+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 135

Thread: Random Question Thread

  1. #1
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,770
    Thanks
    1,378
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 783 Posts

    Random Question Thread

    As it says in the title just a thread for any random question anyone has but doesnt want to start a new thread to get the answer

    My question is, After the Hillsbrourgh disaster they had the Taylor report which basically meant the stadiums had to be improved no more standing, Did this apply to Scotland and Wales aswell? and if it did why did it not apply to the North?

  2. #2
    John McDonnell yorkiesaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,322
    Thanks
    499
    Thanked 650 Times in 271 Posts
    Think it just applies to the Premier League, Scunthorpe are in the Championship and still have terracing and up until recently so did Cardiff and Doncaster

  3. #3
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,770
    Thanks
    1,378
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 783 Posts
    Cheers Yorkie

  4. #4
    Paul Osam St. Robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks
    1,758
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 663 Posts
    How do they get the fig into the fig rolls?
    Saint Patrick's Athletic**1929**Pride of Inchicore
    Auf gehts, Patricks, schießt ein Tor! Die rot-weißen Heiligen von Irland!
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Jimdagym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Balbriggan
    Posts
    4,052
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked 956 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Robbie View Post
    How do they get the fig into the fig rolls?
    Giggity.....

  6. #6
    Dave Henderson saints alive ?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    rialto
    Posts
    642
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 57 Times in 38 Posts
    any good books on st pats history etc knocking about

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Thanks
    1,505
    Thanked 5,845 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathfarnham_Saint View Post
    As it says in the title just a thread for any random question anyone has but doesnt want to start a new thread to get the answer

    My question is, After the Hillsbrourgh disaster they had the Taylor report which basically meant the stadiums had to be improved no more standing, Did this apply to Scotland and Wales aswell? and if it did why did it not apply to the North?
    All clubs could apply for government funding to upgrade their stadiums on safety grounds. taylor had tons of recommendations and all sater only applied to the premiership. Clubs in the north, including Derry, got money to help develop their grounds from this fund

  8. #8
    Harry Boland kdjac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Neilstown
    Posts
    5,066
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Robbie View Post
    How do they get the fig into the fig rolls?
    Rolled in and then cut so that when baked the cut rolls into the other side making it look like magic :O

  9. #9
    Paul Osam St. Robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks
    1,758
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjac View Post
    Rolled in and then cut so that when baked the cut rolls into the other side making it look like magic :O
    St. Robbie thanks kdjac for this useful post.
    Saint Patrick's Athletic**1929**Pride of Inchicore
    Auf gehts, Patricks, schießt ein Tor! Die rot-weißen Heiligen von Irland!
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

  10. #10
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,770
    Thanks
    1,378
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    All clubs could apply for government funding to upgrade their stadiums on safety grounds. taylor had tons of recommendations and all sater only applied to the premiership. Clubs in the north, including Derry, got money to help develop their grounds from this fund
    Cheers Dodge, mad that Derry got money even tho they play down here

  11. #11
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Thanks
    1,505
    Thanked 5,845 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathfarnham_Saint View Post
    Cheers Dodge, mad that Derry got money even tho they play down here
    Derry play both sides. Also claimed they were a British side to sign Gavin Dykes on a free bosman (when they had to move country) from Sligo

  12. #12
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    inchicore
    Posts
    956
    Thanks
    891
    Thanked 670 Times in 198 Posts
    was asked this question yesterday, who was the last player we paid a fee for, got 2 answers dodge gave me one and an.other gave me the other, i'll put them up later but who do ya's think it is?
    formally turnstyler!

  13. #13
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 47 Times in 21 Posts
    glen fitzpatrick or john murphy?

  14. #14
    Administrator Hano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,534
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 451 Posts
    10k for glen fitz or derek o brien

  15. #15
    Mbabazi danthesaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At the bar in McDowell's
    Posts
    2,881
    Thanks
    1,779
    Thanked 808 Times in 408 Posts
    john murphy and derek o'brien on those options.
    We All Dream Of A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!! A Team Of Curly Wurly's!!!

