+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 388

Thread: The Coaching Thread.

  1. #331
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,902
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppo254 View Post
    Saintly be careful on strength and con at their age. Might be better focusing on agility balance and co-ordination.
    !
    Yeah sorry that's what it was I think. It was all age specific anyway. geezer from the fai organised it. Not my field so I wouldn't know the lingo

  2. #332
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Warm up area was frozen tonight. So i brought 16 players for a game of knick knack in Drimnagh.

    Then they all knocked for hanos right full and sang carols to him.

    #coaching.......
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanMc For This Useful Post:


  4. #333
    Paul Osam St. Robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    3,045
    Thanks
    1,770
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 665 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Warm up area was frozen tonight. So i brought 16 players for a game of knick knack in Drimnagh.
    That's what Ajax do with their youngsters in the red light district
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

  5. #334
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Robbie View Post
    That's what Ajax do with their youngsters in the red light district
    Its the future Robbie. You'll have to introduce German kids to knick knack.
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanMc For This Useful Post:


  7. #335
    Pat Kelch
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    pimlico/meath street
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    oh btw the sdfl are doing brilliant work on 3v3 workshops if anyone wants to get me an invite...

    Hint hint bren.......
    one coming up this weekend or next ,i'll stick your name down pal ,anyone familiar with this format , brillant and the players intringently get the process after a few set ups and develop in a far faster and confident way ,imo.

  8. #336
    Packie Lynch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 132 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brenner View Post
    one coming up this weekend or next ,i'll stick your name down pal ,anyone familiar with this format , brillant and the players intringently get the process after a few set ups and develop in a far faster and confident way ,imo.
    If its on a sunday i would also be interested......
    Never relegated

  9. #337
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post
    Yeah sorry that's what it was I think. It was all age specific anyway. geezer from the fai organised it. Not my field so I wouldn't know the lingo
    If you are interested in taking that a little further theres loads of guys who teach that stuff in workshops for about 30. Fai have a fairly decent one too. Our lads are all suffering growing pains and to be honest its something you will need by u12. If it wasn't for hoppo Id be bolloxed. we wouldnt have a team some weeks with the amount of little injuries they are picking up. With your lads playing both days you'll need to watch them like a hawk in about 18 months.

    There's a very good one day medical module with Alan Byrne on the youth cert but if your planning a different pathway you'll still need something.

    Fifa 11 plus is worth a look as well. Its at Www.f-marc.com
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

  10. #338
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    944
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 438 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post
    Facilities and standard of coaching in Germany is better. If your going to be forcing kids to play for certain teams you need both of these things to be better than they are here.

    I live in tallaght and there isn't one decent, well run schoolboy club for me to bring my son to. So I brought him elsewhere. Can't see the crime in that
    No club is perfect but there are a few in Tallaght who are trying to do things right.
    I'm involved with the seniors in Kilnamanagh but our schoolboy section has been improving greatly in recent years, all coaches have been sent on the kick start programme and quite a few have gone on to youth cert.
    The facilities are there for the kids and this is always trying to be improved upon, we are building new dressing rooms for small sided pitches.

    I'm not sure about the parish rule but I just wanted to question this comment to be honest as I don't agree with it.

  11. #339
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Noel Mernagh View Post
    No club is perfect but there are a few in Tallaght who are trying to do things right.
    I'm involved with the seniors in Kilnamanagh but our schoolboy section has been improving greatly in recent years, all coaches have been sent on the kick start programme and quite a few have gone on to youth cert.
    The facilities are there for the kids and this is always trying to be improved upon, we are building new dressing rooms for small sided pitches.

    I'm not sure about the parish rule but I just wanted to question this comment to be honest as I don't agree with it.
    I know we would kill for the facilities you have.
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

  12. #340
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,754
    Thanks
    1,537
    Thanked 6,034 Times in 2,721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    I know we would kill for the facilities you have.
    You could just move...
    "We've seen you come, we'll see you go"

  13. #341
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    You could just move...
    You could just follow sligo....
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

  14. #342
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Lads all them invites have gone out for the dropbox. If you are not up to speed with how it works its cloud based so if you remove ANYTHING we all lose it.

    If you wish to put anything on your computer copy and paste DON'T cut or drag it off.

    Also if you have any documents you want to share by all means stick them up.

    There's everything in there from ks1 to a full UEFA B programme, There's stuff I got sent from Ajax and the development programmes of clubs like Chelsea and Swansea.

    Enjoy.....
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

  15. #343
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,902
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Noel Mernagh View Post
    No club is perfect but there are a few in Tallaght who are trying to do things right.
    I'm involved with the seniors in Kilnamanagh but our schoolboy section has been improving greatly in recent years, all coaches have been sent on the kick start programme and quite a few have gone on to youth cert.
    The facilities are there for the kids and this is always trying to be improved upon, we are building new dressing rooms for small sided pitches.

    I'm not sure about the parish rule but I just wanted to question this comment to be honest as I don't agree with it.
    I Know kilnamanagh well. Have been up there a lot recently and its a great set up. Not getting into the merits of individual clubs as that isn't what I was getting at. Tallaght is badly lacking a club that is able to compete with the likes of Lourdes, joeys, crumlin, kevins etc for quality of facilities, coaching, player development etc.

