended up giving everyone different compensation, some people ended up with full compensation, thick the feckers were rewarding the people who had flown with them regularly.

Moral of the story, don't trust airlines and get some half decent insurance!

+ Reply to Thread