+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aintree Day 1

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks

Aintree Day 1

Anyone gonna watch this? Some cracking races with a world hurdle rematch, Denman and a race over the Grand National Fences.
    Anyway gonna go for Grandouet win in the 2 30 as I think the flatter track will suit him it was around 3/1 in the morning.
    Turko win in the 3 40 won last time out and has ran over the national fences hopefully he stay around 5/1. Also a small bit each-way on Offshore Account whos ran well over the national fences before.
    Finally Leo's Lucky Star win in the 4 15 . He ran well at Cheltenham and Woolcombe Folly keeping the weights down so it gets 10 stone

Patrons
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Some good races but not necessarily good betting prospects. Big Buck's ought to win the Liverpool Hurdle but didn't eat up Monday or Tuesday this week. He did yesterday morning and has worked grand each day but you'd have to have some doubts over his well being with those reports. Enough to leave him alone at odds on. Word is Gordon Elliott was sweet on Carlito Brigante here but that was before the rain came.

Zarkandar looks pure class but had an abcess in his mouth up to Tuesday. Again, he missed no work but might not be 100%, though if he is I think he'll be too good for all these, Grandouet included. No bet for me.

I'd very rarely back anything at odds of 6/5 but am on Denman today. Reason being I don't think there's a genuine Grade 1 horse among the opposition and he could run 15-20 lbs below his Gold Cup mark and still win.

Foxhunters is wide open, personally I've gone with Herons Well who was a tad unlucky at Cheltenham and had been going well up to then as 12/1 looks like a bit of value.

Royal Charm was aimed at the 2m 4f Novice Chase rather than Cheltenham and I think he could turn over the Arkle pair of Medermit and Wishfull Thinking.

Will leave the 4.15 alone but Scu choosing Leo's Lucky Star over Mamlook would suggest he's the stable's pick here.

Patrons
    Thanks
    So much for the ailments affecting Big Buck's and Zarkandar, both went in, tremendous start for Ruby and Nicholls.

Patrons
    Thanks
    Denman well beaten, just emptied 2 from home. Nacarat won handily off a big front running display.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Wait, is the grand national on Saturday? Bleeding fundraising has me all over the gaff.

Will have to sort out a sweep for Sligo...

Patrons
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Wait, is the grand national on Saturday? Bleeding fundraising has me all over the gaff.

Will have to sort out a sweep for Sligo...
    Saturday yeah.

Ricky O'Flaherty
    Thanks
    I thought Zarkander was lucky. Didnt run well and Grandouet was unluckily brought down. Denman ran poor didnt want to know at all.
    Big Bucks was class hope they put Grande Crus over fences for next season.

+ Reply to Thread