+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2214

Thread: The Random Thread

Noel Campbell
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 440 Posts
    Anyone on here know anyone in the passport office. Passport Expressed it over 2 weeks ago and going away on Sat. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Templer View Post
    Anyone on here know anyone in the passport office. Passport Expressed it over 2 weeks ago and going away on Sat. Any help appreciated.
    I dont know anyone, but they print them in Balbriggan. They are not meant to, but I have collected mine there when I phoned them and explained the story and showed up with plane tickets. You need to sweet talk them though, as they are not meant to.
    There is no emoticon for what I am feeling.

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Templer View Post
    I had this problem 7 years ago. I went into the office and got an emergency passport, which at the time set me back €90-odd I think. No apologies, no explanations. They handed me the flimsiest looking thing I'd ever seen and sent me on my way. I wasn't entirely surprised when the Belgian police thought I was travelling on false documents.

I suppose now it's more expensive but it''s still probably your best bet.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Things have changed completely there in the last 7 years (inclduing the issuing of emergency passports)

Simon PM tuller, he got sorted recently
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    for what its worth and for the future the 10 day express passport is gone, they will still tell you in the post office its 10 days as they still what people to go through them so they can make there few bob, one of the printing machines in the town office got broke in a flood 2-3 years ago and now all the printing is done in balbriggan, so give yourself 4-6 weeks imo....
    formally turnstyler!

Patrons
    Thanks
    As of last year, if you show up to the office in town with flight details you can get it done quite quickly, got mine the day after going in, full 10 year passport, you'll spend the whole morning there the first day though and most of the afternoon the second day. Don't think this applies if you have already posted it off but worth bearing in mind for anyone else

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tuller View Post
    for what its worth and for the future the 10 day express passport is gone, they will still tell you in the post office its 10 days as they still what people to go through them so they can make there few bob, one of the printing machines in the town office got broke in a flood 2-3 years ago and now all the printing is done in balbriggan, so give yourself 4-6 weeks imo....
    Thats not right either to be fair. Its 10 days. Missus gets hers tomorrow.

The printing was always done in Blabriggan (well in last ten years) for passport express application.

Its cheaper to send it through post office than it is through any other method too

All fees here;

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=259

In Hugo's example above that would be €150 for the passport in 3 days.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Thats not right either to be fair. Its 10 days. Missus gets hers tomorrow.

The printing was always done in Blabriggan (well in last ten years) for passport express application.

Its cheaper to send it through post office than it is through any other method too

All fees here;

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=259

In Hugo's example above that would be €150 for the passport in 3 days.
    well thats what i was told by someone in the passport port office when i had hassel in june, and there defo was a printing machine in the town office as well as balbriggan but all the printing is done there now
    formally turnstyler!

Administrator
    Thanks
    I know there was one in Molesworth st, but all passport express applications always went straight to Balbriggan

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    Not going to start a new thread for this but Roddy collins now managing St Mochtas in Senior 1B LSL.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Noel Mernagh View Post
    Not going to start a new thread for this but Roddy collins now managing St Mochtas in Senior 1B LSL.
    But in the star yesterday. Not managing them, just helping the manager out. TV crew following him round for The Rod Squad 2

Manager saying stuff like 'great honour' to have him on board

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Roddy is bleedin great.

Sooner the better he's back in the league in some form

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saintly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Bookies question: can ya put money on clubs go to tits up?
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 Times in 654 Posts
    Manchester United in Galatasaray 1993

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvfFVK6O_4M
    Cyril The Judas

Thanks

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SVM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    Newry City FC are no more

Thanks
    Anto murphy was in me job the other day, he's a plumber.. got dogs abuse. then decided to come into work with his rovers jersey just to piss off me manager.
    Dreamed a dream.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintshead View Post
    Anto murphy was in me job the other day, he's a plumber.. got dogs abuse. then decided to come into work with his rovers jersey just to piss off me manager.
    Doesent do a tap on the pitch:

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dinnylowry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dont you call me len you little prick! you kicked me up the arse!
    Dreamed a dream.

