Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    For the record here's what Gallagher said a month ago

http://t.co/7nLyqSrh
    he's clearly a lying FF bastard. Is there any other type of FF'er though
    Cyril The Judas

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1025/president.html

and here is what he said today, not much of a difference.

Morgan a mcguiness are the ones talking about phone calls and visits to homes and business.

It boils down to who you believe. I believe gallagher. If you want to believe mcguinness and morgan taking into account their past, then fire away.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    It boils down to : Is gallagher cut from the same cloth as the cute whore businesmen and politicians within Fianna Fail during the recent past. All the evidence IMO points to the answer being, YES. Therefore I for one will not be casting my vote in favour of Mr Gallagher.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    But what has Morgan to gain? He's hardly buddies with SF if he's donating to FF?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 451 Posts
    Why cant whoever wants to win concentrate on why they should win instead of why others shouldnt

If this came out about Dana no one would give a bollox its only because Gallagher is winning which is dirty tactics
    - Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now

Thanks
    But what has Morgan to gain? He's hardly buddies with SF if he's donating to FF?
    No idea. But he ruins a business in dundalk and is helping sinn fein so I could hazard a guess

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    Please don't let Gallagher near the Park,a front for the MaFFia.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seanyboy For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hano View Post
    Why cant whoever wants to win concentrate on why they should win instead of why others shouldnt

If this came out about Dana no one would give a bollox its only because Gallagher is winning which is dirty tactics
    Dana had her passport thing came out. Norris and his letters looking for his ex-fella to be treated better. davis and her FF quangos. Mitchell and his fruitloop ideas

Dirt has come out on all them. You're voting on a head of state, charachter is the most important thing IMO

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post
    No idea. But he ruins a business in dundalk and is helping sinn fein so I could hazard a guess
    Same reason he gave Gallagher a cheque for €5k I'd imagine. which is the point

Thanks
    Same reason he gave Gallagher a cheque for €5k I'd imagine. which is the point
    Lol. What makes you think he gave gallagher a cheque for 5k.

Oh yeah the tax dodging fuel smuggler told the murderer. .....which is the point

Thanks
    in fairness to gallagher he never denied that of the last 30 years he spent 8 of them helping and being a board member or whatever way they put it to FF
    but has always claimed to be an independent candidate which he too is
    what threw him last night was the fact that a fake tweet came in from some sick shinners and pat kenny or rte never even checked it out before saying it to over a million people on air . yes gallagher had a wobble last night but only that , what i heard of him today he cleared everything up and i for one believe him ..............will i vote for him .........im still undecided ...

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mad dog View Post
    in fairness to gallagher he never denied that of the last 30 years he spent 8 of them helping and being a board member or whatever way they put it to FF
    but has always claimed to be an independent candidate which he too is
    what threw him last night was the fact that a fake tweet came in from some sick shinners and pat kenny or rte never even checked it out before saying it to over a million people on air . yes gallagher had a wobble last night but only that , what i heard of him today he cleared everything up and i for one believe him ..............will i vote for him .........im still undecided ...
    He was a member of FF for 30 years and didn't leave the party until long after the writing was on the wall. He is the de facto FF candidate.

Administrator
    Thanks
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...8.html?via=rel

Vincent Browne lashed into him too

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 740 Posts
    I'd take a Freedom Fighter who's not in it for the money over some sleazy brown envelope Fianna Failer anyday. It's the one thing you'll get with Sinn Féin, in it for the people, not the greed. You can throw around 'murderers' all you want, but none of us had to live with the shite they had to so get off the pot. Innocent people died? Yep. On both sides. Look at any war and you'll get innocent deaths. Was he in the Army Council of Óglaigh na hÉireann? Probably. So what? What's the difference in planning campaigns and actually carrying them out? Is one more to 'blame' than the other? Were the German soldiers any less to blame than their Commanders? So it's a case of whether people can accept him as the person that's portrayed or not. What he was in Óglaigh na hÉireann is irrelevant, and vote with all the facts in mind.

The only person I'd rather see than Martin McGuinness is Michael D. The rest are an embarrassment. We don't need Seán Gallagher, we've had about 6 FF Presidents, that's waaaaay to many as far as I'm concerned. Martin McGuinness will be getting my vote.
    19 NEVER RELEGATED 29

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Palmerstown Saint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    To be fair PS, you cannot say mcguinness'ess history is not relevant. It's perfectly fine if it's not relevant to you. We all have a vote and the freedom to decide that for ourselves. Isn't that what everyone died for?

Patrons
    Thanks
    Lol. What makes you think he gave gallagher a cheque for 5k.

Oh yeah the tax dodging fuel smuggler told the murderer. .....which is the point
    And FF head office confirmed they'd received the cheque.....which is even more the point.