  16. #344
    Pat Kelch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to connolly For This Useful Post:


  18. #345
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Pints the 15th gay? Thankfully I wont be nursing a defeat to Esker this time........
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

  19. #346
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,902
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    That's it Connolly. You could literally base your entire training schedule on that for kids up to 11ish

  20. #347
    Ricky O'Flaherty
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clondalkin
    Posts
    1,178
    Thanks
    1,562
    Thanked 760 Times in 292 Posts
    Not sure if it's been mentioned on here , not arsed reading 12 pages to check. Matt Gregg does unreal goalkeeping training. I did it u16-u18. It was a bit shite for me because there were only 3 keepers my age there but to compensate he tried working with us 1 on 1. Covers everything, technique, fitness, diving, distribution, diet. I really liked it too. Lots of young keepers there.

    http://www.just4keepers.ie/home.php

    What usually happened was each club would send the keepers from their teams all together but I know Matt did Clondalkin, Blanchardstown, UCD and 1 other I can't remember so there's one within realistic travel distance of everyone in Dublin. Lads came from Kildare to do it too.
    Greg Murray who was Bohs 1st choice towards the end of last year was the keeper I was usually paired with so the coaching does work if he's starting for a LOI premier club now even if it is probably due to financial restraint on Bohs part. Wish I'd kept it up now Haha

    Matt Gregg: 0877691191

  21. #348
    Administrator Hano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,534
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 451 Posts
    Echo what Gary said. I rang him looking for a keeper and he sent me a new recruit. Trains twice a week with us and once a week with Matt. 3 months on he's now a quality keeper
    - Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now

  22. #349
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hano View Post
    Echo what Gary said. I rang him looking for a keeper and he sent me a new recruit. Trains twice a week with us and once a week with Matt. 3 months on he's now a quality keeper
    Sure we taught your right full silent night last night.....
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

  23. #350
    Packie Lynch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 132 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Sure we taught your right full silent night last night.....
    Will be about the only thing he will learn this season with Hano as his coach....



    Just joking Hano
    Never relegated

  24. #351
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brenner View Post
    one coming up this weekend or next ,i'll stick your name down pal ,anyone familiar with this format , brillant and the players intringently get the process after a few set ups and develop in a far faster and confident way ,imo.
    Top man budso. Looking forward to it. Hoppo's driving lol.
    I used to know it all, Now I'm going to school.

  25. #352
    John McDonnell
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,237
    Thanks
    1,488
    Thanked 406 Times in 180 Posts
    Random enough question, but, if yer not involved with any club whatsoever, how d'ya begin/start coaching or managing?

  26. #353
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,902
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Go to any website and bang them off an email. Or if you know anybody at a club you'd be interested in, give them a shout.

    I'm sure pats schoolboys would jump at the chance to get you involved. Also saw an ad recently that templeogue academy were looking for coaches. Academies would be the perfect place to start

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to saintly For This Useful Post:


  28. #354
    Packie Lynch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 132 Times in 74 Posts
    http://www.premierskillsireland.com/...n/course-dates

    Premier Skills Stuff is excellent. Course going on in the AUL this weekend for €40.
    Never relegated

  29. #355
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks
    491
    Thanked 687 Times in 325 Posts
    Coach an U10 team and always played in a Christmas blitz over in Leicester Celtic. It's no on this year and was wondering if anyone knows an alternative over Xmas and new year?

    Anyone know do UCD still run a training course/blitz?

    Can't find anything online.

  30. #356
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,902
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolan View Post
    Coach an U10 team and always played in a Christmas blitz over in Leicester Celtic. It's no on this year and was wondering if anyone knows an alternative over Xmas and new year?

    Anyone know do UCD still run a training course/blitz?

    Can't find anything online.
    There's something on in naas around the 7th of jan. I'll try get more info

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to saintly For This Useful Post:


  32. #357
    Pat Kelch
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    pimlico/meath street
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antomorro View Post
    Random enough question, but, if yer not involved with any club whatsoever, how d'ya begin/start coaching or managing?

    we're always looking for new coaches ,bell me after santy budso ....if your interested

  33. #358
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,902
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    small sided games formations are up on www.ddsl.ie

    starting on the 26th january

  34. #359
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,582
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 624 Posts
    Just wondering if any of the heads on here have any actual knowledge of the thinking behind coaching goalkeepers on the continent? Seems to be fairly clear that they're instructed to punch any cross that they're anything less than 100% certain they can catch cleanly. Anyone know if there's some statistical reasoning behind this (as with zonal marking at set pieces etc)?
    We are at war with Eurasia. We've always been at war with Eurasia.

  35. #360
    Ian Gilzean mad dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lucan
    Posts
    414
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked 121 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Just wondering if any of the heads on here have any actual knowledge of the thinking behind coaching goalkeepers on the continent? Seems to be fairly clear that they're instructed to punch any cross that they're anything less than 100% certain they can catch cleanly. Anyone know if there's some statistical reasoning behind this (as with zonal marking at set pieces etc)?
    are u suggesting keepers in la liga are shit on crosses

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts