+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bray v Liverpool u18s

John McDonnell
    Thanks

Bray v Liverpool u18s

Typical "irish" supporters. Bray v Pool packed out, and vast majority supporting: Guess who???

Peter Carpenter NoAlCalcioModerno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Did they remove the seating and replace it with barstools for the day?
    THE SEI.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoAlCalcioModerno For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    fair play to bray,big money spinner for them

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    No, they installed extra seats behind the goal and sold them all.

Also announced a link up between joeys, bray and Liverpool

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    No, they installed extra seats behind the goal and sold them all.

Also announced a link up between joeys, bray and Liverpool
    its brilliant for them, they will probably get a friendly every year from them and maybe get liverpools 1st team over too massive deal for them imo

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjoey View Post
    its brilliant for them, they will probably get a friendly every year from them and maybe get liverpools 1st team over too massive deal for them imo
    Agree with this, could even potentially attract younger players to Bray.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    More to do with Kenny Dalglish being Pat 'the gangster' Devlin's buddy. Every time Kenny gets a gig his lapdog is in tow.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Nil all at half time...

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Robbie View Post
    Nil all at half time...
    Finished 1 each, lots of subs used by both, 20 Euro in, nice work if you can get it...

Thanks
    met a load of Liverstool fans in the boozer last night that were at this ,they were jizzing on about how amazing Raheem Sterling was and how he was going to be the Player that lights up the premiership this year and will have them challenging for the title (it was the first time they had seen him)!!,deluded idiots also were a little disappointed Suarez and Carroll wernt playing for the Liver Xl as they appeared on the posters all around Bray and in the paper ,......well done Wanderers ...cha-ching!!!!snigger!!

sterling does look decent ,Man city passed on him a few seasons ago QPR wanted too much for him,which makes ya wonder ,from clips ive seen reminds me a bit of Tony Daley from Villa back in the day,might be legit but these Stoolers were just tools.

Last edited by SVM; 20th July 2011 at 12:47 AM.

Noel Mernagh
    Thanks
    A youtube montage of Kavo would piss all over that and most others for what its worth.

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SVM View Post
    met a load of Liverstool fans in the boozer last night that were at this ,they were jizzing on about how amazing Raheem Sterling was and how he was going to be the Player that lights up the premiership this year and will have them challenging for the title (it was the first time they had seen him)!!,deluded idiots also were a little disappointed Suarez and Carroll wernt playing for the Liver Xl as they appeared on the posters all around Bray and in the paper ,......well done Wanderers ...cha-ching!!!!snigger!!

sterling does look decent ,Man city passed on him a few seasons ago QPR wanted too much for him,which makes ya wonder ,from clips ive seen reminds me a bit of Tony Daley from Villa back in the day,might be legit but these Stoolers were just tools.

He's a very good prospect but i wouldn't go as far lighting up the premiership, most exciting young player on Liverpools books along with Suso (Jesus Fernandez). Might get one or two appearances in the first team this season but will eb based with the under 18's mostly, the lads 16 and still in school.

Don't understand how anyone can be stupid enough to think Luis Suarez would play when he's involved with the Copa America at the mo and in the final.

Patrons
    Thanks
    He scored once in the whole video.....

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Conorsaint View Post
    He scored once in the whole video.....
    Yeah, but he scored five crackers in an fa youth cup match last season at anfield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6S2tCkY0M
    Last edited by saintflub; 21st July 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Patrons
    Thanks
    looks like a decent player,liverpool fans are always going on about him on there forums

Colm Foley
    Thanks
    barstoller in work is tryin to tell this kid has signed on loan to bray haha

Thanks
    Liverpools u18 side are highly rated. Hence the interest in them here i suppose. Watched them a few times in academy games and its the same old story. Get the ball get rid of it. The natural talent these kids have will be coached out of them.
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Liverpools u18 side are highly rated. Hence the interest in them here i suppose
    Nothing got to do with their talent/potential. I'd say 90% at the games here couldn't tell you anything about their players. Villareal are highly rated at there was 800 (mostly spanish) at their game in UCD

People went to see brand liverpool. Nothing else

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:

SVM

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Liverpools u18 side are highly rated. Hence the interest in them here i suppose. Watched them a few times in academy games and its the same old story. Get the ball get rid of it. The natural talent these kids have will be coached out of them.
    A mate of mine is the fitness coach for the under 18's, and talking to him fairly often about the academy i can tell you straight out that that is not the case. The technical director of Liverpool is Josep (Pep) Segura, formerly of Barcelona, he has devised a system along with Kenny Dalglish and Rodolfo Borell (reserves coach this season, u18's last season) that is based on pass and move football, every team from under 8's through to the Elite development squad (Reserves) play the same system, with the same formation. This system is based on Barcelona's system that has served them very well over the last few years and also on Kenny's system from the 87/88season. So all in all, if a kid wants a good development, Liverpool FC isn't a bad choice at the moment.

Thanks
    when was it a bad choice to sign for Liverpool ever for a kid? all the top clubs have fantastic development progams ,Liverpools is one of the best in the world,they have fuck all money atm so fans are paying extra attention in the youth teams because the club has to find the talent form there somehow .but the whole point was that 90% fans that went to see this youth team at Bray havnt a fucking clue ,and if Bray had come out wearing Liverpool shirts they would still have been raving about them and telling you theres some great prospects coming through.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintflub View Post
    A mate of mine is the fitness coach for the under 18's, and talking to him fairly often about the academy i can tell you straight out that that is not the case. The technical director of Liverpool is Josep (Pep) Segura, formerly of Barcelona, he has devised a system along with Kenny Dalglish and Rodolfo Borell (reserves coach this season, u18's last season) that is based on pass and move football, every team from under 8's through to the Elite development squad (Reserves) play the same system, with the same formation. This system is based on Barcelona's system that has served them very well over the last few years and also on Kenny's system from the 87/88season. So all in all, if a kid wants a good development, Liverpool FC isn't a bad choice at the moment.

I watched everton hammer 4 or 5 past them a few weeks ago and Liverpool couldnt kick snow off a rope. Kinda ironic as the ball had snow on it from going so high. You've kinda hit the nail on the head tho why english academys constantly fail. They should innovate not replicate. Thats why tony carr and the like are so successful. Just read this today....

http://www.leadersinperformance.com/...onal-football/

Im in touch with a couple of academy directors in the uk for something we are working on and to a man they know its going wrong. Even fitness stuff at most of them is based on 90s ideas.
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

Thanks
    when was it a bad choice to sign for Liverpool ever for a kid? all the top clubs have fantastic development progams ,Liverpools is one of the best in the world,they have fuck all money atm so fans are paying extra attention in the youth teams because the club has to find the talent form there somehow .but the whole point was that 90% fans that went to see this youth team at Bray havnt a fucking clue ,and if Bray had come out wearing Liverpool shirts they would still have been raving about them and telling you theres some great prospects coming through.
    Given the current transfer window, the Ond thing you cannot say about Liverpool is that they have fuck all money.

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    I never denied that, I was responding to Alan mac's comment.

+ Reply to Thread