  16. #16
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Thanks
    1,505
    Thanked 5,845 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turnstyler View Post
    was asked this question yesterday, who was the last player we paid a fee for, got 2 answers dodge gave me one and an.other gave me the other, i'll put them up later but who do ya's think it is?
    http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=2461

    Its John Murphy. An undisclosed fee is still a fee

    That’s from 31st July 2008

    O’Brien signed on the 7th July

    http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=2390

  17. #17
    Patrons
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    inchicore
    Posts
    956
    Thanks
    891
    Thanked 670 Times in 198 Posts
    cheers dodge glad its cleared up thanks
    formally turnstyler!

  18. #18
    John McDonnell yorkiesaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,322
    Thanks
    499
    Thanked 650 Times in 271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danthesaint View Post
    john murphy
    Shame about him, thought he was excellent in Elfsborg

  19. #19
    Paul Osam St. Robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks
    1,758
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 663 Posts
    I've a question that I've never figured out. When we signed Vinny Arkins why didn't he play at all and what was the story around his signing in general? Was pretty weird
    Saint Patrick's Athletic**1929**Pride of Inchicore
    Auf gehts, Patricks, schießt ein Tor! Die rot-weißen Heiligen von Irland!
    Christy Fagan - He scores big goals

  20. #20
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Thanks
    1,505
    Thanked 5,845 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Robbie View Post
    I've a question that I've never figured out. When we signed Vinny Arkins why didn't he play at all and what was the story around his signing in general? Was pretty weird
    We signed him the day teams had to be handed in to the Setanta Cup. Johnny wanted an expereinced guy in case we need him but we didnt play for 2 weeks and in that time he decided he wasn't up to it.

    never even appeared n the bench for us

  21. #21
    Super Moderator Jimdagym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Balbriggan
    Posts
    4,052
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked 956 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    We signed him the day teams had to be handed in to the Setanta Cup. Johnny wanted an expereinced guy in case we need him but we didnt play for 2 weeks and in that time he decided he wasn't up to it.

    never even appeared n the bench for us
    Didnt he make the squad photo though?

  22. #22
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Thanks
    1,505
    Thanked 5,845 Times in 2,612 Posts
    No, don't think so

  23. #23
    Super Moderator Jimdagym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Balbriggan
    Posts
    4,052
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked 956 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    No, don't think so
    Actually, i might be thinking of that 50 year old keeper we had. Robbie Horgan, was it?

  24. #24
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Thanks
    1,505
    Thanked 5,845 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Yeah he was in all the squad photos. Also kept a clean sheet in his only league game for us

  25. #25
    Super Moderator Jimdagym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Balbriggan
    Posts
    4,052
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked 956 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Yeah he was in all the squad photos. Also kept a clean sheet in his only league game for us
    Thats right, drogheda, wasnt it? Clarkey injured in the warm up or something~?

  26. #26
    Packie Lynch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 132 Times in 74 Posts
    When i went to look at the Gormley leaves Bray thread in work it got this error message

    Your request to URL "http://www.saintsforum.net/showthread.php?116-Gormley-leaves-bray" has been blocked by the Webwasher Real-Time Classifier. The page was classified as sexual, erotic or adult content (57% probability overall) which is not allowed by your administrator at this time.

    Now i like Eddie as much as the next fan but lads come on ! lol

  27. #27
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Ask yer mot for a Gormley and see what happens.

  28. #28
    Packie Lynch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 132 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Ask yer mot for a Gormley and see what happens.
    Did , sleeping on the couch tonight, never taking your advice again !

  29. #29
    Mbabazi AlanMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    InchiInchiInchicore
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppo254 View Post
    Did , sleeping on the couch tonight, never taking your advice again !
    Did she take the piss out of you with a football on the road again?

  30. #30
    Packie Lynch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 132 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Did she take the piss out of you with a football on the road again?
    She is very underratted , better than Gerrard id say

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts