+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aintree Day 2

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks

Aintree Day 2

Another great days racing ahead with the Melling Chase and one of the most exciting races of the year the Topham over the national fences.
    The Melling chase has the fascinating prospect of Master Minded but a bad run at Cheltenham and having been beaten in this race 3 years ago when it looked like he didnt stay is enough to put me off even at 6/1. For this race I will be going for Albertas Run to win. At 7/2 its decent value for a horse that won this races last year and has a good record at this time of year.

For the Topham i think both Frankie Figg and Ballyholland both each way are good shots. Frankie Figgs form over the national fences is FFU1 but has run well on two of the occasions it has fallen and won last time out over the fences in November. Ballyholland ran very well in the national last year but ran out of stamina. A former Galway plate winner so should be classy enough for this race.

In the 4 15 Mossley ran very well at Cheltenham and if it has recovered should win.

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    going for Albertas Run in the 3.05 Mon Parrain in the 3.40 and Quito De La Roque in the 2.30

+ Reply to Thread