Forget McGuinness, he's no longer relevant to this election as he hasn't a chance of winning it. It all comes down to whether people want a FF bagman to be elected head of state as a reward for drumming up brown envelopes for the party that destroyed the country.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Nightdub For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub View Post
    It all comes down to whether people want a FF bagman to be elected head of state as a reward for drumming up brown envelopes for the party that destroyed the country.
    well said

extra words... Gallagher's a cunt
    Cyril The Judas

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mad dog View Post
    yes gallagher had a wobble last night but only that , what i heard of him today he cleared everything up and i for one believe him ..............will i vote for him .........im still undecided ...
    Seriously? Never mind the 5k cheque thing - I'm betting Gallagher's delighted that's what the media are focussing on. Two GAA clubs have claimed they paid him money to make sure they got government grants and Gallagher hasn't denied this. Think about that for a minute. Sports clubs of all descriptions from all over the country submit applications for grants to upgrade their facilities. Official policy is that each application is based on its own merits and the money - which comes entirely from taxpayers and those playing the National Lottery don't forget - is divided out on that basis. He was a central cog of a scheme which bypassed those provisions and instead ensured that these grants were given to those who engaged in bribing him and/or Fianna Fail. He has also declined to say if he gained personally from this arrangement. And we're not talking small amounts here - grants for 6 and 7 figures were issued on this basis. Are you honestly telling me you feel that is acceptable behaviour for a Presidential candidate to have been involved in? And don't give me the "they're all at it" line unless you can point me to anybody claiming that Higgins or Mitchell were involved in anything similar.
    Last edited by Gaz; 26th October 2011 at 09:53 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    no gaz the likelyhood is i wont but who will get my vote im undecided on , but i did and do like him as a businessman, dragen or a person , but not as a FF liar or our next president

Thanks
    Turns out Morgan now says it could have been FF's Seamus Kirk that rang him and not Gallagher....and he cant find the letter that Gallagher delivered to him.....and 3 of the business men he said were there with him have confirmed they werent there....and he wont answer his phone

Newspaper must love gullible gobshites who believe everything they print

Administrator
    Thanks
    Turns out Morgan now says it could have been FF's Seamus Kirk that rang him and not Gallagher....and he cant find the letter that Gallagher delivered to him.....and 3 of the business men he said were there with him have confirmed they werent there....and he wont answer his phone
    few not answering phones alright.

Whether Morgan is involved or not is completely irellevent. McGuinness basically got Gallagher to contradict his lies. He said he didn't make calls. He then admitted he did. he said he didn't ask for doantions. He then said he did.

Who he called isn't the issue.

And as gaz pointed out, the issue realted to charging 5k (same figure as FF donations) for submitting grant applications is a bgger issue

As is the fact he tried to defraud Louth County Enterprise Board of 20k (punts)

As is the fact he was working for the D/Enterprise when it gave his company a grant of several hundred thousand euro 9ahead of competitors)

As is the fact that he was unable/unwilling to answer dozens of questions on his business interests put to him over the past couple of days (and in writing from the IT from last week)

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts

As a matter of interest, how do you defend Gallagher's role in the GAA grants issue?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    As a matter of interest, how do you defend Gallagher's role in the GAA grants issue?
    I dont. I'm defending his role in the cheque issue, where it quite obvious he is being stitched up.

People are obviously getting very defensive because they have had the wool pulled over their eyes by sinn fein and a crook from dundalk.

Thanks
    Whether he made all the calls or not is immaterial.
    its amazing what has all of a sudden become immaterial

If he's that big a criminal, why was Gallagher ringing and asking him to donate to FF?
    Whether he collected the cheque or not must be immaterial too now that it seems to be bullshit

Gallagher still got a cheque for 5k for FF for arranging a meeting with the taoiseach, and went out to collect it himself

Administrator
    Thanks
    You brought up the criminal thing. I was only replying to that. Morgan being a criminal wasn't the issue for me

And if this
    Gallagher still got a cheque for 5k for FF for arranging a meeting with the taoiseach, and went out to collect it himself
    was changed to this
    Gallagher still got a cheque for 5k for FF for arranging a meeting with the taoiseach
    then you'd have the kernal of the problem.

Does the fact he didn't go out to collect the cheque himself make him less involved? Probably

Does it mean he wasn't findraising for FF? No

And don't forget, gallagher said himself he 'may have' gone to houses/business to collect cheques. Before backtracking and saying he was only delivering photos. before backtracking again and not being able to recall doing that.

Thanks
    Gallagher still got a cheque for 5k for FF for arranging a meeting with the taoiseach

But both of these statements are wrong it now seems. Gallagher says he never recieved the cheque.

It is simply not possible to believe Morgan and Mcguinness now as their story has more holes in it than mountbattens boat

Administrator
    Thanks
    But both of these statements are wrong it now seems. Gallagher says he never recieved the cheque.
    He got the cheque for FF. Whether your man posted it, or hand delivered it to Gallagher/Kirk or got someone to collect it doesn't matter to me

It is simply not possible to believe Morgan and Mcguinness now as their story has more holes in it than mountbattens boat
    As many holes as gallagher's story. I won't be voting for McGuinness. Couldn't bring myself to acknowledge the twat

My whole thing here is to highlight what a slimebag FFer Gallagher is.

Thanks

Any source for this? I can't find anything online and there's no mention on politics.ie which is normally on the ball for this sort of stuff.

Thanks
    I honestly dont know what you mean by he "got it"

just to answer this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-criminal.html

34. The Following User Says Thank You to saintly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by charliesboots View Post
    Any source for this? I can't find anything online and there's no mention on politics.ie which is normally on the ball for this sort of stuff.
    todays daily mail.

The were meeting with morgan all last week with a view to running the story in the mail on sunday. Then they met with morgan a few times to get the proof of his claims (letters, bank statements etc) and his story disintigrated

+ Reply to Thread