+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaving Cert Results

Thanks

Leaving Cert Results

Anyone who's gettin them later today, best of luck and I hope ya get what ya want.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    +1. And remember if things didn't go as well as you'd hoped it genuinely isn't the end of the world. There are other courses, maybe not your first choice but they can get on you on to that, you can repeat the LC, you've loads of options.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    Good luck....

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    +1. And remember if things didn't go as well as you'd hoped it genuinely isn't the end of the world. There are other courses, maybe not your first choice but they can get on you on to that, you can repeat the LC, you've loads of options.
    And remember 5 years down the line the leaving cert means nothing. Work experience and/or your third level qualifications supersede it

Plenty of excellent career paths for people willing who aren't acedemically minded (or can't be arsed studying)

Thanks
    repeat what's been said - best of luck and if it doesn't go your way it's not the end of the world - loads of options out there

John McDonnell
    Thanks
    Best of luck lads!

Thanks
    Sure your man in Fair city got 220 and he did lads of grinds and stuff....

Best of luck, and be safe tonight.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Oh and in more important news. Remembers lads, girls your age will never getter drunker and sluttier than they are tonight. Even in my day (when they weren’t near as slutty as now) leaving cert night was guaranteed to be great craic

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Oh and in more important news. Remembers lads, girls your age will never getter drunker and sluttier than they are tonight. Even in my day (when they weren’t near as slutty as now) leaving cert night was guaranteed to be great craic
    This is good advice^^^^. Lock onto the one's that did badly. They are looking for some affirmation, and you'll be there when they drift off to sleep. Poking side boob.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Dodge thats concrete advice. There is a few options out there...Just to add www.qualifax.ie is a great site, lists almost every course in the country and even if you dont do as well as you thought you would,trave is the one thing I can recommend, broadens minds and equips you with great skills and looks great on a CV!

Yeah poked a few boobs in my time

Patrons
    Thanks
    Well I got 200 points.

Not what I wanted but suppose its what I deserved.

Have to wait till Monday now to see if I get in anywhere.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seiphil View Post
    Well I got 200 points.

Not what I wanted but suppose its what I deserved.

Have to wait till Monday now to see if I get in anywhere.
    phil dont worry about it lad, as Gaz said there are ways around everytin if ya dont get a enough points, ya can always do a PLC course and then go onto one of the IT's if that what your into, thats what i did, and now im not doing what i studied in college haha.
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danthesaint View Post
    phil dont worry about it lad, as Gaz said there are ways around everytin if ya dont get a enough points, ya can always do a PLC course and then go onto one of the IT's if that what your into, thats what i did, and now im not doing what i studied in college haha.
    Cheers..

If I dont get in anywhere that is what I am gonna do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 451 Posts
    200 points is good, ya should be able to get most things with that
    - Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now

Thanks
    I ballsed up my leaving cert first time, failed two subjects and did poorly in the rest. Knocked to shit out of me cos I wasn't expecting it but with hindsight I totally deserved what I got.

I went back and repeated, did the work, got decent results and went of from there. I was twenty doing the leaving the second time so don't be worrying about age, a year makes fuck all difference.

Anybody who is disappointed today I know exactly how they feel but it's not the end of the world and there's loads you can do about it.

And anybody who takes Dodge's advice can stay away from my niece - you know who I'm talking about Phil!!

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by charliesboots View Post
    I ballsed up my leaving cert first time, failed two subjects and did poorly in the rest. Knocked to shit out of me cos I wasn't expecting it but with hindsight I totally deserved what I got.

I went back and repeated, did the work, got decent results and went of from there. I was twenty doing the leaving the second time so don't be worrying about age, a year makes fuck all difference.

Anybody who is disappointed today I know exactly how they feel but it's not the end of the world and there's loads you can do about it.

And anybody who takes Dodge's advice can stay away from my niece - you know who I'm talking about Phil!!
    hahaha head to town to find some easy youngones!

Just gonna have to use the powers of alcohol to get me along.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Tallaght IT will get you in on 200, not to worry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 451 Posts
    no doubt the news will have all the D4 heads on

"i got 4.5million points"
    - Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now

Thanks

Want to leave her name and number and I'll make sure no one goes near her?
    Dreamed a dream.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hano View Post
    Yep, they go to the schools they all attended. Add in a token Cork school and thats the RTE lunchtime news

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintshead View Post
    Want to leave her name and number and I'll make sure no one goes near her?

Giggidy Giggidy

Super Moderator
    Thanks

"i got 4.5million points"
    Exactly that wrecks my head , talk to the normal people ffs!

Pat Kelch
    Thanks

Was the exact same for me, and like CB said if anybody does have to repeat the year again, it flies by and a year does make fuck all difference. I ended up repeating and getting in to the course the next year round where i met some of my best mates to this day. The PLC is a good option too, i repeated my Leaving to get into my course (Architectural Technology) whereas a mate of mine did the years PLC in pierce college, got into the course that way and got a distinction. You might feel obliged to throw your leaving cert results on your Cv in a few years time but realistically i dont think anybody has ever glanced twice at mine in an interview.

Thanks
    200 points is good, ya should be able to get most things with that
    is that what you say when you get behind the wheel of your car :P
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 663 Posts
    Another option if you don't get what you want in Ireland is the UK. I didn't get enough points to do the course I wanted in Ireland, but got into Thames Valley Uni in London no problem (and that was a fair few years after I done my leaving cert)

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavia View Post
    Another option if you don't get what you want in Ireland is the UK. I didn't get enough points to do the course I wanted in Ireland, but got into Thames Valley Uni in London no problem (and that was a fair few years after I done my leaving cert)
    You're right, the Brits are thick.

Says the bloke with the Open University degree...

Patrons
    Thanks
    well done to all enjoy your night and be careful!
    formally turnstyler!

Thanks
    Well done to all the lads, enjoy it tonight. Oh how I wish I could re-live my results night again

Thanks
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 670 Posts
    If any of you are doing a language I would highly recommend applying for the year abroad aswell. You'll improve so much in the language and its a great year
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danthesaint View Post
    They'll let any riff raff in these days

Gaz,Dodge,Robbie and the lads have given some great nuggets of advice. Going abroad might be an option worth considering if you fancy the opportunity, I spent three months in France and Robbie is in Germany, know a few mates who have lived in Germany, they loved Berlin so much so he ended up living with a German girl! Worlds your oyster mate and dont go too hard on yourself. Dreams are there for a reason, the hard part is figuring out how to reach them...

+ Reply to Thread