+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 107

Thread: Playstation Network Still down

  1. #61
    Harry Boland kdjac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Neilstown
    Posts
    5,066
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmerstown Saint View Post
    All you need is enough geeks in their Ma's basements with time on their hands (let's face they have no 'real' friends or girlfriends so they have nothing BUT time), and when they take a break from playing Dungeons and Dragons, they are bleedin whizzkids at hacking.
    They are millionaires now, the list was sold for 2 million quid.

    Considering it was a knwon exploit since the PS3 was jailbroken, its not bad money for a few hours work.

  2. #62
    Mbabazi Palmerstown Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,811
    Thanks
    2,012
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Fixed that for ye!
    Listen if you ever get this team up and running I'll show you a bit of 'razzle dazzle' on the field. Lucky for you we'll be on the same team. I have the defending qualities of Franco Baresi and the stamina of Moses Kiptanui, so just call me Fraco Kiptanui please. Although the Brazilian Socrates had been compared to ME!!

    P.S Xbox is shit.
    19 NEVER RELEGATED 29

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Palmerstown Saint For This Useful Post:


  4. #63
    Packie Lynch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 132 Times in 74 Posts
    lol blu ray ? so what. I want a games console , not knocking the PS3 but when i buy one it will be for the games and not a lot else. Fact was the PS3 software line up at launch and in the months afterwards wasnt great. So i went with the games and don't regret it. Now there are games as PS3 exclusives that would make me want to buy the console

    I agree with Kdjac in a way , if you want a jack of all trades the can't beat a PC.......

  5. #64
    Harry Boland kdjac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Neilstown
    Posts
    5,066
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppo254 View Post

    I agree with Kdjac in a way , if you want a jack of all trades the can't beat a PC.......
    I have all 3 consoles and tbh none of them turned on in months, console games are fairly shite unless 1st party.

    Nintendo Mario and Zelda, Ps3 Ico and SOTC not out yet but its why the kids got a Ps3 (littlebigplanet good crack), Xbox i got for GTA4. Too many shit games out on console and for 50 60 quid its fucking mental.

    I have intentions of finishing Red Dead and bayonetta on xbox and intentions of getting Unchartered on Ps3, mario 2 on wii is about it for the last 2 years.


    All my consoles hacked but i cba downloading or renting games for them as they all shite, fucking Call of Duty 8 ? srsly? 1st one was decent on PC.

  6. #65
    Packie Lynch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 132 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    I have all 3 consoles and tbh none of them turned on in months, console games are fairly shite unless 1st party.

    Nintendo Mario and Zelda, Ps3 Ico and SOTC not out yet but its why the kids got a Ps3 (littlebigplanet good crack), Xbox i got for GTA4. Too many shit games out on console and for 50 60 quid its fucking mental.

    I have intentions of finishing Red Dead and bayonetta on xbox and intentions of getting Unchartered on Ps3, mario 2 on wii is about it for the last 2 years.


    All my consoles hacked but i cba downloading or renting games for them as they all shite, fucking Call of Duty 8 ? srsly? 1st one was decent on PC.
    Nearly the same here , have a wii,ds,psp,xbox and will probably pick up a playstation once the prices drops some more. The wii hasn't been used in months and its hacked with loads of games on it.

    Oh and real life is getting in the way of gaming anyway !

  7. #66
    Harry Boland kdjac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Neilstown
    Posts
    5,066
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppo254 View Post
    Nearly the same here , have a wii,ds,psp,xbox and will probably pick up a playstation once the prices drops some more. The wii hasn't been used in months and its hacked with loads of games on it.

    Oh and real life is getting in the way of gaming anyway !
    Same

    Optimistic of playing NFS online in a bit. Oddly i still buy games for all systems and only really play on pc.

    Btw spare 4870 sitting here if you interrested

  8. #67
    Packie Lynch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 132 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    Same

    Optimistic of playing NFS online in a bit. Oddly i still buy games for all systems and only really play on pc.

    Btw spare 4870 sitting here if you interrested
    The missus would kill me if i bring anything more into the house ! The shelf full of games are sitting there , when she tells me to trade them in i usually tell her ill get to play them all.

    Not enough hours in the day however.........

  9. #68
    Harry Boland kdjac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Neilstown
    Posts
    5,066
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppo254 View Post
    The missus would kill me if i bring anything more into the house ! The shelf full of games are sitting there , when she tells me to trade them in i usually tell her ill get to play them all.