Pat Kelch
    Thanks

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:

Patrons
    Thanks
    LEGAL QUESTION

if someone (not me) was held up in an armed robery in a shop (Spar), are they entitled to anything (€€€€€€€€) ?
    Cyril The Judas

Patrons
    Thanks
    Doubt they'd get anything off Spar as the robbery wasn't their doing. In theory, if the robbers could be tracked down, your friend would be entitled to sue the armed robbers for causing mental suffering and distress. But your friend might want to think that one through a little.
    Last edited by Dr.Nightdub; 23rd September 2012 at 11:44 AM.

Patrons
    Thanks
    they were caught five mins later. It was actually a knife. they jumped over the counter at her. the shop has a panic button........but its no where near the till
    Cyril The Judas

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaintsno.12 View Post
    they were caught five mins later. It was actually a knife. they jumped over the counter at her. the shop has a panic button........but its no where near the till
    Are Spar at fault in anyway? If yes you can claim, i doubt they are but hey claimtown.

Could not go in for a while and get for "stress" reasons. if they wanted.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaintsno.12 View Post
    LEGAL QUESTION

if someone (not me) was held up in an armed robery in a shop (Spar), are they entitled to anything (€€€€€€€€) ?
    Why would they be entitled to anything: Were they hurt? stressed? Why: Always in this Country some people want money/compensation for nothing. Poxy compo culture: it stinks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    You're off your rocker if you think this is an Irish issue

Paul McGrath
    Thanks
    Near grandmother-in-law, who's Spanish, had a bad fall on a wet floor in a Supermarket a couple of months ago. The floor was soaking apparently with no signs anywhere. Other customers had to help her to her feet because the staff couldn't be bothered. Carted away in an ambulance with a broken wrist, cuts and bruises everywhere. She practically had to be dragged to see a claims lawyer, though, because she didn't want anyone to lose their job.

Also, you'll find the vast majority of claims that get to court are perfectly legitimate, although I'm sure we all know cases that aren't. I was award £1,000 when I was a kid becuase an optician had given someone elses prescription. At the time I was slightly short-sighted in one eye and it would have been corrected by wearing glasses for a year. As a result of that i developed myopia 15 years laterand suffer from chronic tension headaches. Needless to say, the £1,000 is long gone.

Anyone who suffers any kind of personal injury, no matter how small, should milk it for all they can. There's no telling what the long-term consequencse could be.

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Agree it happens in other country's but I have seen it and experienced it here and it stinks.

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    Broke my wrist saving a peno when I was 13 or 14. Did it on the Saturday morning. Knew it was hurt but carried on as normal through the day. Went to do my homework on the Saturday night and was in agony every time I put pressure on the pen to write. Went down and told my dad and he thought I was just trying to have him on and get out of my homework so he says right we'll bring you to hospital, trying the bluff.

Spent 7 hours in A&E on the Sunday. Got the X-Ray and some pissy consultant I suppose I was lucky was there at all on a Sunday spent all of 15 seconds examining me and the X-Ray before shooing me out the door insisting I was fine. Told him I was in agony and he was like oh just keep the sling on and keep using it. Went into school and my wrist was in genuine pain by the end of the day from writing.

Got a call on the way home to say it was actually broken and cracked in 3 places. Didn't take it any further because I was so young and my dad left it up to me but some people deserve to be sued. For every taxi man with nothing wrong with him just out to make a few ill-earned quid off someone else's back, there's someone like oleguer's granny in-law who's entitled to genuine compensation who doesn't take it, to even things out.

Also coincidentally my mate got promoted to manager of Centra in Clondalkin Village during the summer. In his first night there alone locking up, he was robbed at gunpoint and made empty the ATM and till. He only went back to work this weekend and is getting a few bob in compo. He's an employee though. I'd say you'd find it harder to get anything if she was just a civilian in the shop.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Ah here!

http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...s-3241658.html

If she starts looking for royalties for each hit of every clip her voice has been used on she could buy the feckin internet.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread