+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean O Connor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    All's I'd ask is as usual, regardless of his previous get behind him when he pulls on the shirt.
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlanMc For This Useful Post:

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    Is it confirmed? if so i'l get behind him 100%. I know he wasnt the best player we ever had but i do remember that cracker out in Belfield, plus Anto has been pure muck all season so he could be a good option out on the right

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    In pete we trust.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kdjac For This Useful Post:

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    A friend of mine is a limerick supporter. He has told me that O'Connor is very unpopular in Limerick. He is not fit enough, out of condition Michael Keane style, and they are very frustrated with him. He is not worth having in the team. That was their fans words. No hassle from me over the agro in Richer. He is not good enough don't want him.

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    That was Mickey Keane was it not? As some one said earlier in the thread could be good option from the bench, Anto has been terrible all season

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Bermo is on fucking fire simply cos Carroll sitting on the bench, if this has the same effect on Murphy its win win.

Cant see O Connor fucking about he knows this is last chance to play football.

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by see View Post
    A friend of mine is a limerick supporter. He has told me that O'Connor is very unpopular in Limerick. He is not fit enough, out of condition Michael Keane style, and they are very frustrated with him. He is not worth having in the team. That was their fans words. No hassle from me over the agro in Richer. He is not good enough don't want him.
    Got absolutely abused last 2 times he played for us he is a complete waster can tell he doesnt care one bit..Never been so happy to see someone leave.

Paul Osam
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LimerickFan View Post
    Got absolutely abused last 2 times he played for us he is a complete waster can tell he doesnt care one bit..Never been so happy to see someone leave.
    The exact words a few Shels fans said to me when Doyler joined us and look how that turned out. I say give him a chance.
    And maybe a chance for a second... AND IT IS! IT'S ALL OVER! PATS HAVE WON THE CUP!

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by We are the Red Army View Post
    The exact words a few Shels fans said to me when Doyler joined us and look how that turned out. I say give him a chance.
    I think he will be better with ye being honest cos he will care more playing for ye he didnt fancy it against teams like Athlone and Salthill and dont think he liked playing for Limerick.

Patrons
    Thanks
    In all respect to Limerick- zayed, Paisley, o Neill amongst others were fucking shite for fingal when in div 1 (complacency)

Clever move by PM- probably being paid nothing and will add a different element that we don't have- he will have alot to prove and I'd guess will work his bollix off to make something of it.

Let bygones be bygones- if he gives his all for us and performs im happy.

Welcome back soccy- was a saint fan once, fulfilled his dreams to play for us but went off the boil a bit when he thought he was ronaldo.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Caolan For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LimerickFan View Post
    I think he will be better with ye being honest cos he will care more playing for ye he didnt fancy it against teams like Athlone and Salthill and dont think he liked playing for Limerick.
    + the Peter Mahon factor- how many players from other clubs have blossomed here die to Peres motivation and organisation

Patrons
    Thanks
    Stewart has seemed to go backwards this year having shown somw promise last year.
    It is still unknown how Coughlan will do when fully fit but he was very good before the injury.
    Signing someone like O Connor for the rest of the season is a worthwhile signing IMO he was decent for us before, and terrible at times too I suppose, but he has plenty of experience in the league and might just give us that extra option out wide that we need.

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    wouldnt be my cup of tea in a million years but ive been wrong about pete mahon signings too many times so im just going to assume its a masterstroke.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Hes a Pats player now, and he will get my support because of this. Dont llike him but thats incidental to the big picture, Agree that he will be in the last chance saloon and should bust a gut to get back to his best. In Pete we trust, onwards and upwards.

Thanks
    Has this been confirmed?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdagym View Post
    Has this been confirmed?
    he confirmed it on his facebook page yesterday!

he did well for us,but then thought he was better than he actually was!

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRFC_1 View Post

he did well for us,but then thought he was better than he actually was!
    seems to happen to him a lot.

the lad is a cunt
    Cyril The Judas

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSaintsno.12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 740 Posts
    IF it has been confirmed, and as yet I don't think it has (I could be wong), it's a terrible signing. For a number of reasons.

Firstly, Dracula has better crosses than Seán.

Secondly, the shit that went on in the stand, I'm sorry, but I have a long memory and shit like that doesn't sit well with me. Would people have taken Dave (Fatso) Campbell back? No. So this should be no different.

Thirdly, he has two dodgey knees, he didn't even know if he could keep playing football (and I use that term very loosely), and lastly his attitude in Limerick was appalling, I don't know about anyone elses, but in any walk of life I've always tried to do my best, I expect the same of players that have the PRIVILEGE to play for our club.

Rant over.
    19 NEVER RELEGATED 29

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 451 Posts
    he's great mates with a lot of our players so attitude wont be a problem, maybe he just didnt like limerick

trust pete's signings so welcome back soccy
    - Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hano For This Useful Post:

Noel Campbell
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtiessaint View Post
    in fairness,he put Simon Templer in his place
    Ha ha. I've thought about it and I would gladly sign any bastard if it helped us win something. Thought Doyler was a dreadful signing and look at him now. I'd be prepared to give him a chance if he puts in the effort.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hano View Post
    he's great mates with a lot of our players so attitude wont be a problem, maybe he just didnt like limerick

trust pete's signings so welcome back soccy
    Each to their own. He's not welcome back by me, no more than GOC was. I won't slate him if he signs, but I'll choose as is my right, not to actively support him.
    19 NEVER RELEGATED 29

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Palmerstown Saint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmerstown Saint View Post
    Each to their own. He's not welcome back by me, no more than GOC was. I won't slate him if he signs, but I'll choose as is my right, not to actively support him.
    regardless of how he plays or what attitude he shows?

Packie Lynch
    Thanks
    he was a cunt before during the kenna days, pete doesnt take shit, he knows what hes doin maybe hes just there as a sub doubt he be paid anyways prob on amatuer contract its win win situation
    Liam Buckleys red and White Army

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 460 Posts
    Sean O'Connor is a cunt, but ya know what?

Mahon is an even bigger Cunt, he'll whip him into the right attitude.

In Mahon we Trust!

Patrons
    Thanks
    soc wasnt with pats during kenna years

Dinny Lowry
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjoey View Post
    jonny mac got rid of him before kenna, saying that he got rid of fahey aswell and when he came back for a second time he worked wonders

his attitude towards our fans was shocking at times so he really needs to redeem himself this time around, reminds me of when dave rogers signed, he took a bit of time to win over the fans after spending so long being a cunt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjoey View Post
    think he meant GOC
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    As someone already said hell improve our squad cause he is better than Anto Murphy.... Anto is shocking

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyintallaght View Post
    he was a cunt before during the kenna days, pete doesnt take shit, he knows what hes doin maybe hes just there as a sub doubt he be paid anyways prob on amatuer contract its win win situation
    This is it for me, I think Soccy is a terrible terrible player but Pete takes no shit, If he's not trying he wont get near our team and no harm done, If anyone can get a player playing well in the league its Pete and John
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

Martin Russell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathfarnham_Saint View Post
    This is it for me, I think Soccy is a terrible terrible player but Pete takes no shit, If he's not trying he wont get near our team and no harm done, If anyone can get a player playing well in the league its Pete and John
    No harm done except that he'll be getting a wage from an already stretched budget. Don't anyone believe for a second that he'll be joining for nothing, for a start the minimum wage applies in football in the same way as it does elsewhere, the PFAI have reminded clubs of that fact.

Maybe if he came into section E just before the start of the next home game and apologised for his last visit there I and a few others might feel a little differently about him. I'd be very surprised to see it happen though.

+ Reply to Thread