+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uspga

Hybrid View

Thanks

Uspga

Whistling Straits, starts thursday, and you have got to be straight off the tee. Woods not favourite for the first time in about 32 years.
    Have not finalised mu bets yet, but i think I'll be sticking with Francesco Molinari and Sean O'Hair, plus one other from Donald, Els, Villegas, maybe Stricker.

Anthony Kim WILL NOT win this major!

Thanks
    Since I have to collect my Place from last week, its all getting re-invested.

10 ew on Sean O'Hair @40/1
    10 ew on Steve Stricker @ 25/1
    10 ew on Francesco Molinari @ 90/1

Putting it on today, PP opdds above going 1/4 odds first 6, so unless I see better will be with them.
    Seems yanks dont really win Majors anywore, I'm probably loading thee wrong side here, but I fancy the 3 of them to do well. 3 solid ball strikers, but Striker is the only really solid putter there at the minute. ets hope things change!
    Last edited by Jimdagym; 11th August 2010 at 05:06 PM.

Pat Kelch
    Thanks
    Still think Woods is a decent bet at 16/1, ross fisher at 50s is my other ew bet

arbour
    ive been all over molinari for months now. Il be on him again today. Also poulter and am going to stick a fiver on woods to win just because the odds are mad

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arbour View Post
    ive been all over molinari for months now. Il be on him again today. Also poulter and am going to stick a fiver on woods to win just because the odds are mad
    Which one?

arbour
    francesco .i dont like eduardo at all

Peter Carpenter
    Thanks
    Im going with Sean O'Hair at 40s and have a sneeky feeling about Harrington this week after the Irish open

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintMikey View Post
    Im going with Sean O'Hair at 40s and have a sneeky feeling about Harrington this week after the Irish open
    He might knock round to your gaff and watch Sat and Sunday with you, cause he wont be playing in it. +3 today and currently in 116th place.

Peter Carpenter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdagym View Post
    He might knock round to your gaff and watch Sat and Sunday with you, cause he wont be playing in it. +3 today and currently in 116th place.
    Ya might be right there but ya never know with Harrington , he is one of the best scramblers ever !

Thanks
    Ya might be right there but ya never know with Harrington , he is one of the best scramblers ever !
    Thats true, but he would defo want a 68 at least. Tha lads out early today have a long time to wait till their round tomorrow due to the 3 hr fog delay, so a few of them losing concentration and shots dropped here and there would certainly help Harro.

Peter Carpenter
    Thanks
    Well if ya think about it there is only 7 shots between him and the leaders so its not disastrous on the opening round (I know nearly the whole field is between them though) .68 is very achievable for him if he takes his chances although easier said than done

Thanks
    Well if ya think about it there is only 7 shots between him and the leaders so its not disastrous on the opening round (I know nearly the whole field is between them though) .68 is very achievable for him if he takes his chances although easier said than done
    Thats true, but you could be 10 shots back, and comfortably make the cut, and 5 shots back and miss it. Dont forget that Harrington is missing the final qualifying event for the ryder cup in the gleneagles to play in the first Fedex cup round, so he needs to make the cut and jump up the leaderboard to get qualifying points to get himself on that team. Cos to be honest, on form, he doesnt really deserve the wild card.

Peter Carpenter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdagym View Post
    Thats true, but you could be 10 shots back, and comfortably make the cut, and 5 shots back and miss it. Dont forget that Harrington is missing the final qualifying event for the ryder cup in the gleneagles to play in the first Fedex cup round, so he needs to make the cut and jump up the leaderboard to get qualifying points to get himself on that team. Cos to be honest, on form, he doesnt really deserve the wild card.
    He also doesnt deserve the wild card on the basis on his performances in previous Ryder Cups .
    He showed glimpses in his final round of the irish open that he is slowly coming back into form but I think it could be too late and as you said he is missing the final Ryder Cup event .

Peter Carpenter
    Thanks
    Absolutely crazy stuff just before the play-off . Feel sorry for dustin Johnson after that outrageous decision !

Patrons
    Thanks
    Johnson was robbed in fairness,a bunker in which the crowd are allowed to stand in,it was waste area and decision was a joke. Would have been worse if he held his putt for par on the 18th to win,would have been murder. Great tv all the same, Mcilroy will definately win a major next year

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macker View Post
    Johnson was robbed in fairness,a bunker in which the crowd are allowed to stand in
    There was even a marshall in there. Disgraceful decision.

Thanks
    I'm not sure if anybody listened to the guy from the rules committee but he explained it well - all players were told that all bunkers inside or outside the ropes were being played as bunkers and that there may be damage or footprints to them. They also said there were notices in the locker room and it was first on the local rules given to all the players.

I feel huge sympathy for Johnson and I do think the fairest thing would have been to declare that it wasn't a bunker. However, I don't think he, or his caddy, can be completely absolved of any blame.

Gutted for McIlroy that at least one of those putts on the back nine didn't drop but it was great tv including the interview with Bubba Watson afterwards were he said he cared more about making the Ryder Cup team than winning the tournament, refreshing to hear.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Schoolboy error from Johnson but i feel so sorry for him. As CB said the rules guy explained it perfectly. They were made aware of the situation with these areas and its Johnsons fault. I'm sure he wasnt the first person to land there all week but he was the first to ground his club. It was probably the nerves but tbh it was the right decision

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintly View Post
    I'm sure he wasnt the first person to land there all week but he was the first to ground his club. It was probably the nerves but tbh it was the right decision
    I'd said he was the first to do it on camera. I'd imagine plenty of others did it.

Rules guy said it was posted on the mirrors in the locker rooms. I think they should've done more to make people aware 9and I'm guessing at what they did)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,562 Times in 866 Posts
    Posted on the mirrors and each player told before they went out. Not much more they can do tbh#

Golf being the game it is, i'd say if it happened elsewhere it would have been known.

Administrator
    Thanks
    yeah, true enough. Just grasping at straws for the fellah.

Thanks
    They also had it as items #1 on the local rules - they're printed on the yardage charts and pin positions that the players get each morning so it had been handed to him four times as well.

Haven't got sky sports so was watching CBS coverage online - David Feherty was become more american than the americans themselves!!

Thanks
    Poulter twittered after this happened last night that he never saw the bunker notice that the rules official claimed was put up on all the mirrors in the locker room.
    Either way,of all people to happen to, for it to be DJ after his 81 on the last day of the US open while leading, and for him to recover back to this then have it snatched away again is really heartbreaking stuff. I only hope he bounces back again, because he is a joy to watch. A monster off the tee, and very cavalier.

Far play to Khymer. Done well to win the play off after going 1 down on the first extra hole. Feel sorry for Bubba too. Terrible tee shot on the 17th cost him a shot and pulled him back to -11 and into a play off. Anywhere on the green and keep a 2 putt, to navigate home -12 and a likely win.

Sadly, esp for Khymer, the 2010 PGA will be remmembered for the ridiculous bunker scenario, and not 4 days of cracking golf.

Thanks
    Bubba does always seem to be good craic.

+ Reply to Thread