    Not enough hours in the day however.........
    I refuse to trade in games, would rather give them away then let gamestop make more money on them.

    Buy most of my games from g2play, somehow Steam managed to make games dearer even tho its a digital copy : ?

  10. #69
    Curtis Fleming tom the gom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    937
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 217 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    I refuse to trade in games, would rather give them away then let gamestop make more money on them.

    Buy most of my games from g2play, somehow Steam managed to make games dearer even tho its a digital copy : ?
    I'll take some free games

    And on the xbox controller being shite compared to ps3? it pisses all over sonys dualshock shite bag of a pad.
    One love *** One club

  11. #70
    Dave Henderson SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ballyfermot
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 182 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmerstown Saint View Post
    Totally agree, Xbox is kack. Buttons are all over the shop, controller is shite, the blu ray on it is.......oh wait!?

    All you need is enough geeks in their Ma's basements with time on their hands (let's face they have no 'real' friends or girlfriends so they have nothing BUT time


    Come on now Palmerstown Saint, we have no evidence that Tom the gom lives in his ma's basement........
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there please save me superman

  12. #71
    Dave Henderson SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ballyfermot
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 182 Times in 126 Posts
    BluRay, so what?

    There seems to be some confusion here. The fact it has a BluRay player means the games also come on BluRay discs! The game playing side of the console has in no way been defected from by the inclusion of the player,in fact it enhances it! BluRay discs are the way forward for the next few years. (and the last few years) Go into any HMV etc and there`s shelves of Bluray movies. Nowhere bothers with the HD movies. Sony were spot on getting behind the BluRay technology. BluRay discs are far superior to HD. Size, picture and sound wise. Lets say you`re a big movie fan and like to watch films in the best quality picture on yor HD tv, top sound from your surround sound system, (not pirate/downloaded copies) you are quite likely to get a Bluray player for 100 odd quid. Also the HD discs can`t compete when it comes to the games either. Quite a few of the open world games have shipped on multiple discs for Xbox as the HD discs cant handle the massive data space needed. Final Fantasy for example (I`ve never played it) was on multiple discs and if rumours are true Rockstar`s latest offering (before hopefully a new GTA) L.A. Noire will be on THREE discs too, as it only just fit onto one Bluray! Now it`s not a huge inconvienience having more than one disc,but it illustrates my point. It doesn`t suit console games to be on more than one disc. I mean it`s 2011, this would bring ye back to the days of rewinding games on cassette tapes! So for example if you were in Alderney in GTAIV and wanted to go back to Broker to finish a mission or two,you will have to put back in, disc one to get back there... Hmmmmm. The BluRay doesn`t just benefit movie watching ye see.

    http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1219404921.jpg

    As far as the dodgy hardware goes, how is it better value to have bought 2,3,4 Xbox as each one packs it in, than one PS3 in the same time? Since it`s release it`s been dogged with failing hardware issues,huge numbers of Xbox were RROD,bricked and an extended three year warranty handed out to people who had these problems. Microsoft went the cheap route with its hardware decisions (just as Sony did with it`s online security) and it backfired, with huge amounts of consoles getting bricked. Around the same time, there was reports the disc drive was leaving rounded scratches on the discs. Microsoft then had to replace a large number of peoples games. They knew of this problem before release,but because it would have cost millions to correct and a delay to the release of the console,they went ahead with it anyway.

    Now I have plenty of experience of handling large objects but the controller was obviously designed for the hands of the Hulk himself! It`s just not sleek enough. Why would you want to sit back, relax, put a game on then feel like you`re holding a cavity block with buttons? Even Sony backed away from the original design for the PS3 "banana" controller. Smart move, it was awful. I seem to remember the first controllers also requiring AA batteries to work? Wireless controllers have to be rechargable...I know now they are. And the early versions of Xbox with no hard drive? Ehhh.....


    The Xbox just doesn`t have enough to offer me personally. If a new model came out with a BluRay player, I can see it being bought and BluRay would all of a sudden matter to Xbox gamers. It would be like going to buy a new car and be told, hey for 80 quid extra you can have this GT500 with a topless blonde in the back (PS3), but still say naaaaahhhhh I`ll just take that mini cooper instead (Xbox) First party exclusives for PS3 are more appealing too, Halo? Give me a break! Killzone, Resistance and Uncharted especially are far better. (Kdjac invest in the Uncharted series, you won`t be sorry, Uncharted 3 later this year too)

    This year will forever be known as a disaster for Sony with the PSN being down, but lets remember, the mass RROD issue didn`t get anywhere near this much press, even though that meant your console was fucked, we`re all still using our PS3 with the network down, granted it`s a world wide network thats down and it`s a huge issue, it is down voluntarily after the hack. Live had problems over a two week period as it couldn`t handle all the new players trying to log on.

    Both companies have cut corners and costs and it has, in the long run cost them more. But hey, isn`t that what companies do?

    All in all that toaster i spoke of a few posts back has better hardware in it than the Xbox...... So on that note I`m off for a cuppa and a wicked slice of toast!

    BOOM! LAWYERED!


    ( and before anyone asks, YES I am bored! )
    Last edited by SteveH; 14th May 2011 at 04:22 PM.
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there please save me superman

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveH For This Useful Post:


  14. #72
    Paul Osam St. Robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    3,040
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 1,762 Times in 664 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    BluRay, so what?

    There seems to be some confusion here. The fact it has a BluRay player means the games also come on BluRay discs! The game playing side of the console has in no way been defected from by the inclusion of the player,in fact it enhances it! BluRay discs are the way forward for the next few years. (and the last few years) Go into any HMV etc and there`s shelves of Bluray movies. Nowhere bothers with the HD movies. Sony were spot on getting behind the BluRay technology. BluRay discs are far superior to HD. Size, picture and sound wise. Lets say you`re a big movie fan and like to watch films in the best quality picture on yor HD tv, top sound from your surround sound system, (not pirate/downloaded copies) you are quite likely to get a Bluray player for 100 odd quid. Also the HD discs can`t compete when it comes to the games either. Quite a few of the open world games have shipped on multiple discs for Xbox as the HD discs cant handle the massive data space needed. Final Fantasy for example (I`ve never played it) was on multiple discs and if rumours are true Rockstar`s latest offering (before hopefully a new GTA) L.A. Noire will be on THREE discs too, as it only just fit onto one Bluray! Now it`s not a huge inconvienience having more than one disc,but it illustrates my point. It doesn`t suit console games to be on more than one disc. I mean it`s 2011, this would bring ye back to the days of rewinding games on cassette tapes! So for example if you were in Alderney in GTAIV and wanted to go back to Broker to finish a mission or two,you will have to put back in, disc one to get back there... Hmmmmm. The BluRay doesn`t just benefit movie watching ye see.

    http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1219404921.jpg

    As far as the dodgy hardware goes, how is it better value to have bought 2,3,4 Xbox as each one packs it in, than one PS3 in the same time? Since it`s release it`s been dogged with failing hardware issues,huge numbers of Xbox were RROD,bricked and an extended three year warranty handed out to people who had these problems. Microsoft went the cheap route with its hardware decisions (just as Sony did with it`s online security) and it backfired, with huge amounts of consoles getting bricked. Around the same time, there was reports the disc drive was leaving rounded scratches on the discs. Microsoft then had to replace a large number of peoples games. They knew of this problem before release,but because it would have cost millions to correct and a delay to the release of the console,they went ahead with it anyway.

    Now I have plenty of experience of handling large objects but the controller was obviously designed for the hands of the Hulk himself! It`s just not sleek enough. Why would you want to sit back, relax, put a game on then feel like you`re holding a cavity block with buttons? Even Sony backed away from the original design for the PS3 "banana" controller. Smart move, it was awful. I seem to remember the first controllers also requiring AA batteries to work? Wireless controllers have to be rechargable...I know now they are. And the early versions of Xbox with no hard drive? Ehhh.....


    The Xbox just doesn`t have enough to offer me personally. If a new model came out with a BluRay player, I can see it being bought and BluRay would all of a sudden matter to Xbox gamers. It would be like going to buy a new car and be told, hey for 80 quid extra you can have this GT500 with a topless blonde in the back (PS3), but still say naaaaahhhhh I`ll just take that mini cooper instead (Xbox) First party exclusives for PS3 are more appealing too, Halo? Give me a break! Killzone, Resistance and Uncharted especially are far better. (Kdjac invest in the Uncharted series, you won`t be sorry, Uncharted 3 later this year too)

    This year will forever be known as a disaster for Sony with the PSN being down, but lets remember, the mass RROD issue didn`t get anywhere near this much press, even though that meant your console was fucked, we`re all still using our PS3 with the network down, granted it`s a world wide network thats down and it`s a huge issue, it is down voluntarily after the hack. Live had problems over a two week period as it couldn`t handle all the new players trying to log on.

    Both companies have cut corners and costs and it has, in the long run cost them more. But hey, isn`t that what companies do?

    All in all that toaster i spoke of a few posts back has better hardware in it than the Xbox...... So on that note I`m off for a cuppa and a wicked slice of toast!

    BOOM! LAWYERED!


    ( and before anyone asks, YES I am bored! )
    Gaz? Is that you?
    Saint Patrick's Athletic**1929**Pride of Inchicore
    Auf gehts, Patricks, schießt ein Tor! Die rot-weißen Heiligen von Irland!
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to St. Robbie For This Useful Post:


  16. #73
    Mbabazi Palmerstown Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,811
    Thanks
    2,012
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 740 Posts
    ^^^^^^^
    WHOOP WHOOP
    , we have a winner folks!!

    Class post, 100% agree with everything said (well bar the being used to holding large objects bit).

    Post of the month by FAR (and I include mine in that). I pressed the 'Thanks' button, but that doesn't do the post justice, should be an option for 'Thanks x 1 million'.

    Close this thread now MOD's, and reply wouldn't be worthy of being on the same page as this post. Class class class.

    SteveH, can I have your babies?

    SHUT THE THREAD NOW!! They are not worthy of responding!!
    19 NEVER RELEGATED 29

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Palmerstown Saint For This Useful Post:


  18. #74
    Super Moderator Jimdagym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Balbriggan
    Posts
    4,052
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked 956 Times in 529 Posts
    Fecking losers....

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimdagym For This Useful Post:


  20. #75
    Dave Henderson SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ballyfermot
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 182 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdagym View Post
    Fecking losers....

    ( and before anyone comments, YES, I am bored! )
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there please save me superman

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveH For This Useful Post:


  22. #76
    Curtis Fleming tom the gom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    937
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 217 Times in 108 Posts
    ps3 fags.....
    One love *** One club

  23. #77
    Dave Henderson SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ballyfermot
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 182 Times in 126 Posts
    ........... ............
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there please save me superman

  24. #78
    Packie Lynch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 132 Times in 74 Posts
    Hmmm fanboy much lol. Do you have an emotional attachment to your hoover or lawnmower we should know about too

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to hoppo254 For This Useful Post:


  26. #79
    Dave Henderson SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ballyfermot
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 182 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppo254 View Post
    Hmmm fanboy much lol. Do you have an emotional attachment to your hoover or lawnmower we should know about too

    Not so much a fanboy as a hatred for Xbox!



    Ssssshhhhhh! Jesus, who told you about about me and my cyclone 5000 !
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there please save me superman

  27. #80
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    1,386
    Thanked 1,886 Times in 785 Posts
    Set up a Sega Megadrive and have a few game of Sonic and you're sorted
    And Brian Kerr is in tears.

  28. #81
    Dave Henderson SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ballyfermot
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 182 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathfarnham_Saint View Post
    Set up a Sega Megadrive and have a few game of Sonic and you're sorted
    Tell me about it, still have me Nintendo and Super Nintendo.

    Them's were the days!
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there please save me superman

  29. #82
    Harry Boland kdjac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Neilstown
    Posts
    5,066
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts


    And we finally find out where kevo went.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to kdjac For This Useful Post:


  31. #83
    Dave Henderson SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ballyfermot
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 182 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post


    And we finally find out where kevo went.
    I'm intrigued now, what's a Muppet card? Macker? ......
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there please save me superman

  32. #84
    John McDonnell
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,318
    Thanks
    524
    Thanked 314 Times in 186 Posts
    Back now i think....

  33. #85
    Curtis Fleming tom the gom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    937
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 217 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post


    And we finally find out where kevo went.
    btw, cheers for the heads up on tversity, works a charm.
    One love *** One club

  34. #86
    Colm Foley
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    268
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 50 Times in 30 Posts
    came back last night but suppose to have crashed again

  35. #87
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    My lad is downloading some upgrade on it now.

  36. #88
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,902
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    My lad is downloading some upgrade on it now.
    Give him 2 jumpers and a ball of rolled up selotape and tell him gtf.

  37. #89
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post
    Give him 2 jumpers and a ball of rolled up selotape and tell him gtf.
    Been out kicking a ball constantly for the last 2 weeks. Can kiss goodbye to that now..........

  38. #90
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Update done. Still not working. He'll end up playing for barca if this keeps up!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts